Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Kentucky may have an Orlando-Tampa opportunity

Most figured Mississippi State for such a bowl, but an 8-4 State team without Fitzgerald may not be all that attractive. Kentucky wins Saturday, with momentum and an 8-4 record we could go up a rung.

Rupp's Runt

Re: Kentucky may have an Orlando-Tampa opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Most figured Mississippi State for such a bowl, but an 8-4 State team without Fitzgerald may not be all that attractive. Kentucky wins Saturday, with momentum and an 8-4 record we could go up a rung.
    Technically you are correct. However, it doesn’t pass the feel test.
    Real Fan since 1958

You never know. I think the Outback is a remote possibility if we win tomorrow, but I don’t know about the Citrus. They get first dibs after the New Years 6 make their picks. Maybe if Bama, Auburn, and Georgia all three go to one of those.
    Don't panic

I agree.

Posted in another thread, with MSU’s loss last night, if we win, A&M beats LSU and Clemson beats SC, there will be five 8-4 teams (UK, USC, MSU, LSU and A&M) fighting for the Citrus Bowl slot. Alternatively, if LSU beats A&M and the rest happens, we’ve got a realistic chance at the Outback Bowl.

I think the Citrus is too much to ask for, but I think the Outback is a real possibility IF we win Saturday. They know we’ll travel, and the league may work with us to avoid playing the day of the UofL game in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    You never know. I think the Outback is a remote possibility if we win tomorrow, but I don’t know about the Citrus. They get first dibs after the New Years 6 make their picks. Maybe if Bama, Auburn, and Georgia all three go to one of those.

Very likely all three go to one of those unless UGA loses to GT.

I think the Outback possible if we win. Of course the owner has that UK connection

UK s great traveling fan base breaks a tie in most cases

Quote Originally Posted by ETWNAPPEL View Post
    UK ‘s great traveling fan base breaks a tie in most cases
    Butts in the seats is pretty high on the priority list for the bowl committees.

First things first....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I know a lot of things still need to happen--not the least of which is a win as a double digit underdog!

Texas AM needs to beat LSU and Clemson to beat SC. Of course we need to beat UL. Local media giving UK no chance. I,m not buying, we beat them last year as 4 td underdogs on the road

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Blue View Post
    Texas AM needs to beat LSU and Clemson to beat SC. Of course we need to beat UL. Local media giving UK no chance. I,m not buying, we beat them last year as 4 td underdogs on the road
    After looking at the game all week (and thanks to Freddie Maggard for some good stats analysis), I think the game will be close. I still think Louisville will win, but nothing makes me happier than being wrong when I think Kentucky won't win.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Butts in the seats is pretty high on the priority list for the bowl committees.
    Agreed.... but I'm not so certain we'll travel all that well this year. Maybe a win over Louisville would change that feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dokker View Post
    Agreed.... but I'm not so certain we'll travel all that well this year. Maybe a win over Louisville would change that feeling.
    It's a fair point, will depend on where we go. But UK fans love an excuse to go somewhere and have a party.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon