Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: What's on your camera?

great pics Darrell! I loved my time in Mobile. I could see myself going back at some point, but that's another thread. Hank Aaron Stadium was a lot of fun. Watched many games in there, inlcuding getting to see Roger Clemens in a rehab assignment against the Bay Bears. Lot's of good friends still live there too.
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

From a few months ago, taken with my phone in downtown Cincinnati.

Attachment 7006

You guys are such liars. I know your phones are full of adult only selfies and pics of women you shot at the mall.

Mine is full of furniture and household contents.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

FWIW, I received my new camera battery in the mail yesterday. Dirt cheap, and for a few extra bucks it came with a battery charger that works in your house as well as your car.

So the first thing I did was try my old battery in it. Although my other charger wouldn't charge it, this one did. So now I have two. I'm glad I thought to change chargers, rather than just relying on what my Google searches told me.

One battery lasts a ridiculously long time, at least 400 photos, so I should be set now.

How are y'all getting them uploaded? I keep getting errors saying the file is too large.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

What size is your photo?

There are 3 answers to your question, and it may depend on your answer to my question.

a) Your photo IS too large. The remedy for that is easy. Resize it. Here are instructions for a free and easy online resize thing that I have often used:

Go to www.picresize.com. You can follow the very easy online instructions there--it's a free online picture resizer (also allows limited cropping and such, too). Nice, easy and free.

Try something like 50% and it should work fine. Probably 25% would. NOTE--reducing the size of the photo 25% doesn't reduce the FILE size 25% -- it's usually MUCH greater than that. Something like 90%. Like, you can take a 500kb photo, set a 25% photo reduction, and it will produce a 50kb file. (Don't hold me to that math, but it's something crazy like that).

If your photo is something over 1MB, for example, it's too large.

b) If you ever want to do a "batch" of photos, let me know. I have a free resizing program that does them in batch mode. It works fantastic. I used to go to show choir competitions and take 200-300 photos. Then my daughter would want to see them online. Easy way to do it was to reduce the size with the batch program, then post them. I would keep the original copy, and save the resized photos to a "Reduced Size" photo file folder on my computer.

c) Sometimes the photos are not too large, but there's another "thing" that you're doing/not doing in posting. Somebody here figured it out once, and posted it. It wasn't me, and I don't remember what it was.

^Thanks Darrell--the photo is legitimately that big, so I'll try picresize.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Good, that fix is easy.

rsz_untitled.jpg

So this is a pic I took in the most beautiful place I visited last year, and one of the most beautiful I've ever seen, Colmar, France, in the Alsace region. It's just a simple memorial to the WWII French resistance fighters in that area who gave their lives for their cause.

The plaque reads:

"To Our Martyrs Of Resistance 1940-1945

(Names of resistance martyrs)

This Plaque Was Inaugurated by General DeGaulle 1 August 1948"

I found it very touching that over 70 years after the end of the war, people still leave flowers at the memorial.

I'll post some other pics later.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 01-25-2018 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGWildcat View Post
    great pics Darrell! I loved my time in Mobile. I could see myself going back at some point, but that's another thread. Hank Aaron Stadium was a lot of fun. Watched many games in there, inlcuding getting to see Roger Clemens in a rehab assignment against the Bay Bears. Lot's of good friends still live there too.
    Clemens vs the Bay Bears. That would have been one for the ages.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    rsz_untitled.jpg

So this is a pic I took in the most beautiful place I visited last year, and one of the most beautiful I've ever seen, Colmar, France, in the Alsace region. It's just a simple memorial to the WWII French resistance fighters in that area who gave their lives for their cause.

The plaque reads:

"To Our Martyrs Of Resistance 1940-1945

(Names of resistance martyrs)

This Plaque Was Inaugurated by General DeGaulle 1 August 1948"

I found it very touching that over 70 years after the end of the war, people still leave flowers at the memorial.

I'll post some other pics later.
    Very cool, BEvans. And you're right, it is touching.

Not my photo, and won't come out very well here, I'm sure--but had our preseason high school soccer meeting last night, and coincidentally, this morning the high school girls' soccer account posted this photo.

What I love about this is the commitment it shows. None of these girls will likely make any substantial money from soccer, although there may be a few that will get some college money from it. But all of them have the desire and commitment to be training this week before daybreak. Then they'll go to school. High school. They won state in 2012, 2014 and 2015, and were named national champions one of those years, but the last two years they have not won, and they are determined to fix that. Good luck to the girls (I don't have a daughter on that team, but still root for them. Go Eagles!)

Go Eagles! I'm not a super soccer fan, but there are times it's fun to watch. I hope they do well.

Bombino

What's on your camera?

In Vietnam right now, having fun in the chaos that is Saigon. This place is so vibrant and dynamic. It's photogenic in it's open strange crazy way.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 02-12-2018 at 02:38 AM.

Vietnam seems amazing--and I like that you call it Saigon. I'd love to see a trip report/some photos when you get a chance.

S***, I'm still only in Saigon.

Everyone gets everything he wants.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Bombino

What's on your camera?

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Vietnam seems amazing--and I like that you call it Saigon. I'd love to see a trip report/some photos when you get a chance.
    Most South Vietnamese still call it Saigon for the most part. When I get back to the USA in a bit over a well I'll do a full report. Right now we are in the highlands of Vietnam in a small city that is the coffee and tea capitol of Vietnam. I've been going from caffeine buzz to caffeine buzz and I'm not even sensitive to caffeine! Here are a few more photos for anyone that cares.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Some more photos from our day trip to Colmar, France last June:

rsz_untitled6.jpg

rsz_untitled5.jpg

untitled2.jpg

rsz_untitled4.jpg
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 02-14-2018 at 07:57 AM.

What's on your camera?

Love all of these pictures. Great thread idea.

Some awesome shots from everyone! Thanks for playing along!
    Last edited by CGWildcat; 02-15-2018 at 11:10 PM.

Rupp's Runt

Mostly bringing this thread back to the top. Hope to see some summer photos.

Her first day fishing. Had a blast, but no desire to touch the fish

Attachment 7114

Not sure I'll have anything to add, but working on video stuff this summer. Getting my "Go Pro" Xiaomi clone in good shape--have four batteries (five, but I misplaced one), and they all go at least 90 minutes on regular video, getting some accessories for it, etc.

I struggled with the app that I had for it that allows viewing on your phone, controls, etc., until I finally thought to replace the micro-SD card. When I did, it worked like a charm. Now I'm just getting used to it.

You so don't want to know
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

What's on your camera?

some of my favorites

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Doc; 05-29-2018 at 05:47 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

What's on your camera?

more appealing

View from the observatories atop of Mauna Kea in Hawaii

View from near our lot in Fairplay Colorado

Waterfall in Wiapia Valley Hawaii

Views from Hot Air Balloon over Colorado

Pictures from a raft on the Colorado river just coming out of the Grand Canyon

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Doc; 05-29-2018 at 05:54 PM.

What's on your camera?

How would you like to see his in your rear view mirror?

I know several of you all have seen this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blueboss; 05-29-2018 at 07:37 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire