Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rupp's Runt

What's on your camera?

Can't find my theater thread so I'll add it here. Finally finished my ceiling. The walls are lighter than the picture shows.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Rupp's Runt

What's on your camera?

A couple of the girls to try out my 50mm 1.8

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Re: What's on your camera?

They are too precious...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    They are too precious...
    They have their moments...

Good looking little kids!!
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

From one of my favorite places on this earth where my wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary a year ago...photo by my buddy Chas Beasley
    Attachment 6925

Wonderful KW!

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Took this the other night in the city
    Attachment 6960

Wow, that is one beautiful shot, Mr Elliott.
    A nice light/dark contrast you captured...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Wow, that is one beautiful shot, Mr Elliott.
    A nice light/dark contrast you captured...
    Thank you sir! Thank you very much! What else does everyone have?

Worked with this young lady over the weekend. She's very funny, but I feel like she conjured her inner Lauren Bacall on this one!

Attachment 6998

I've been going through old work lately. This is quickly becoming one of my favorites. I call it "Yosemite after the Storm"

Attachment 7002

What's on your camera?

I’ve often thought about taking photos and making a catalog of unique trees that have crossed my path.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

that would be a fun project boss. Trees have their own vibe!

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post

I’ve often thought about taking photos and making a catalog of unique trees that have crossed my path.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If that tree could talk, I bet it would have some stories to tell.

Headed to Mobile tonight. Will have nothing to do for much of the day, so I may take my camera and tool around. It's a) not a good camera for regular photography, and b) I'm not a good photographer. But maybe there will be some things of interest.

Then again, I may stay on campus and just not see anything. But Mobile has some neat tree-lined streets and such. Been awhile since I've been down them, but they were pretty, best I recall.

Guys, if you want, I'll post some cell phone pics later. I arrived in Mobile Friday night, took out my camera to charge the battery, and the battery wouldn't take a charge. Light lit up red like it was charging, then blinked red after about 5-10 seconds. I left it there for a couple of hours, put it in the camera, and it had not charged (it still had one of 3 "bars" of charge, so it powers on, but it wasn't going to last long). I tried it the next morning, same result. "Googled" it and it said that the battery was bad--it has been about six months since i used it and the camera and battery are years-old, so I'm not shocked. I ordered a battery from Amazon--it's not an OEM, but it's an "Amazon's choice," so hopefully it will be ok, despite the inexpensive price, and will have it for next week.

Anyway, I took photos of my old middle school, my dilapidated old house in a neighborhood that is now scary to visit, and a beautiful, gorgeous, Spring Hill College campus, with magnificent old trees bent all kind of directions, marble statues throughout the grounds, the "Avenue of Oaks" that lines the soccer field (where my son was for 7 hours yesterday), St. Joseph Chapel, the Solidarity Chapel, the golf course on campus, and more. I don't remember if I ever have visited Spring Hill before yesterday, but I don't remember it.

Some of the oaks on the "Library Field" soccer side of the street.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 01-21-2018 at 11:22 AM.

Trees were bent and curved all over campus. I don't know why. Hurricane Camille? Something else?

Last edited by Darrell KSR; 01-21-2018 at 11:23 AM.

The tree above was behind the soccer field, and this one is the back entrance to the soccer field. It was so low I wasn't sure my SUV would go under it.

Last edited by Darrell KSR; 01-21-2018 at 11:24 AM.

This is the walkway to the Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes, with a statue of the Virgin Mary looking out from a small cave. There were many "gifts" left there--a rosary, a cross, special intentions.

Last edited by Darrell KSR; 01-21-2018 at 11:25 AM.

Closer pics....

Last edited by Darrell KSR; 01-21-2018 at 11:26 AM.

Solidarity Chapel, built in 1850, located across from the Outlaw Recreation Center. Small school, the Spring Hill College women's basketball team was hosting Kentucky State women yesterday while I was there. Spring Hill won, 79-62. I saw part of the game from above the court, but didn't go in (hey, admission was $5!).

Last edited by Darrell KSR; 01-21-2018 at 11:26 AM.

Statues galore throughout campus.

Statue of the Sacred Heart

St. Aloysius Gonzaga

Last edited by Darrell KSR; 01-21-2018 at 11:37 AM.

Spring Hill College Jesuit Cemetery
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 01-21-2018 at 11:37 AM.

St. Joseph's Chapel

Last edited by Darrell KSR; 01-21-2018 at 11:39 AM.

Rites of Passage Statue. I approached it from the side first, and just saw a naked woman statue first, then discovered it was man and woman on opposite sides through an arch.

Last edited by Darrell KSR; 01-21-2018 at 11:40 AM.

This is actually where Spring Hill College plays soccer. They are D2, ranked # 10 in the nation last year by one of the ranking services, and set a record for their all-time most wins. They call it Library Field--that building is not the library, but I guess it has a "library-look" to it. The small bleachers on the left is where the fans attend. The school has an enrollment of only about 1,400, so it's not a large facility.

This view is from the street, underneath the Oaks.

Last edited by Darrell KSR; 01-21-2018 at 11:41 AM.

This is the street adjacent to Library Field, Avenue of the Oaks. You can see why it is named thusly. (I am really sorry I didn't have my camera with me, although frankly, I take such poor photographs anyway I don't know that it would make a difference.)

Last edited by Darrell KSR; 01-21-2018 at 11:41 AM.

Entrance...I didn't get out of my car to take that, as evidenced by my side mirror in the way. Sigh.

Last edited by Darrell KSR; 01-21-2018 at 11:42 AM.

What a day it was. I'm a sucker for minor league baseball, and the Mobile Bay Bears, until they move, play here, at Hank Aaron Stadium. So of course, I had to get off the interstate to take a pic or two....

Last edited by Darrell KSR; 01-21-2018 at 11:43 AM.