Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

OT: For anyone that follows the 76ers....Okafor

What is really going on with Okafor? Something just isn't making sense. The Bucks, Mavericks, Suns, and Nuggets have all expressed interest and from what I understand have offered 2nd round picks which is about the only compensation that they are going to get at this point. What are they waiting for? At this point, it seems to be more personal. Is there a story behind the story?

Peace

Richard (CW)

Re: OT: For anyone that follows the 76ers....Okafor

I know Iíve read they think they can get a first rounder.

Word has it Phat Phil has contacted the Sixers about Jahill being the next UT football coach

I'm a unitasker living in a multitasker world

Haha!

..you’re kidding right?

"I wish I would have a real tragic love affair and get so bummed out that I'd just quit my job and become a bum for a few years, because I was thinking about doing that anyway." ó Jack Handey ,

I think the second-rounder picks being offered do not outweigh the benefit of including Okafor's salary in a potential trade at the deadline (February)-- salaries need to match, basically, in a trade. Thus, he has more potential value as a salary equalizer than "just" as a trade for a second-round pick... which the Sixers can probably get at the deadline anyway.

I have never had the sense that it is "personal.". It's all business. Okafor had 2 years to prove himself in the League, and he has proven to be horrible. The Sixers declined his option, so he's gone (free agent) at the end of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Cat View Post
    I think the second-rounder picks being offered do not outweigh the benefit of including Okafor's salary in a potential trade at the deadline (February)-- salaries need to match, basically, in a trade. Thus, he has more potential value as a salary equalizer than "just" as a trade for a second-round pick... which the Sixers can probably get at the deadline anyway.

I have never had the sense that it is "personal.". It's all business. Okafor had 2 years to prove himself in the League, and he has proven to be horrible. The Sixers declined his option, so he's gone (free agent) at the end of this season.
    That helps...good info Thanks Philly. Could be a great offensive asset for a couple of teams, but defensive liability.

Peace

Richard (CW)

It might come to an end soon

http://es.pn/2A13adO

Welp. Not the deal I was dreaming of, but I think it proves that they were holding Okafor to equalize salaries. Trevor Booker is owed $9M for this year; on the Sixers' side, Okafor ($5M) & Stauskas ($3.8M) basically balance that out.

Interesting trade! Thanks guys!

Peace

Richard (CW)

Booker any good Philly

OT: For anyone that follows the 76ers....Okafor

Quote Originally Posted by Harlow View Post
    Booker any good Philly
    Devin is.