Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Re: We finally need a game thread!

I’d drive and kick to knox for the win...
    Go Cats!

That was stunningly bad for a last play.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

Knox bad shot
    Go Cats!

So close

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes." Jack Handey ,

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    That was stunningly bad for a last play.
    Dribble drive baby...roll it out there.
    Go Cats!

Skj player of the game behind Knox. Washington had some serious freshman itis
    Go Cats!

Quote Originally Posted by Padukacat View Post
    Dribble drive baby...roll it out there.
    He really has no set plays. It's unreal. He wins a lot of games, but we have no last second plays or out of bounds plays. Stubbornness.

good effort guys.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes." Jack Handey ,

help me understand why shai and pj were in on that last play. both have made awful decisions on offense all night. why not have green and Gabriel in? both can shoot better. dumb coaching move imo.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    llike I said.. no point guards
    They're definitely behind the eight ball here.

SKJ has kept us in this game tonight.

Honestly I’ll take this, we just have to learn from it. Cal has their full attn now. No more flexing, no more horse shots, rebound w two hands and make good passes this is real ball.
    Go Cats!

Quote Originally Posted by patrick54 View Post
    help me understand why shai and pj were in on that last play. both have made awful decisions on offense all night. why not have green and Gabriel in? both can shoot better. dumb coaching move imo.
    Pathetic really. Cal riding his "talent" like he always does. Think about 2014 when some bench guys were doing better, Cal stuck with his guys he thought would be best in March, period.

I miss the good ole days

Quote Originally Posted by patrick54 View Post
    Well Gabriel had a year to prove his stock and this is pj Alexander’s turn. Sga has a long wingspan and green is a four year player so let’s go with sga. Just kidding you know.
    Go Cats!

Plus, they gained a whole game on us for all time wins. We played alright....still sucks to be losers

Kansas isn’t good guys, this is like losing to Florida. Michigan State isn’t good either, you heard it here. You know who is good...Duke. They are really damn good.
    Go Cats!

Super Kitten

I liked the effort. Felt we were fortunate KU is not a smart team.

Just cant explain why Washington played that much.

Honestly I’ll take this, we just have to learn from it. Cal has their full attn now. No more flexing, no more horse shots, rebound w two hands and make good passes this is real ball.
    Yep, they fought and battled until the end - theyll learn from the game and the overall experience.

Here's my dilemma. I didn't think Kansas was that good either. (Of course, everything is always relative, I know).

Proud of Kentucky. But I'd be careful before reading too much into it. JMO.

glad it wasn't an embarrassing loss as it was looking early but frustrating when we had a chance to win yet so many guys just did stupid things.

Final

Pts - Knox (20)

Rebs - Killeya-Jones, Richards (9)

Assts - Diallo (4)

Blks - Washington (4)

Freshman

I hate to lose, but before the game most here thought we would lose by 15+. We lost by four and had a legitimate shot to win the game. It wasn't pretty, but these guys are no where near what they will be later in the season. We damn near beat the #4 team in the country with most of our best players having sub par performances. I think we have a good shot at being a really good team despite the conventional wisdom here.

I was more impressed than upset tonight.

Shai and PJ played like garbage all night -- couldn't tell who had a looser handle on the ball, but they kept battling each other for the "honor."

That said, I know exactly why Cal kept them in. He's playing the long game. He knows, based on talent, that those guys have the best potential of being his crunch-time line-up in March, so he needs them to experience some crunch-time situations in November to get prepared.

So many of the mistakes tonight were correctable. Lazy handle/passes. Non-existent defense at the 3pt line.

Also, from my couch, it looks like Cal has installed no offense whatsoever. It's the same basic structure on every play, and the guys are flailing around. I don't see any dribble-drive or motion. It's just high-post pass, wing pass, dump down to the post. Every play. The offense looks all clogged up. There's no space for anyone to move around... and so no one moves around. One has to hope that this will get better (and I think it will).

Overall, this is much better than the 17-pt beat-down that I expected. I'm proud of our effort, and I think there is a lot of good to take away from this loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Here's my dilemma. I didn't think Kansas was that good either. (Of course, everything is always relative, I know).

Proud of Kentucky. But I'd be careful before reading too much into it. JMO.
    Oh yeah I agree Kansas is bad they aren’t a contender at all
    Go Cats!

I don't see a Final Four as being in the cards. "Not a championship contender" Bilas just said..and I agree with him on that one point.

This is the least talented team Cal has had. So I will be realistic about this season. We MUST have Zion, etc.. and get most of these guys back. And I mean Knox, PJ, Gabriel, Richards, etc. Then we can contend next year.

But without more big time recruits we aren't there yet. This class was solid with role players and Knox who will be a star. But Cal requires multiple lottery picks to succeed on a high level.
    This reminds me of the Ulis/Murray led UK team without the shooting.
    Sweet Sixteen'ish potential, but not nearly there yet.

We are what the first three game results says we are.
    We have some heart though. We showed that tonight.
    Last edited by kingcat; 11-15-2017 at 01:32 AM.

Everyone says oh now cal doesn’t just roll the ball out there...but it never comes with an explanation as to what offense we are running. I mean there may be one runner or one cut but that’s it. It’s old school nba offense. Maybe kids see the warriors offense these days and want to learn something because that’s the direction things are going and they know cal just says get your shot? Maybe that’s why we don’t get many shooters and get athletes? I guess we had murray who ran some run screens but hell he was unreal. Obviously booker found shots but not like he is now. I’m not blaming cal but more trying to figure out our offense and thinkin it has more to do with his brand which may be dying a bit?
    Go Cats!

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    I don't see a Final Four as being in the cards. "Not a championship contender" Bilas just said..and I agree with him on that one point. This is the least talented team Cal has had.
    First year I’ve ever thought we have zero shot. We literally don’t have a top flight pro which is rare
    Go Cats!

First year Ive ever thought we have zero shot. We literally dont have a top flight pro which is rare
    Agreed.

Still, Im going to look on what MIGHT end up being the best part of this years team. We have only one guy that should go pro ( Knox). Everyone else should stay. Now, I know 2-3 will go and maybe even 4-5. However, no matter what, we will have more returning talent/experience next year than we have in years ( maybe ever ) under Cal. Plus, were not terrible. We will be able to win 25+ games I think. Not a bad foundation building year prior to what I hope will be a championship caliber year. If Zion comes, we will be fantastic next year.

A lot of teams have won titles without top flight pros. it helps, it's not a requirement.

I think we could struggle to finish top three or four in the SEC.

Just don't see the potential as in years past. I ask myself, where will the points we need come from? Outside shooting? Dominant interior scoring? Quickness driving to the basket?

Its just not there.
    Last edited by kingcat; 11-15-2017 at 01:41 AM.