Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Eureka! A discovery I made today

So I just discovered something. My wife dropped her Yeti (ok, RTIC) 20-oz tumbler, and the lid chipped. It's still working, but it's chipped. She's cheaper than I am--by far.

So I went to Walmart to see if they had a 20 oz lid in stock to replace it. They didn't. But I was looking around and saw a 10 oz tumbler. You know, their Ozark trail version, knock-off Yeti brand that works great. I have a 20 oz and a 30 oz version myself for my backups. Have those freakin' things all over the place--my office, my car, and home. But I digress.

The opening looked similar. Sure enough, I swapped the lid with 20 oz tumblers they had on the shelf, and they were perfect fits for each other, as I suspected.

An opportunity presented itself.

The 10 oz tumbler--the Ozark brand--was $5. I bought it, and here's why.

I bought it to use as a coffee cup. It's perfect. I hate drinking coffee with lids on them. I'll keep a lid on if I'm in the car, to keep from spilling it in the car, but I hate the inability to control the flow of coffee. I hate that sudden rush through the small opening. I like to drink coffee out of something "regular."

Enter the tumbler.

Remove the lid--bingo, she has a replacement lid for her 20 oz tumbler. I'll take hers, just in case I am going to take coffee to go, to keep it hot and to keep from spilling in the car.

But in the meantime, I have a perfect coffee container. I mean, perfect. I've had a cup of coffee in it for 25 minutes now, and it's still drinkable hot. Plus there's an added bonus. The outside of the "cup" is room temperature. The temperature does not leak through like it does with every other coffee cup on the planet.

Now, this does not substitute for my Contigo coffee mug, which holds more than 10 oz, but this is my every day drinking mug now. It will replace my "regular" coffee cups.

All for $5.

Eureka!

(No, I am not standing naked in my office as I yell that. Just wanted to be clear.)

Re: Eureka! A discovery I made today

changing my signature to change our luck.

I really like the Ozark Trail tumblers. I have the 20 oz and 30 oz sizes, the 10 oz size would be really handy. I have a Keurig at school, and the 20 oz tumbler is too tall for it.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    I really like the Ozark Trail tumblers. I have the 20 oz and 30 oz sizes, the 10 oz size would be really handy. I have a Keurig at school, and the 20 oz tumbler is too tall for it.
    Keith, I do, too. I now have a 10 oz, 20 oz and 30 oz Ozark Trail tumbler. Kids bought my a 30 oz Yeti for Father's Day a couple of year's ago which I keep at home, but the rest are the ones I use for work and car.

The 10 oz one is pretty great so far. I am using it a lot with my coffee, just as you have, with a Keurig. I'm so glad I thought about coffee when I saw it.

I love the Keurig but ours has developed the habit of turning itself off if its unused for awhile. So when I get up in the morning I have to turn it on and wait for about a minute for it to heat up. I keep meaning to put it on a timer but it hasn't made it off my do to list. It works fine otherwise and holds a liter and a half of water.
    changing my signature to change our luck.