Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re: We finally need a game thread!

Man, you guys are way too down on this team. They aren't dominant, but we're not nearly that bad off. They'll learn a lot between now and January.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

I'm not so down on them. They gave their all for the most part and that can be their "center" maybe.

Theres just nothing that separates us from twenty five or thirty other teams outside the top five or six contenders. And by nothing I mean variables like great shooting, dominant inside scoring, speed and quickness, etc...
    A great player can carry you on his back but that is a rare thing and usually comes from an experienced leader.

But I hope you are right and I am wrong, and Ill be right there all the way to the end.
    Last edited by kingcat; 11-15-2017 at 01:52 AM.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes." Jack Handey ,

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Man, you guys are way too down on this team. They aren't dominant, but we're not nearly that bad off. They'll learn a lot between now and January.
    I feel oddly disengaged from this group. I've heard others in the past few seasons say they just don't follow as closely as they used to because the OAD era has changed their relationship with the team. I didn't feel that way myself, but maybe I'm finally feeling that.

My expectations are as low as they've been in the Cal Era for a team at this point in the season, so I'm not really sure how to take all this. We didn't lose as badly as we could have--yay? We almost beat what I believe will end up being a good-but-not-great KU team--good?

Every season it's a race against time to see if they can develop enough experience and wisdom to go along with their talent and contend for a title. With this group it seems even more so because they have record inexperience and no one dominating elite player. So I feel like where we are is so far removed from where we hope they'll be that I can't really even engage right now. I'm not down on them--I'm not really anything about them. It's the weirdest feeling I remember having as a UK fan.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 11-15-2017 at 02:10 AM.
    All I did was stand up to a long laundry list of people who passed away today who couldn't stand up because what was done was wrong.--RP, 8/26/09

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    I feel oddly disengaged from this group. I've heard others in the past few seasons say they just don't follow as closely as they used to because the OAD era has changed their relationship with the team. I didn't feel that way myself, but maybe I'm finally feeling that.

My expectations are as low as they've been in the Cal Era for a team at this point in the season, so I'm not really sure how to take all this. We didn't lose as badly as we could have--yay? We almost beat what I believe will end up being a good-but-not-great KU team--good?

Every season it's a race against time to see if they can develop enough experience and wisdom to go along with their talent and contend for a title. With this group it seems even more so because they have record inexperience and no one dominating elite player. So I feel like where we are is so far removed from where we hope they'll be that I can't really even engage right now. I'm not down on them--I'm not really anything about them. It's the weirdest feeling I remember having as a UK fan.
    Glad we efforted well, but not sure we can do much either. Duke looks like they may have a chance to repeat after this year.

When a team plays with heart, they can do great things, even though they may not be the most talented team ever (remember Pitino's first UK team) and I saw a team that for the most part played with a lot of heart last night. I saw 3 glaring problems and 2 of them can be fixed. 1. They have no idea what to do yet to get a high percentage shot in the half court set. 2. They are a really bad at defending the 3 and #3, they for the most part lack quickness. 1 and 2 can be fixed and I think will be with experience, but the lack of quickness is harder to overcome. It really bites them on defense at times and the only thing I can think of that will help is to learn better positioning and better help defense.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    A lot of teams have won titles without top flight pros. it helps, it's not a requirement.
    I like my chances with a complete team. Meaning they have have it all covered but not necessarily pros. A complete team of pros looks like 2012 and 2015.