Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

TENS unit purchased....

Was getting my flu shot at a local grocery store (that just really sounds wrong, doesn't it?) and saw a TENS unit there advertising relief from back pain.

Stupid me, didn't realize they made at home models. Got on Amazon, and they had a ton of them. Went to one of my favorite websites, The Wirecutter, and sure enough, they have reviewed them, and had a # 1 choice they preferred, which happened to be sold on Amazon for a very reasonable price.

At roughly the cost of one co-pay, and less than 1/2 the cost of my part of one of my MRI's, it seems a no-brainer to try.

Do these things really work? I am getting it for my shoulder(s), but I understand they are good to block nerve/pain messages from just about anything--back pain, knee pain, foot/ankle, shoulder, whatever.

Re: TENS unit purchased....

There's the one I purchased, for $39.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

24 modes, up to 20 hours of use on the rechargeable battery, and lifetime warranty.

I’ve used mine on my back to alleviate spasms.

Rupp's Runt

I just bought one of those Quell units to try earlier this week. Been having some minor issues with my knees & my back because of a pinched sciatic nerve.
    I have had several friends tell me that these units work pretty well, so I'm going to give it a chance.

Rupp's Runt

They are hit or miss. My wife once explained this to me once. I wish I was listening so I could explain it here lol But they can certainly help.

Thanks, Keith, suncat, and KentuckyWildcat. My administrative assistant has one, too, and she brought hers to work Thursday. I told her that she looked iike the Bionic Woman.

She wanted to know what that was.

I am old.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Thanks, Keith, suncat, and KentuckyWildcat. My administrative assistant has one, too, and she brought hers to work Thursday. I told her that she looked iike the Bionic Woman.

I am old.
    This made me laugh!
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post

I am old.
    Kids! What're ya gonna do with 'em?

Just tried it and it removed pain from my left shoulder I was experiencing. Weird.

It did not improve my range of motion, so I know it just did something weird with the nerve signals, but worth it if it just does that. Wow.

Well if nothing else this thread improved my mood by getting me to think about Lindsey Wagner. Loved her in the Bionic Woman of course, but she was also a recurring guest on Warehouse 13 when she was in her early 60s and was still just stunning, and charming as ever. I think it's her voice as much as her looks.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

I set mine up this morning, but I won't get to test it until tonight.
    With some of the stuff I have to wear for work, adding something else to the mix during business hours isn't practical for me.
    It was very easy to set up, and I did it manually because I am kind of technologically challenged with some of this stuff. And I am already not that fond of the little conductor strip that attaches to it, as it just seems to be a bit flimsy, but that's why you have to test it out to see how it's going to work.
    If it helps me, then mission accomplished.

Rupp's Runt

Okay,I applied it last night while I was cooking. One hour, then turned it off for an hour, then turned it on again for another hour, then turned it off for the night.
    Got up this morning and used it for an hour while getting ready for work and eating breakfast.
    I can tell you guys that while I do still have some minor pain, my pain level is not anywhere near what is has been.
    So, while it may be too early to definitively say that it is helping, it does seem to have helped me initially.

Great, suncat. It probably won't do anything more than temporary, but if you are like me, even a temporary relief from the pain is welcome.

I am just using mine for 20 minutes, and boom. Pain gone. Slept well last night. Haven't used it this morning, but may later.

One of my students last night told me her Dad used it for his lower back pain, and has used it for years. She says that he uses it at least 3x per week, but his pain comes and goes, so he just uses it when he wants to.

I am shocked on how small this unit is. It's smaller than an iPhone. Packs a punch, though.

Rupp's Runt

Temporary is better than not at all. And after all, if you think about it, medicine, or just about any other means of lessening or alleviating pain is temporary, depending on how it works for each individual. But if this does work for me as I think it may, then it is indeed a worthwhile investment.
    Yes, mine is small as well. And I like that it is portable.

Rupp's Runt

Just wanted to tell you guys here that this Quell unit is helping me immensely. Now, I'm not 100% pain free, but I can honestly say I'm in the 90-95% percentile. I'm taking way less OTC medications, and I mean WAY LESS, and I am really pleased about that as well. 😀

Terrific, Suncat. I'm having similar temporary relief. Really like it. Last night my shoulder was throbbing. Put it on for 30 minutes while I sat at the computer, forgot about it (did not crank it way up, just enough to cause involuntary muscle spasm whatever), and it ended. No pain afterward, slept good til 5 a.m. (Only 4½ hours of sleep, but that was my fault for going to bed that late. I probably could have gone to bed at 10:30 and slept that long.

Rupp's Runt

Yes Darrell, I am getting that same reaction too. I have been sleeping a lot better since I started using this device. Good for you, I am so glad it's working for you.