Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: When thinking about donating, please consider a charity that fights hunger

When thinking about donating, please consider a charity that fights hunger

Had a colonoscopy today, everything went great, no issues. Ten more years before next one.

I hightailed it out of there (so to speak) and hit the nearest IHOP restaurant, to stuff myself with stuffed french toast, 4 pieces of bacon, fried eggs and hash browns. Because, you know, I had not eaten the day before. One day, and I was miserable. One day of being hungry, and I felt bad, couldn't think, and was irritable. One lousy day. Really, Darrell? You can't suck it up for one day?

And there are those that are hungry--some constantly, others regularly, or at least, often. And it didn't hit me yesterday when I was on the liquid diet, or today when I was gorging myself. No, it took accidentally seeing an ad with a hungry child in it to finally open my eyes. If you have an extra dollar or two, please consider one of these charities that fight hunger.

My personal choice for the little contributions I can make is Feeding America, which is a 4 out of 4 star rated charity by Charity Navigator that runs a nationwide network of food banks. Normally a lowly $1 donation will provide 10 meals through the food bank. During the holiday season, thanks to matching donations from Tony Robbins, that is doubled--for every $1 contributed, 20 meals can be provided. Have an extra $20 laying around? That's 400 meals for hungry families, or I wasted it with a baseball hat that I didn't really need. I can do without another hat. Can they do without another meal?

If you can. I understand better than most, sometimes I can during my lifetime, and sometimes I cannot. Just if you can, please consider it.

Here's the link to Feeding America, which is just one of them. I'm not touting them over any others. http://www.feedingamerica.org/

There's also a link on that page to donate via credit card or PayPal, if you so choose.

There are great charities worldwide that do the same thing. There are hungry people everywhere. If you can....

Rupp's Runt

Re: When thinking about donating, please consider a charity that fights hunger

Thanks Darrell. I'm a giver, but get scared of donating to groups that I am not familiar with and have been curious about some good organizations to feed kids.

It's not perfect, KentuckyWildcat, but Charity Navigator is a good site to keep handy at www.charitynavigator.org .

Rates American Red Cross 3 stars (83.33/100), St. Jude Hospital (one I really like) 3 stars (88.79), as examples. Feeding America is a 4 star one, with a 94.13 rating, very high. On their site:

Feeding America is the nationwide network of 200 food banks that leads the fight against hunger in the United States. Together, we provide food to more than 46 million people through 60,000 food pantries and meal programs in communities across America.

Fab Five

Congratulations on getting the colonoscopy and the good results.
    Real Fan since 1958

Rupp's Runt

FYI

2 more days to have your donation doubled

Thanks, KentuckyWildcat. Will make a small credit card contribution.

Rupp's Runt

When thinking about donating, please consider a charity that fights hunger

My pleasure

$5 = 100 meals
    $10 = 200 meals

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk