Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Charlie Rose!

Fab Five

Charlie Rose!

Harvey Weinstein, Al Franken, Bill Clinton, Anthony Weiner. next! I probably should add Hillary to the list. She may have abused Uma.
    Real Fan since 1958

Re: Charlie Rose!

I keep checking to make sure I haven't been accused. I feel like the last man left who isn't given this deluge.

I don't doubt it, people in power tend to take advantage of their power, but boy the damn broke open on this topic with the Weinstein stuff.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Fab Five

It is a new day for sure. Eventually they will determine 95 % of hetero men have done something to offend a woman in some way shape or form. I’m not sure I know the rules anymore. It appears any lewd conduct anywhere will get a complaint filed. But Ol Charlie was way over the line. Maybe Bill Clinton will stop getting a free pass for his conduct. But it seems some of the many complaints are watering down and taking attention away from the more serious crimes. Maybe that is the intent.
    Real Fan since 1958

Rupp's Runt

Ahhhhhh.........the old sacrificial lamb theory........give them a little bad guy to keep the heat off of the real culprit. Which seems to have worked really well for 'Ol William Jefferson Clinton when his witch of a wife was his Chief Headhunter. But now that her nasty behind is under federal investigation for all of her many criminal activities, she has to choose whose behind she is going to give up, and I'll bet you she's not giving herself up.
    Anybody here want to take that bet?

Fab Five

My problem with this is the publicity is all about political dirty tricks. I am sure many of these women coming forward who are victimized by celebrities and politicians are getting under the table money from political operatives. It's not real everyday women, in the workplace, who have been victimized.Most of these still fear losing their jobs if they say anything. Most can't afford to take a chance of filing a complaint.
    Real Fan since 1958

But the hits just keep on coming...

https://www.buzzfeed.com/paulmcleod/...OM#.vkNW0AqQMd

Michigan Rep. John Conyers, a Democrat and the longest-serving member of the House of Representatives, settled a wrongful dismissal complaint in 2015 with a former employee who alleged she was fired because she would not “succumb to [his] sexual advances.”
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

I abused myself when I was in middle school. Does that count?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I abused myself when I was in middle school. Does that count?
    Abuser!
    I knew you were into M&M's.....😉

Fab Five

One thing this Rose scandal exposes is not only the media liberal bias, but how in bred all of the NY media types are. Charlie’s live in, a wealthy socialite, works for a Bloomberg company, and was married to a Vanderbilt decendent. Anderson Cooper, as we all know is the son of Gloria Vanderbilt. The issue in this country is not that the wealthy pay no taxes, the wealthy control the Eastern media. And in watching the slobber fest on CBS this morning it was easy to see what an in bred organization that crowd really is. There is no chance for diversity of opinion in the media. The only network that has people from Kansas, Alabama or Arkansas, is Fox.
    Real Fan since 1958

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

I think the rules are simple. Don’t date children. Don’t be in a position to check the age of consent laws. Don’t use interns or subordinates as a dating pool

If the woman has not said I love you, don’t be nude or masturbate in her presence. Unless she is already nude and masturbating as well.

Generally I don’t think women really want to see male frontal nudity.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    I think the rules are simple. Don’t date children. Don’t be in a position to check the age of consent laws. Don’t use interns or subordinates as a dating pool

If the woman has not said I love you, don’t be nude or masturbate in her presence. Unless she is already nude and masturbating as well.

Generally I don’t think women really want to see male frontal nudity.
    I don't think women want to see that even when they do love you, lol.

There are times men are fooled. Traci Lords fooled an entire industry. But those are rare exceptions.

There are also false accusers out there. Rolling Stone arguably ruined their magazine over one, but again while they exist and the law and investigation should run its course, it's pretty clear guys like Weinstein are just pigs and criminals.

I'm more concerned about the rush to judgment in the non-public, low profile cases like on college campuses. While abuse and outright rape goes underreported there, we also see a larger number of false accusations as well. But in these high profile cases where multiple women come forward it's clearly something where serious investigation must be done.

Apparently Congress has had so many issues with it they set up a fund just to pay people hush money. Glad we paid for that program.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

It seems to me that what drives those in power in these situations is not the sex itself but rather the ability to wield that power. There's no shortage of the willing, is there?
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.