Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Re: Kentucky v Northwestern in Music City Bowl

Northwestern (9-3, 7-2 Big Ten) will be playing their first Music City Bowl. It will be Kentucky's 5th appearance.

No interest? Aww, come on...surely you were waiting for this one!

It will be, interesting.
    Just not exciting...
    Compromise: An amiable arrangement between husband and wife whereby they agree to let her have her own way.

That's not an official announcement, of course. Those won't be revealed for a couple of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    It will be, interesting.
    Just not exciting...
    I dunno. I like the matchup. But you're right, it may not be exciting. Then again, the chance to play a 9-win Big Ten team is kinda fun.

I like it. I bet UK fans show up in good numbers with it being in Nashville

I like it.
    Don't panic

I am thankful for the bowl experience for our players, including the extra practices and all, but I have been on a self-imposed ban since the UofL debacle, sounds nicer than s*** show, and it is just hard to generate any kind of enthusiasm right now.
    Compromise: An amiable arrangement between husband and wife whereby they agree to let her have her own way.

Northwestern has won seven straight games.

I think it's a) a tough foe, and b) a good one for Kentucky.

I'm with you guys. I like it.

Yep. They started 2-3 then went on a 7 game tear. Of course we could also be 9-3 but....

Wildcats vs. Wildcats
    Don't panic

Northwestern is ranked # 20 AP Poll.

Last two games against Big Ten foes Minnesota and Illinois, won by a combined score of 81-7.

Ouch.

They were 2nd in the West division, behind Wisconsin. They lost @ Wisconsin 33-24. Beat Purdue, beat # 16 Michigan State.

They will kill us
    Go Cats!

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Last two games against Big Ten foes Minnesota and Illinois, won by a combined score of 81-7.

Ouch.

They were 2nd in the West division, behind Wisconsin. They lost @ Wisconsin 33-24. Beat Purdue, beat # 16 Michigan State.
    Minnesota and Illinois are terrible.

They’re 9-3 and won 3 straight games in OT in the middle of the season.

Good team and will rightly be favored, but not a bad matchup at all. Nice realistic opportunity to beat a ranked team. Although even if we do, a large segment of our fan base will just say Northwestern sucks.

Their QB (Clayton Thorson) hit 60.6% of his passes for 2809 yards. Had 15 touchdowns, but threw 12 interceptions.

Leading rusher is Justin Jackson, who rushed for 1154 yards on 4.5 yards per carry, 9 touchdowns. Jeremy Larkin was 2nd with 391 yards on 5.2 yards per carry, 5 touchdowns. On the goal line, they liked to have their QB run it in, too, as Thorson had 85 "carries" for 29 yards, but 8 touchdowns.

Two teams going in different directions. I would think this game would be disappointing for Northwestern fans. I too think they would roll over us pretty good and would not be a great way to end the year.

Peace

Richard (CW)

Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post

Good team and will rightly be favored, but not a bad matchup at all. Nice realistic opportunity to beat a ranked team..
    I like the matchup. We will "probably" lose, but we have a good chance to do that other thing as well. If we win, the win should not be discounted. It's a good team. Ranked above Mississippi State, for example.

Not official yet, but check out the Music City Bowl's Marquee Header they've just changed....

1music city bowl marquee header.jpg

I think that makes it official, doesn't it?

Music City Bowl just made the official announcement.

1 music city bowl 2.jpg

Have not seen a line for the game yet. I'm guessing Northwestern will be about a 7-point favorite.

Northwestern runs it 40 times a game and has 28 rushing touchdowns this season.

Kentucky runs it 39 times a game and has 24 rushing touchdowns.

AD Mitch Barnhart says BBN has made Nashville its second home and notes how critical fan support will be to the pursuit of an eighth win. Obvious concern over the UK-UL basketball conflict same day. https://t.co/2H6L0ERgki

Northwestern has the nation’s ninth best rushing defense and holds opponents to 3.3 yards per carry. allowing only 10 rushing TDs all year.

Pat Fitzgerald is a pretty good coach who always gets more out of his team beats the experts predictions. Should be a good matchup for the Cats. At least we won’t see cut blocks on every run. I think we’ve got a chance.

AD Mitch Barnhart says BBN has made Nashville its second home and notes how critical fan support will be to the pursuit of an eighth win. Obvious concern over the UK-UL basketball conflict same day. https://t.co/2H6L0ERgki
    Basketball at 1 pm ET that day vs. UL.

Football at 4:30 pm ET that day vs. NU.

We'll pack Rupp for UL without a doubt... and even with a good deal of consternation amongst UK FB fans, currently, I expect UK fans to show up in droves for the bowl game... cuz they ALWAYS do... plus NU's fanbase is not exactly "huge" despite being in a well-known Chicago 'burb.
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

For those that want to make a nice 3 or 4 day trip out of it, it's a great time to visit Nashville.

December 29 & 30 there is a two-day Music City Bowl festival with live music, activities, vendors and food. You can go to the Musiccitybowl.com/fanzone/ website to get more info. Of course, many UK fans here know about Nashville's live music scene, which is terrific. Some of you may want to chime in.

The Preds are playing hockey on December 30 at Bridgestone Arena at 7pm if you want to take in a high quality NHL contest. We went last year and had a blast.

Finally, if you hang around to New Year's Eve, you can attend a Jimmy Buffet New Year's Eve show, with Huey Lewis and the News at Bridgestone as well.

It could be a terrific trip. Will the Cats do their part?

In case you do NOT go through Kentucky for tickets--Kentucky seating will be on the EAST SIDE of the stadium. That kind of thing has never bothered me before, but I guess it is nice to sit with like-minded fans. Kentucky should have the lions share--or should i say, Wildcats' share--of the fans in the stands anyway, but you may not want to be in the middle of a pocket of Northwestern fans.

For those that want to make a nice 3 or 4 day trip out of it, it's a great time to visit Nashville.

December 29 & 30 there is a two-day Music City Bowl festival with live music, activities, vendors and food. You can go to the Musiccitybowl.com/fanzone/ website to get more info. Of course, many UK fans here know about Nashville's live music scene, which is terrific. Some of you may want to chime in.

The Preds are playing hockey on December 30 at Bridgestone Arena at 7pm if you want to take in a high quality NHL contest. We went last year and had a blast.

Finally, if you hang around to New Year's Eve, you can attend a Jimmy Buffet New Year's Eve show, with Huey Lewis and the News at Bridgestone as well.

It could be a terrific trip. Will the Cats do their part?
    These two sentences are, IMO, oil and water... sorry, lol, I do HATE both of those acts with an undying vigor.
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"