Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Point spreads week 10

Vandy -11.5 at home against WKU...UK’s next opponent gets a breather at home before preparing for the Wildcats next week. Trap game? On paper the Hilltoppers look better stat-wise but they haven’t played the two best teams in the country like Vandy. It’s fairly close but the Commodores closes out their non-conference slate at 4-0 with a 6 point win.

Miss. St. -34.5 at home vs. UMass...the Cowringer fans are peeved that the AP voters continue to insist that LSU be ranked in front of them. They’re also busy trying to pretend that Starkville is a better town than Gainesville, Florida. Bulldogs by 35.

Missouri -1.5 at home vs. Florida...my how the mighty have fallen. UF is the underdog to a 3-5 Missouri team. If Mizzou wants to get to a bowl game they need to win this week and next at home vs. UT and then beat either Vandy or Arkansas on the road. Tigers in a squeaker.

Auburn -14.5 at Texas A&M...that’s a big line considering the game is at Kyle Field, especially when one considers that WDE is 1-2 on the road this year. Tigers by 7.

Georgia -23.5 at home vs. South Carolina...the Gamecocks usually give Georgia a tough game—in Columbia. This one’s in Athens and the Bulldogs get to start proving they really are #1. Bulldogs by 28.

Arkansas -23.5 at home vs. Coastal Carolina...The Razorbacks get a week to feel good about themselves before having their bowl hopes smashed against LSU and MSU. The Chanticleers (for some reason that always makes me think of Foghorn Leghorn) are 1-7 in the Sunbelt in their first year in the big leagues. Razorbacks by 28.

Tennessee -7 at home vs. Southern Miss...the Vawls get a chance to further seal Butch Jones’ fate today with the Eagles of USM coming to town, although It might not feel like much of a home game with Neyland Stadium half empty. UT’s anemic offense might get them in trouble today unless Southern Miss turns the ball over like UK did last week. UT by 2.

Alabama -21 at home vs. LSU...must see tv just to see Saban coach circles around Orgeron. Saban might also be a little miffed that Georgia is ranked ahead of them in the initial CFP rankings. This LSU team has somewhat righted itself but there’s no real reason to expect this game to be close. Bama by 24.

Kentucky -3.5 at home vs. Ole Miss...the Wildcats haven’t been flashy and they haven’t impressed the pollsters but they win the games they’re supposed to and they’re supposed to win today. I stated elsewhere earlier this week that I think UK is actually about 12 or 13 points better than the Black Rebels, er, Landbears...Grovesharks, whatever they’re calling themselves this week (bet it’s not Black Rebels though lol). True to our playing it close to the vest however, I expect us to win but by something less than that. Wildcats by 10.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Re: Point spreads week 10

Vandy ended up favored over WKU in Nashville by 12 1/2 and won by 14, their first win against the spread since week 3 of the season.

Mississippi State -34 1/2 at home vs. UMass; won by only 11. It was their first game this season decided by fewer than 21 points, win or lose.

Missouri was a 1 1/2 point favorite at home vs. Florida and walloped the Randy Shannon led Gators by 29. It was their 5th win in a row against the spread since starting 0-4.

Auburn was favored over Texas A&M by 15 and pushed with a 15 point win. They’re only 3-5-1 ats but are 7-2 overall, 5-1 in the SEC.

Georgia closed favored by 23.5 at home vs. South Carolina and won but failed to cover, winning by 14. UGa is 4-0 ats on the road and only 2-3 at home but remain undefeated.

Arkansas was favored at home over Coastal Carolina by 24 1/2 and managed to win by 1 after trailing by 13 in the fourth quarter. The Hogs are 2-7 ats this season; 4-5 overall.

Tennessee was favored over Southern Miss at home by 7 and doubled that with a 14 point win. They’ve covered the spread three times this season, against UF, UK, and USM.

Alabama was -20 1/2 vs. LSU in Tuscaloosa and won by 14. The Tide is 4-5 ats but hasn’t been in danger of losing yet this season.

Kentucky ended up favored over Ole Miss at home by 3 1/2 and lost by 3. UK is 2-7 against the spread this season and anyone that would bet on them should have their head examined. The record ats is possibly part of the reason why Vandy is favored this week by 2.5 (and it’s in Nashville) but Vandy is only 3-5-1 ats themselves.

Thought this was interesting....these are the SEC teams’ records overall, in the SEC, and against the spread. Oddly enough, if you add up the wins (and give a half point for each push), you get a fairly accurate ranking imo with the possible exception of South Carolina maybe being a tad high (last number is the combined total):

Georgia...9-0, 6-0, 6-3 (21)
    Alabama...9-0, 6-0, 4-5 (19)
    South Carolina...6-3, 4-3, 6-2-1 (16.5)
    Miss. State...7-2, 3-2, 6-3 (16)
    Auburn...7-2, 5-1, 3-5-1 (15.5)
    LSU...6-3, 3-2, 4-5 (13)
    Texas A&M...5-4, 3-3, 4-3-2 (13)
    Kentucky...6-3, 3-3, 2-7 (11)
    Missouri...4-5, 1-4, 5-4 (10)
    Ole Miss...4-5, 2-4, 3-6 (9)
    Florida...3-5, 3-4, 2-6 (8)
    Vanderbilt...4-5, 0-5, 3-5-1 (7.5)
    Tennessee...4-5, 0-5, 3-6 (7)
    Arkansas...4-5, 1-4, 2-7 (7)

That's pretty cool, Catfan73. And a decent case can be made for South Carolina coming on strong now, I think, even if a tad high.