Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

View Poll Results: Who will win Saturday's contest--Kentucky or Louisville?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kentucky

11 47.83%
  • Louisville

12 52.17%

Who wins Saturday--Kentucky or Louisville?

Let's hear your thoughts and place your vote.

Super Kitten

Re: Who wins Saturday--Kentucky or Louisville?

I have not seen UL play much this year but I was confident since they have lost multiple games. However when the Vegas line posted UL a 9 point fave that worries me. Those guys are generally pretty good. With all that said I am still taking the cats - 31-27.

Rupp's Runt

We have never beaten Louisville and Tennessee in the sameseason. I don’t have a good reason why that will change.
    Real Fan since 1958

Who wins Saturday--Kentucky or Louisville?

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    We have never beaten Louisville and Tennessee in the sameseason. I don’t have a good reason why that will change.
    I think that trend will continue.

That's as valid a stat imo as the Georgia one losing the game before UK for 6 straight years. Its mainly because of Tennessee, not UL.

I think we win.
    Don't panic

Blog Entries

Dammit, I'm not picking U of L. It's our way of life vs theirs. In #15 I Trust.

All I did was stand up to a long laundry list of people who passed away today who couldn't stand up because what was done was wrong.--RP, 8/26/09

No doubt that Lamar Jackson is awesome and that we’ll have our hands full with him. However Louisville’s defense has been pretty porous up front and on the back end. Our running game should allow us to keep LJ on the sidelines, if we play error free football. Usually the team that runs the ball the best wins the game and that should be us. Other than Jackson U of L’s running game is weak. Reggie Bonnafon is a good wide receiver but not a very good running back.

Petrino's last game at U-6 is a loss. UK has been too inconsistent this season for me to be sure of a win but will sit at 51% UK 49% U-6
    seeya
    dan

“I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.” Hunter S Thompson

One and Done

My heart says UK. Plus I just can't make myself vote for U6. That said, the odds are against us.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Petrino's last game at U-6 is a loss. UK has been too inconsistent this season for me to be sure of a win but will sit at 51% UK 49% U-6
    I'll take a 51-49 win and call it good.

It will be a tight one. Jackson will have his best game yet against UK however and will score the winning touchdown in the last minute of the game. 35/31

"I wish I would have a real tragic love affair and get so bummed out that I'd just quit my job and become a bum for a few years, because I was thinking about doing that anyway." — Jack Handey ,

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    It will be a tight one. Jackson will have his best game yet against UK however and will score the winning touchdown in the last minute of the game. 35/31
    I could easily see this.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    That never happens to Kentucky!
    Real Fan since 1958

UK and UofL both 7-4. Louisville’s win over Virginia (6-5) is only W vs opponent with winning record. UK with 3, SC-8 wins, USM-7, Mizzou-6.

More schedule comparison: Louisville’s 7 wins have come vs opponents that have combined for 27 wins. UK’s wins over opponents with 41 collective W’s.

Lamar Jackson wants revenge and I don't think we can shut him down right now. Cards by 10.

Peace

Richard (CW)

UofL faced 1 (Clemson-7th) defense ranked in nation’s Top 20-Total D. UK faced 3: UGA-5th, Miss St-9th, Southern Miss-18th.

4 UofL losses vs teams with 30 combined wins. UK’s 4 losses came vs opponents with 27 total victories.

Jackson's motivation may backfire. he may try to make the big play 2-3 times too often, which is actually what cost him the game last year.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Jackson's motivation may backfire. he may try to make the big play 2-3 times too often, which is actually what cost him the game last year.
    I could see that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I could see that, too.
    His last fumble was trying to make something out of nothing. He is good enough to do that, but he could also mess up.

Like all the big games we just have to take advantage of the opportunities we get. we Did that last year and got the win, but this year we've missed on a number of them. We'll see if we can finally catch the big ball every time and not just come close.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

UL 38 UK 28

I see another game where we win it on an Austin MacGinnis 42 yard field goal as time expires...
    Compromise: An amiable arrangement between husband and wife whereby they agree to let her have her own way.

Kentucky laughs at being 10 point dogs. What was it last year, 26, on the road. We,ll control the clock and the game with our vaunted run game. Jackson will be great, but we have best team. Ky 38 UL 28 for our 8th win to meet Terry Blue,s prediction.

Lamar Jackson has had this game circled for a year and all I can think about is our whiffing on tackles at Georgia. He may go for 300 yards rushing.

U6 - 42 UK - 31

Quote Originally Posted by CatQuick View Post
    Lamar Jackson has had this game circled for a year and all I can think about is our whiffing on tackles at Georgia. He may go for 300 yards rushing.

U6 - 42 UK - 31
    We'll be concentrating on shutting him down and controlling the clock. He's about all they've got.
    Don't panic

His last fumble was trying to make something out of nothing. He is good enough to do that, but he could also mess up.

Like all the big games we just have to take advantage of the opportunities we get. we Did that last year and got the win, but this year we've missed on a number of them. We'll see if we can finally catch the big ball every time and not just come close.
    So we're due
    Don't panic

I expect it to be like the Ole Miss game. We won’t be able to stop them, but they shouldn’t be able to stop us. I’d like to be the team that has the ball last.

I think we win by 4.

Cats will win this game. 34-28

Everyone—well at least every UL fan I have the misfortune of knowing—seems to have the opinion that Jackson lost that game last year and I’m sure Jackson blames himself. But they forget or ignore what immediately proceeded that, which was a turnover by UK. I’m sure the talking heads on tv will paint it as Jackson’s loss so as to better push the revenge angle. They also won’t mention that Stephen Johnson outplayed Jackson last year.

What really happened last year:
    UK went up by 7, 38-31 as the 4th quarter started.
    UL tied it up with 7 1/2 minutes to go in the game.
    UK’s next drive ends with a fumble at the UL 45 yard line.
    UL’s Jackson fumbles it back at the UK 9 yard line.
    UK then drove 60 yards to the UL 29 yard line while taking the clock from 1:35 to 0:12 and MacGinnis kicked a 47 yard field goal to put UK back on top.
    Don't panic