Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: S-Town Podcast

Fab Five

S-Town Podcast

This may have been discussed, although I did a search and didn't find it. I heard about this earlier this year when it came out but didn't listen. A couple of weeks ago when I was in Australia a few of us were unwinding after a long day of work and one guy asked me how close to "**** town" I lived in AL. I was surprised anyone from there would have heard of it and after hearing them talk about how amazing it was, I decided to listen on the drive from AL to KY yesterday. It is excellent!!! Basically it is the story of a man named John B. Mclemore who contacts a reporter for NPR/This American Life about a supposed murder that took place in Woodstock, AL which is about halfway between Birmingham and Tuscaloosa. After a year or so of phone conversations and emails the reporter travels to Woodstock to meet Mclemore and thus begins a very circuitous route to get to the bottom of the murder as well as other things. There are 7 episodes that run anywhere from 45 minutes or so to about an hour. We got through the first 6 and can't wait to get on the road Sunday to get through the final one.

You can get it here: https://stownpodcast.org/

My son has been trying to get me to listen to it for a long time. He's a big fan.