Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good for her but how is this fair?

Good for her but how is this fair?

Cant knock her for making her dream come true...but whoever did the surgery needs to lose his license and go back to school

http://photos.denverpost.com/2012/12...sketball-team/

Re: Good for her but how is this fair?

After looking at those photos, it wasn't successful
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    After looking at those photos, it wasn't successful
    The doctor should lose his license for sure for the quality of that work. They'd kick him/her out of a bad 3am drag show.

Unforgettable

GI bill?

I got nothing.
    Too busy laughing.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Nice wolf tattoo.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Hey now...she's 50 and playing college ball...that takes balls to play a young persons game...oh wait...oops

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    I got nothing.
    Too busy laughing.
    No kidding. I don't really know where to start with the jokes on this one. You know it's something special when being a 50 year old freshman gets glossed over.

I'm not familiar with the legalities of declaring a change of gender, but isn't that a process? The teammates don't seem to care too much.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    I'm not familiar with the legalities of declaring a change of gender, but isn't that a process? The teammates don't seem to care too much.
    Of course they dont, because women are more accepting about sexuality issues than men are...men feel threatened if a FTM tran upstages them so they would lash out against him...women just dont care and theyre glad she is happy

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelSteve View Post
    Of course they dont, because women are more accepting about sexuality issues than men are...men feel threatened if a FTM tran upstages them so they would lash out against him...women just dont care and theyre glad she is happy
    Well that might be because she's on their team, I doubt opposing teammates could be counted on to feel the same way. Also, if someone on your team has an advatage such as this you might expect them to upstage you. A bit different having a female turned male on a men's sqad. Not apples to apples here. Just sayin'.

Personally I think they should be weirded out, and not b/c of the gender change. it's the gender change then a 50 year old playing college sports. The whole thing is just not quite right. If it were just some 50 year old having a sex change OK, no news, but having one when your life's dream is to play women's college sports and having that dream be so important to you when you're 50 you have a sex change and get on a women's college basketball team is just creepy to me.

The sex change is the least weird part of this to me. They're far more common than 50 year olds playing on college sports teams.

Well that might be because she's on their team, I doubt opposing teammates could be counted on to feel the same way. Also, if someone on your team has an advatage such as this you might expect them to upstage you. A bit different having a female turned male on a men's sqad. Not apples to apples here. Just sayin'.

I think this is accurate. She is 5 inches tall and can bench press a truck
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Isn't a person's sex determined by DNA and the number of X vs Y chromosomes? Females have to X chromosomes and males have an X and a Y chromosome. That person did not change their sex, they just changed their outward appearance.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Fiddlin' Five

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Isn't a person's sex determined by DNA and the number of X vs Y chromosomes? Females have to X chromosomes and males have an X and a Y chromosome. That person did not change their sex, they just changed their outward appearance.
    Exactly!! This world has become total BS, hell if they want to become a dog or a cat have at it, just don't expect me to say it is OK.

I've seen this analogy regarding sex change: Giving someone a sex change because they think they're the other gender is like giving an anorexic liposuction. I don't know if that's fair or accurate, but it does raise a pointed question.

That is an ugly woman!

Quote Originally Posted by uklandrn View Post
    That is an ugly woman!
    No, that is an ugly man

You are right - it IS an ugly man. I guess when I have seen transgendered people they usually have always looked closer to the gender they transitioned to than their original gender - so therefore it isn't much of a stretch accepting the new gender. With this guy/gal - there is no way I could look at him and think - Oh - that's a girl. I will say this - it took a heck of a lot of courage for him to go through with surgery.

When I saw the picture, my first thought was Chief from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

32958809.jpg

According to this story, she gets a lot of Facebook friend requests from opposing teams, and according to the story, without a single "heckle."

Better looking pic for sure, but I don't get why a 54 year old man/woman/whatever thinks he/she needs to play college basketball. The sex change his his/her business, but playing college sports is just weird.

Fiddlin' Five

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Better looking pic for sure, but I don't get why a 54 year old man/woman/whatever thinks he/she needs to play college basketball. The sex change his his/her business, but playing college sports is just weird.
    Let's get down to the nuts and bolts of this, there is no she in there, it is one screwed up man. I have seen where they are doing this with children at age 8 or 9, one sick world is all I can say.

Citizen, put down the bottle and take 3 steps back, help is on thew way.
    That is just one ugly-**s man, post surgically, in women's clothing.

One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Pappy, believe it or not--that is a better picture. The other one was REALLY bad.

I feel sorry for the person, and I guess I'm glad the person is doing what they dreamed of doing. I have issues with their competitive advantage, although in reading the stories, it appears it is very limited at this point. Age doesn't help either.

Citizen, put down the bottle and take 3 steps back, help is on thew way.
    That is just one ugly-**s man, post surgically, in women's clothing.
    That's how bad the first picture was. I've never been prone to beer goggles, and you couldn't drink this lady pretty before you died of alcohol poisoning.

Guess Darrell's right it's good she's pursuing a dream, and given the age I'm not sure it's a big competitive advantage other than height, but if the "follow your dream" gets opened this wide I have one about being a regular at the Playboy Mansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Pappy, believe it or not--that is a better picture. The other one was REALLY bad.

I feel sorry for the person, and I guess I'm glad the person is doing what they dreamed of doing. I have issues with their competitive advantage, although in reading the stories, it appears it is very limited at this point. Age doesn't help either.
    I saw the original photo and that is still one ugly **s man.

That's how bad the first picture was. I've never been prone to beer goggles, and you couldn't drink this lady pretty before you died of alcohol poisoning.

Guess Darrell's right it's good she's pursuing a dream, and given the age I'm not sure it's a big competitive advantage other than height, but if the "follow your dream" gets opened this wide I have one about being a regular at the Playboy Mansion.
    I am just worried about you thinking that is a "better looking photo"

I am just worried about you thinking that is a "better looking photo"
    I appreciate you having my back. I may have fallen down a flight of stairs or something.

I haven't forgot how you worked to get me through the move, nor Dan either.

I spent an evening out with the coworkers and after a couple, it still looked like an ug...... you get the picture.

We have each others back on this board.

I would expect the same if you saw me post you know that UofL whatever is really looking g..........

I can't, but you get the picture.