Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Question/help - adapter for Ireland?

Last year my daughter went to Greece and had an adapter, but not a voltage converter, for her iPhone charger.

This is what she had.

European Adapter Plug, OREI Travel Adaptor for Europe Schuko Countries 2 in 1, for Germany France Iceland Netherlands Russa Greece Spain - Safe Grounded Connection - Universal Socket - 4 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008JCVF0U..._OM4dEb06QCCTF

She said everything worked fine, but they're 230 volt and we're 110, I guess... Was she just lucky or is it OK to get an adapter and not a converter?

This is what I was looking at for Ireland.

UK, Hong Kong Travel Adapter Plug, OREI Adaptor 2 in 1, For Botswana, England, UAE, Dubai - Safe Grounded Connection - Universal Socket - 4 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008JCVGYU..._YO4dEbSSPXDH0

Is that ok, or do I need to look for something else?

Re: Question/help - adapter for Ireland?

So Darrell, it's my understanding from my research and very limited overseas travel that you don't need a voltage converter for an iPhone. You do for other larger appliances and things like hair dryers and curling irons. (For example, DW bought a dual-voltage curling iron before we went on a Rhine river cruise in 2017. It works on both US voltage and Europe).

So you just need to have the right plug adapter for Ireland, and a universal adapter like the one you linked should work fine.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Ya'll remember the massive blackout in Paris in the summer of 69? Yup that was my fault. My hair dryer did not have anything other than a plug and it would not fit their plug ins at the campground shower facilities. I made my own adapter and the 4th of July style fireworks at the campground that morning were remarkable. I am glad that my experimental knowledge of electricity told me to lay the hair dryer on the sink instead of holding it in my hand prior to inserting the "adapter"
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Lol Dan.

Thanks, BEvans. Appreciate the info.

She was lucky. We almost burned up an hair dryer in Rome with an adapter, not a converter. Started smoking etc.... We did use the adapters with our Iphones without issue but considering the cost of phone, spend the 40 bucks for a converter rather than 15 for the adaptor. The peace of mind is well worth it!!! We now have both (4 adapters and 2 converters).

we have this (or something close)
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I traveled around Europe in the mid seventies. We didn’t take anything that required being plugged in. 🤓

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire