Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

In 17 hours, Kentucky-Kansas line has moved from KU -2.5 to -4.5

That's a lot of money being wagered on the Jayhawks.

My usual caveat--it doesn't necessarily mean anything, it doesn't always mean anything, etc. ad nauseam. But the people who are betting sure see this game as a Kansas game and not a Kentucky one.

I found that line incredibly low at -2.5.

Unforgettable

Re: In 17 hours, Kentucky-Kansas line has moved from KU -2.5 to -4.5

I find it incredibly low at 4.5. I'll be happy if we get out losing by 15 or less.
    "Calipari’s Young Blue Machine marches on, slashing and burning and winning."
    - Bill Simmons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
    I find it incredibly low at 4.5. I'll be happy if we get out losing by 15 or less.
    That is about where I am too Tom. Just too young right now.

Peace

Richard (CW)

I agree. I believe we get a wood shed type beating and that's okay. This is a game to learn from.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
    I am with you Baker! Under Double digits, with this team at this stage of development and I am golden...

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    I am with you Baker! Under Double digits, with this team at this stage of development and I am golden...
    Exactly...

I don't see this game as a blowout, but it certainly isn't out of the possibility of it happening.

I look at it as a young team that's ready for a challenge. 2 years ago, people weren't really giving us much of a chance against Duke, but we pretty much had our way with them. Now, I'm not saying that we'll see a repeat outcome, but when you're looking at probable outcomes, I think an easier UK win is just about as probable as a KU blowout.

I think this is a 7-9 pt win for KU, with them controlling the game for most of it. A couple of runs by UK will make it competitive, but experience in the backcourt(combined with our inability to actually guard the perimeter) wins out.

If UK keeps this in single digits, it will be an overachievement. I just don't know who wants to guard on this UK team. They all play defense with ramrod-straight backs-- standing straight up, rather than in a stance. We have a team of Jamal Murrays-- remember that feeling when watching Skal, Murray, Poythress, and Lee that not a single one of them could be counted on to get a stop in a pressure situation? Same thing for me with this year's team.

Super Kitten

I am the opposite. I have the gut feel we are going to win the game. No real logic just a gut feeling.

A UK win tonight would come as a complete and thrilling surprise. I don't see it happening.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

UK to win. We have the talent, and this is a challenge. We can step up or we can fold. I predict the former

I'm a unitasker living in a multitasker world

Keep under 20 and I'll be happy.

I will say I was confounded by the early line of 2.5. If we had fared better against our first two opponents I wouldn't be surprised by a 2-5 line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I think Cal and the team saved a little something for Kansas and I also see a line up on the floor a lot dont expect. I expect it to be Green, Knox, PJ, Gabriel, and Richards in a zone defensively
    Last edited by kingcat; 11-14-2017 at 06:17 PM.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes." — Jack Handey ,

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    I think Cal and the team saved a little something for Kansas and I also see a line up on the floor a lot dont expect. I expect it to be Green, Knox, PJ, Gabriel, and Richards in a zone defensively
    I see where you're going there, with the "big" lineup, but I have to disagree.

KU's strength is their guards, so we'll need either Hami or Shai out there a LOT tonight.

JMO.
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Keep under 20 and I'll be happy.

I will say I was confounded by the early line of 2.5. If we had fared better against our first two opponents I wouldn't be surprised by a 2-5 line.

Can you explain to me why Kansas is so better than UK today?

How 'bout, in a word, "Graham"?

Are we ready for him, not to mention Newman and about ten tons of bulk in the paint?
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
    Can you explain to me why Kansas is so better than UK today?
    I'm mostly concerned with our defense or lack there of. I will say I have not seen Kansas play, but with our early struggles on the perimeter and KU with a boatload of guards including Newman if they get hot, well, they could stretch it out quick. The other thing is once a guy gets beat off the dribble his first instinct is to grab, can't really afford to have two of Diallo, SGA, or Green in foul trouble. Same as two of the three of Richards, Knox, Washington.... but we'd obviously better handle the bigs in foul trouble than the back court guys.

Azibuke (sp) will be a load down low, like Cal said this might be a good time to see how Tai can bang in the paint.

I would have felt better had we been able to sustain our leads in our first two. Granted, Vermont was no slouch but it's how we let them back in that was concerning.

Hope I'm wrong and the youngsters embrace and excel on the big stage rather than tighten up.

Talk me off the ledge.

Go Cats!!!

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Hami or Shai will get their minutes. But When they are being rested I think we will go very big. Those two have not been a dynamos defensively

Despite the prevailing attitude, I think well find that the real test for these two teams will be inside the paint with Azibuike, Preston and a couple of 6'9" kids presenting an even bigger inside presence than the Cats can muster.

That's how Self will initially attack us imo. He will try to take our bigs out of the game early and then take our guards off the dribble.
    Last edited by kingcat; 11-14-2017 at 07:24 PM.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes." — Jack Handey ,