Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Stranger Things

Stranger Things

New season started and available now to watch on Netflix

Bombino

Re: Stranger Things

Was released last night at midnight, gonna get some beers and bourbon. My girl has already baked some stuff (baking is her favorite hobby) and we plan to sit down and binge watch/drink/eat through this season. Should be a very fun weekend.

Took me a moment to remember the show, but I do now. Good show, will be looking forward to watching it this season. Very cool kind of premise.

Slight local interest of note. Marcelle Leblanc is a young lady who shares the same voice teacher as my daughter. She appears this season in Episode 9 as "cute girl."

I rewatched season one on Thursday and Friday.... then started season 2 today. Am 3 episodes in. Season two is far better than the first one in my opinion.

I'd add that rewatching it is far more enjoyable as the second time makes much more sense.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Interesting. I may skim through the first season to refresh my memory too.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

OK, so I binged it....watched season one and just finished season two. You will not be disapponted. Typically I find season two and sequels to be just a rip off to make more money off the original idea. Not the case here. Season two surpasses one by far. That doesn't mean skip one and just watch two because you need season one to set up two, but two is real real good. Only one episode that was a waste and should have been totallly left out (The Lost Sister). It was cool to see both Leonardo Dicaprio and Rob Lowe in it (J/K but the actors are uncanny likenesses).
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I think season 1 did everything it needed to in order to set up season 2.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    OK, so I binged it....watched season one and just finished season two. You will not be disapponted. Typically I find season two and sequels to be just a rip off to make more money off the original idea. Not the case here. Season two surpasses one by far. That doesn't mean skip one and just watch two because you need season one to set up two, but two is real real good. Only one episode that was a waste and should have been totallly left out (The Lost Sister). It was cool to see both Leonardo Dicaprio and Rob Lowe in it (J/K but the actors are uncanny likenesses).
    Completely agree, Season 2 is just as good, if not better than, season 1. They are doing a much better job at fleshing out the characters, a la Stephen King. Giving them back stories, giving them extra details, etc.

Agreed about that episode, it felt out of place. My only guess is that it will become relevant in a future season, otherwise it was a story which they didn't have time to develop as much as they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    Completely agree, Season 2 is just as good, if not better than, season 1. They are doing a much better job at fleshing out the characters, a la Stephen King. Giving them back stories, giving them extra details, etc.

Agreed about that episode, it felt out of place. My only guess is that it will become relevant in a future season, otherwise it was a story which they didn't have time to develop as much as they wanted.
    It could become relevant in season 3...who knows as there could be a 007 and his name be James, and he was raise by the Bond family (LOL).