Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Disney

Rupp's Runt

Disney

I know this has been discussed a few times so I will narrow the focus of this post.

We are going in February. I will have 3 1/2 year old and a 15 month old. Our plan is just to meet every princess we can at Magic Kingdom and Epcot. We will not go to the other parks this time and don't plan to do everything at both parks. We are keeping it simple for our "first time".

What do I need to pay for in advance?
    *tickets for 2 days
    *the photo memory maker deal

We are not staying at a Disney resort so supposedly I can't do a meal plan. I didn't see an option for the Fast Pass but maybe I didn't go far enough?

Anything else?

Re: Disney

--Meal plan: The Disney Dining Plan is only for onsite guests, so you're right about not being able to do that if you're staying onsite.

However, you can book your reservations now for any table service restaurants where you want to eat.* And if you want to eat at a table service place, I recommend making reservations, and doing so sooner rather than later. Some restaurants (e.g. Be Our Guest in the Magic Kingdom) are very popular and reservations book quickly. Here's the link to book reservations:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...tions-accepted

(Just remember that if you decide you're not going to eat at that restaurant, you have to cancel within 1 day or they charge a $10 free/person in your party.)

--FastPass+: If you're staying offsite you can book your FP+ within 30 days of the day you'll be at that park. You can do that online through the WDW website or your mobile device. First you have to set up a My Disney Experience account and then enter your party's tickets so you can manage all FPs for your party. You can also wait until the day of your visit and book FP+ in the park at a kiosk, but availability is likely to be very limited if you go that route. More here:

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/fastpass

Have fun! February can be a great time to visit--good combination of weather and relatively low crowds (with the exception of Presidents Day weekend, which can be crowded).

*--Disney breaks their restaurants down generally into "quick service" (think fast food) and "table service" (think sit-down) restaurants.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 11-03-2017 at 12:26 PM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    --Meal plan: The Disney Dining Plan is only for onsite guests, so you're right about not being able to do that if you're staying onsite.

However, you can book your reservations now for any table service restaurants where you want to eat.* And if you want to eat at a table service place, I recommend making reservations, and doing so sooner rather than later. Some restaurants (e.g. Be Our Guest in the Magic Kingdom) are very popular and reservations book quickly. Here's the link to book reservations:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...tions-accepted

(Just remember that if you decide you're not going to eat at that restaurant, you have to cancel within 1 day or they charge a $10 free/person in your party.)

--FastPass+: If you're staying offsite you can book your FP+ within 30 days of the day you'll be at that park. You can do that online through the WDW website or your mobile device. First you have to set up a My Disney Experience account and then enter your party's tickets so you can manage all FPs for your party. You can also wait until the day of your visit and book FP+ in the park at a kiosk, but availability is likely to be very limited if you go that route. More here:

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/fastpass

Have fun! February can be a great time to visit--good combination of weather and relatively low crowds (with the exception of Presidents Day weekend, which can be crowded).

*--Disney breaks their restaurants down generally into "quick service" (think fast food) and "table service" (think sit-down) restaurants.

Thanks, good to know about the restaurants and reservations. The quick service is probably best for our kids at their age. I know we can eat with the princesses so I probably need to reserve those locations. (headache just thinking about that)

^Best place to eat with the princesses where you're going to be will be in Epcot, at the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in the Norway Pavilion. Pre-park-opening breakfasts are in high demand because you can eat there and then get in line for the new Frozen attraction, which is right next to it. So if you can get that, great, but they also do breakfast, lunch & dinner there from opening to close, and I hear they have good princess interaction.

If you can't get a reservation there (or other places you're considering), touringplans.com has a reservation finder (account required) that will alert you when they find a reservation you're looking for:

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney...rvation-finder

But there are other princesses visits you can do throughout the parks, too, without the meal cost.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 11-03-2017 at 01:25 PM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Unforgettable

We did every princess lunch and breakfast I think 3 years ago with our daughters family

The young lady's did an excellent job but they fill up fast

Pretty interesting about each princess, there can only be one of each princess on site at a time so the kids don't accidentally see two different in the same park. They go thru a ton of training learning to talk exactly right and sounding like each girl that plays the same princess

Do the fast pass, find out when each princess will be at a meal and who you want to see and plan for it

At the age of your children you may enjoy more than them

Unforgettable

My favorite pace to eat and was easy to get in was just inside the gate at Magic Kingdom on the right side, it's Italian but can't remember the name. Was actually good

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    At the age of your children you may enjoy more than them
    My 3 year old will be ecstatic. Ally won't care at all lol

We know they are too young really but it will be worth seeing Emily get excited. We are not going to tell her until we get there. This is a trial run so we will know more next time.

Fast pass, down load the disney app from google playstore. Set up account and you can fast pass on your phone. Also get tickets, wait times, characters, maps, etc....

One of the best missed / hidden attractions is Enchanted Tales with Belle. Is a story time with Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Is in Magic Kingdom, back by the Seven Dwarfs ride in fantasy land. Highly recommend for kids.

Can get reservatiom crystal palace character breakfast. Get the EARLIEST you can as that gets you in the park before the crowd. Also, the dinner in Cinderella castle is specoal. We have done it. Not a great meal etc but for a special event, worth it
    Last edited by Doc; 11-04-2017 at 10:16 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.