Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Ole Miss QB Shea Patterson tears PCL, will miss remainder of the season

Hate it for him. Good player; really good QB.

Re: Ole Miss QB Shea Patterson tears PCL, will miss remainder of the season

Sucks for him

I'm a unitasker living in a multitasker world

Terrible situation. Hate it for him - now two partial seasons. We’ve been hearing how great Jordan Ta’amu is, so we’ll see just how good he is. He was 7 for 11 last night with 78 yards.

Saturday was a tough day for this Kentucky and Ole Miss football fan. Hoping for better things to come.

Man, truest test ever for the curse of the backup QB. I decided after the Florida game I was just going to leave or quit watching any game in which we knocked the starting QB out. (See Bridgewater in Joker’s 2nd year, Bolin in 2014 and Lamar in 2015 for UofL, Luke Del Rio this year for Florida).

Question is, do backup QB’s who becomes starters BEFORE the game light us up too? I hope not.

IIRC, you can add Matt Stafford to that list. Seems like it happened with South Carolina way back when, though I forget the name. I know there are more.

"Practically, it was more like a Roman army decimation -- a brutally harsh punishment levied by a ruthless hegemon, an act with a message: Don't mess with us.”

- Eamonn Brennan, ESPN

My worst backup QB nightmare is actually from the NFL. In 1992, the Bengals knocked Don Majkowski out of a game in Green Bay and looked to be close to a 3-0 season start under Dave Shula.

Unfortunately, the Packets’ backup came in and led them to victory and the Bungles’ season went downhill. That backup was a guy named Brett Favre.

I think the next year UK. had Terry Dean replaced by Florida - by a guy named Danny Wuerffel.

Ugggh.

Fiddlin' Five

Who was that kid from Florida that scored 6 TD'S against us in Gainesville just a few years back recently? Was it Brandon Powell? Kid didn't do much of anything before playing us, or after playing us, but of course against us he had the best game in his entire career.

Trey Burton?

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Trey Burton?
    You are correct. Not sure if he had that many TDs the rest of his Gator career.

Fiddlin' Five

Yeah, it was Trey Burton, now that you've jogged my memory. And IIRC, he did score 5 or 6 TD's that day. Our defense made him look like an All-American. Or it was just that bad. Another present from Joker Phillips.
    Thanks, Mitch!

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Yeah, it was Trey Burton, now that you've jogged my memory. And IIRC, he did score 5 or 6 TD's that day. Our defense made him look like an All-American. Or it was just that bad. Another present from Joker Phillips.
    Thanks, Mitch!
    That’s about like Stoops not preparing for Louisville’s back up QB 2 years ago. You know! Lamar Whatshisname.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    Thanks, Mitch!
    In fairness, Trey Burton *is* really good. He's a fourth year NFL vet, tight end for the Philadelphia Eagles currently. Scored 20 touchdowns for the Gators, albeit 6 of them in one game....uggh...against the Kentucky Wildcats.

Don't forget Chris Leak and Tim what's his name.
    Don't panic

i am sure that the UK staff does not know that Ta'amu is a dual threat QB, so they will not spend any practice time learning to contain him. He may throw for 3oo yards and run for 15o on Saturday.

seeya
    dan

“I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.” Hunter S Thompson