Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

View Poll Results: Will I/have I receive(d) a flu shot this year?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, not getting one

4 28.57%
  • Yes I have (or I will get one)

10 71.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did you get a flu shot this year?

Quick poll. Do this every year, sometimes there's a discussion, sometimes not.

Re: Did you get a flu shot this year?

Yes.

In the past I never did, and never got the flu, but since my surgery doctors highly recommended I get one, so I will get one every year now.

Got mine yesterday. Didn't even bleed the needles are so small nowadays. I get one every year (they're free at work) and they've never made me sick.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Always. Our pharmacy students administer them at various times and locations across campus, so I am usually at one of those to get mine.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRdallen View Post
    Always. Our pharmacy students administer them at various times and locations across campus, so I am usually at one of those to get mine.
    When do you receive yours? When is it too early?

Get one every year since the stroke...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Getting mine this weekend. Got the flu in 2014 which turned into pneumonia, & that was such a painful experience I always get one now.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

No. I can't remember the last time I had the flu. It's been 11 years since I missed a day's work and that must have been from something I ate.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    When do you receive yours? When is it too early?
    Usually early October is when I get mine. Some folks get them as early as late August. It's hard to say, but that's bordering on too early possibly. Edit to add, there isn't enough data to say for certain, but some reports have suggested that they can wear off so too early may be an issue.

Rupp's Runt

Never had the flu. Never had the shot until I had kids. I will get the shot this year for my 3rd time.

I'll get it, need to do it next week. Been doing it ever year the last few years just to be safe.

I also drink more in the winter. Alcohol is a good sterilizing agent.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Not "yet"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by KSRdallen View Post
    Usually early October is when I get mine. Some folks get them as early as late August. It's hard to say, but that's bordering on too early possibly. Edit to add, there isn't enough data to say for certain, but some reports have suggested that they can wear off so too early may be an issue.
    I was under the understanding that the flu vacine lasts for several years but because the strains keep changing so we need to get each year. So as such, there is technically no such thing as too early as long as the flu strains covered are the ones for that year.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 10-22-2017 at 09:27 PM.

I get mine every year because my job requires it. I also make my family get them - and think that if you can get the flu shot you should. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
    I'm keeping Receipts!!

Yes, work provided so I got one.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

I usually get mine at the local Walgreens. I was in there on Friday and popped by the pharmacy counter to get one. The pharmacist ran my insurance card and informed me that my flu shot was only covered at my Dr's office.

I explained that I've always gotten the shot at Walgreens and that my insurance hasn't changed in years. The pharmacist reminded me in the past they had provided me with a no charge voucher because we're loyal customers at the pharmacy.

I asked if I was still eligible for a "good guy voucher" and he told me they won't have them for a couple of more weeks. So I either take the time to travel downtown to my Dr office, wait two weeks, or pony up the $30 bucks for the shot.

Haven't decided yet, but more than likely by the time I can take the time to go to my Dr office they'll have the vouchers at Walgreens. Or should I get one sooner and pony up the loot?

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Rupp's Runt

Still working face-to-face with the public, of course I come across all kinds of people, some of whom have God only knows what. So I get the flu shot every year, as it is offered by the county I work for free of charge. I can also get the flu shot at no charge from the VA as well, but I opt for getting the shot offered by the county because they actually come here to the Courthouse to administer the shots to the county employees here.

Bombino

I noticed that the CVS pharmacy at my local Target (can't figure that one out yet, guess Target sold or licensed their pharmacy?) was running a special offer. From what I could gather, it was free flu shot plus $5 target gift card back. I wasn't sure of the exact details as I didn't have time for a flu shot but it seems like they want to get people in there and using that pharmacy.

Rupp's Runt

Sounds like a good deal to me, Pedro. Must be an introductory offer, to entice folks to come in and shop.

My wife and I got our flu shots at Publix pharmacy. Was free and we got a $10 Publix Gift Card each.

My wife and I got our flu shots at Publix pharmacy. Was free and we got a $10 Publix Gift Card each.
    Wow... $80 value! That's almost worth driving to Birmingham, plus then I could take in Saw's.

Came down with TypeA flu yesterday. Started with a cough, today everything aches and head feels like “two balloons”.

My DR gave me prednisone, amoxicillin, Tamiflu, and cough syrup.... fever is hovering around 100.

Sorry, blueboss. Flu is a bear this year.

Fab Five

Sorry, blueboss. Flu is a bear this year.
    I elected not to get the shot this year for the first time in 11 years. i read several articles indicating you should take a break every 5 or 6 years. Have been pretty nervous ever since.
    Real Fan since 1958

Stinks. Wife had it, mother has had it, it's bad this year, and a bunch of other stuff going around too. I had some nasty head cold laid me up most of the week before last.

I got it, but this year it seems to be minimally effective, so it's been a bad year.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I survived the flu... but then it morphed into some type of bronchitis thing. Fever and aches and pains are gone, but now my sinuses are shut down and I’ve got the chest rattle.

Quick poll. Do this every year, sometimes there's a discussion, sometimes not.
    I have not gotten it in over 25 years. This year I got the flu B starting on the night of the National Championship game and it lasted for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I survived the flu... but then it morphed into some type of bronchitis thing. Fever and aches and pains are gone, but now my sinuses are shut down and I’ve got the chest rattle.

Happened to me in 2015. Went from flu to bronchitis to pneumonia and knocked me out of action for about 10 days. I decided after that I'd get a flu shot every year.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    I elected not to get the shot this year for the first time in 11 years. i read several articles indicating you should take a break every 5 or 6 years. Have been pretty nervous ever since.
    I have read the same. I'm usually skeptical on stuff like that, but that seems solid, *and* it makes sense. I still got the vaccine, but there's a lot of merit to skipping, based on that research.

Did I mention both Ms. boss and myself both got the shot.... I came down with type A, Ms. boss is still in the hospital with type B. Three days and counting, waiting on results from echo cardio testing. CAT came back negative... so that’s good.