Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

UK drops two spots in the A.P.

Out of the top five and behind Nova (5th) Wichita St (6th) at #7.
    If we had lost we would be dropped to division two.

Seriously, at this rate a bad loss to KU will knock us permanently from the top 25 for the rest of the year
    Last edited by kingcat; 11-13-2017 at 07:43 PM.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes." ó Jack Handey ,

Re: UK drops two spots in the A.P.

What a joke!

So beat Kansas and show 'em a thing or two.

Two slots doesn't matter that much at this time of year.

The cool thing is that, JMO, BOTH Vermont and Utah Valley will be in the Tournament, come March, making those wins matter more than the lazy poll voters can imagine right now.
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

How funny, I've always joked how stupid it is that they don't drop teams unless they lose them we drop the first week...he'll what did they expect a bunch of freshmen to look like. Everyone truly hates U.K. Don't they?
    Go Cats!

Meh. We were too high to begin. I call that an adjustment.

If the poll is meant to be where you are right now, we're still too high. If it's meant to predict where you are at the end of the season, maybe another matter altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Padukacat View Post
    How funny, I've always joked how stupid it is that they don't drop teams unless they lose them we drop the first week...he'll what did they expect a bunch of freshmen to look like. Everyone truly hates U.K. Don't they?
    This. I have no problem doing the poll that way, it's the right way, but this is the first time I can ever recall them actually doing it.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    This. I have no problem doing the poll that way, it's the right way, but this is the first time I can ever recall them actually doing it.
    And dukies would most likely move up when they lose... World is so unfair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Moving down is probably accurate. UK didnt play well, or at least how most expexted vs UVU so basing a ranking on how they actually played seems fair

I'm a unitasker living in a multitasker world

Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    So beat Kansas and show 'em a thing or two.

Two slots doesn't matter that much at this time of year.

The cool thing is that, JMO, BOTH Vermont and Utahr Valley will be in the Tournament, come March, making those wins matter more than the lazy poll voters can imagine right now.
    Exactly and that is an SOS and rpi booster of much greater value than beating the snot out of Elam

I'm a unitasker living in a multitasker world

Blog Entries

We were too high to start, and I don't really care about basketball polls, anyway. But I kept reading pundits saying that Vermont is a really good team. So a young,inexperienced UK team beats this very good Vermont team & drops 2 slots? Not hard to see why BBN develops a paranoid streak.
    All I did was stand up to a long laundry list of people who passed away today who couldn't stand up because what was done was wrong.--RP, 8/26/09

Drop very far in the polls and we’ll learn again how hard it is for U.K. to climb back up. Especially with the SEC wars ahead

We must maintain the top ten out of conference or we could find ourselves fighting for a workable seed in the post season

Tomorrow night will decide that I imagine. We need a very good showing
    Last edited by kingcat; 11-14-2017 at 02:37 AM.

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes." ó Jack Handey ,

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Drop very far in the polls and we’ll learn again how hard it is for U.K. to climb back up. Especially with the SEC wars ahead

We must maintain the top ten out of conference or we could find ourselves fighting for a workable seed in the post season

Tomorrow night will decide that I imagine. We need a very good showing
    I recall a season not too long ago where we'd had some losses early on and the pollsters were reluctant to move us up in the rankings which cost us a better seed. I don't put anything past the powers that be keeping us from having success.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

I don't put anything past anyone. But I find it hard to argue with a # 7 ranking right now. I have Kentucky around # 15 myself. I think that's on us more than it's on them. We're just not that good. I think Kingcat made an argument the other day that there wasn't that much difference between # 15 and # 25, and made a case for Kentucky being # 25. Not unreasonable, IMHO.

Having said that, no question that it hurts. Makes it tough to climb back up if we drop to where I think we should be, and it affects seeding. No question.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    We were too high to start, and I don't really care about basketball polls, anyway. But I kept reading pundits saying that Vermont is a really good team. So a young,inexperienced UK team beats this very good Vermont team & drops 2 slots? Not hard to see why BBN develops a paranoid streak.
    If Duke and UK had just completely reversed they'd all be talking about how competitive K has such a young team, how big an accomplishment it was to beat a team with such experience that is a near lock for the NCAA tourney in just their first week. ESPN would do a documentary on how well K works with young teams, and there may be a parade.

Cal does it and doesn't win by 40 and we drop in the polls and aren't as good as everyone thought.

It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you. Then it's just good situational awareness.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

Someone go back and find me a top ten team that has dropped in the polls in Week one after beating a really good team, that has to be totally unheard of if not a first! I’ve never seen that happen, which is the point of being disgusted by this. Now are we a 5, no we’re prob not a 7 at this point but you can’t tell me the teams that jumped us proved they are that much better in one game, total bs boys
    Go Cats!

Super Kitten

Folks, UK humiliated Kansas a few years ago. This may be an ugly payback by Kansas. I believe we will get better but the road will be bumpy. There are many teams we will play with a CHIP on the shoulder. Don’t expect mercy from any team UK plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward100 View Post
    Folks, UK humiliated Kansas a few years ago. This may be an ugly payback by Kansas. I believe we will get better but the road will be bumpy. There are many teams we will play with a CHIP on the shoulder. Donít expect mercy from any team UK plays.
    150-95 is the one I remember.