Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

This Nike Basketball tourney has been....

Awesome.. you all know I donít disagree with Cal much lol...this one though, no reason we shouldnít be out there, donít care how young we are

Re: This Nike Basketball tourney has been....

Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
    Awesome.. you all know I don’t disagree with Cal much lol...this one though, no reason we shouldn’t be out there, don’t care how young we are
    I am beginning to believe Cal was right for avoiding,we would have no chance simply because the forces behind the scenes are directing the outcome(s)

Nah, I don't believe that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by wes011 View Post
    Nah, I don't believe that at all.
    The people hiring the officials, running the tourney are running ads for Duke. Can't say that it inspires confidence.

I imagine the main reasons Cal didn't do it are:

1) Cal hates thanksgiving tourneys. Hated them before this one, still does. Doesn't like 3 games in 3 days type tourneys at all in fact. Would skip the SEC tourney if he had a choice.

2) This team isn't ready. Does no good to be out there and damage their psyche and pile up losses.

The good news is no one remembers the Thanksgiving tourneys in March.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

The segment on Grayson Allen with the little kids is all the duke I could do from the nike loves dook tourney

These preconference events are great. Best competition out there and its a shame we dont participate in them. IIRC the last we did was when Wall was here and we did it in some POS gym (and the Keightly Classic doesnt count). The "we are a young team" excuse isnt flying anymore

I'm a unitasker living in a multitasker world

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    These preconference events are great. Best competition out there and its a shame we dont participate in them. IIRC the last we did was when Wall was here and we did it in some POS gym (and the Keightly Classic doesnt count). The "we are a young team" excuse isnt flying anymore
    Don't forget Maui in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Was that the game we played on some ballroom court with a chandelier hanging over mid-court? lol those were the days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dokker View Post
    Was that the game we played on some ballroom court with a chandelier hanging over mid-court? lol those were the days.
    In hindsight I wonder if that helped sour cal on Thanksgiving tourneys or if that was already a given.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    In hindsight I wonder if that helped sour cal on Thanksgiving tourneys or if that was already a given.
    I don't know but personally I'm tired of watching other teams play in these while we get our fill of Harvard, Monmouth, Troy and Illinois-Chicago. I'd rather risk a loss here and there with a challenge in November the load up on crap I'll be watching tonight

I'm a unitasker living in a multitasker world