Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

Trae Young Says Schools Offered Him Money..Then Article Imples Cal Did Too

The way this reads it MAY be the author who is trying to imply Cal was offering extra incentives when it is clear what Cal meant:

http://www.lex18.com/story/36620071/...ut-recruitment

Darryl
    Last edited by Darryl; 10-17-2017 at 11:31 PM.

Re: Trae Young Says Schools Offered Him Money..Then Article Imples Cal Did Too

The ONE thing I have been worried about during all of this drama in college hoops was that a player, former or current, from an enemy program, would talk some straight up BULLSPIT, something that canNOT be remotely proven to be in any way accurate or true, and the already anti-UK sports media froths at the mouth and takes a BIG ol' bite... like a buncha bitches, literally.
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

No station in KY likes to stir [feces] more than Lex 18. The Lex 18 write up tries, in a nearly nonsensical way, to cut the Transcript article up in a way that makes it look like Young's dad directly accused Cal of offering a payout. If you read the actual article from the Norman paper, it doesn't really read that way (unless I missed something). The closest it gets to saying Cal did anything wrong is Young's dad saying "You think about the schools recruiting Trae...We know, if we would have asked, they would have taken care of us.Ē That's not even an accusation.

Further, I am not sure that I believe Cal owns a Ferrari, and I definitely don't believe he keeps one in Lexington.
    I wouldn't pull for UofL if they were playing the Taliban.

Quote Originally Posted by BarristerCat View Post
    No station in KY likes to stir [feces] more than Lex 18. The Lex 18 write up tries, in a nearly nonsensical way, to cut the Transcript article up in a way that makes it look like Young's dad directly accused Cal of offering a payout. If you read the actual article from the Norman paper, it doesn't really read that way (unless I missed something). The closest it gets to saying Cal did anything wrong is Young's dad saying "You think about the schools recruiting Trae...We know, if we would have asked, they would have taken care of us.” That's not even an accusation.

Further, I am not sure that I believe Cal owns a Ferrari, and I definitely don't believe he keeps one in Lexington.
    You didn't miss anything. Concocted smoke hoping to backdraft into fire.

Nary a smolder when it's all said and done.

But, yeah, trae sleazy.

I read the original article a few days ago, it inferentially connected the OK State assistant to the allegations.

This wouldn't be close to the first time WLEX went way out of their way to concoct a controversy. It's sad, and is extremely hypocritical given that every march they claim to be the big UK station to watch.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

So, what is it with the local media and UK sports?
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    So, what is it with the local media and UK sports?
    Most local media is OK, but the Herald, what's left of it, sees itself as UK's conscience in some way, and Lex18 would throw grandmas off of bridges to get ratings.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

What a piece of garbage article.

I read it and laughed, literally.

I'm a unitasker living in a multitasker world

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by BarristerCat View Post
    No station in KY likes to stir [feces] more than Lex 18. The Lex 18 write up tries, in a nearly nonsensical way, to cut the Transcript article up in a way that makes it look like Young's dad directly accused Cal of offering a payout. If you read the actual article from the Norman paper, it doesn't really read that way (unless I missed something). The closest it gets to saying Cal did anything wrong is Young's dad saying "You think about the schools recruiting Trae...We know, if we would have asked, they would have taken care of us.Ē That's not even an accusation.

You read the articles and came away with the understanding I had. Calís Ferrari is his offense. He has made that quote in public before. And Traeís dadís quote is almost what Cal said recently. What a bunch of hooey.
    Last edited by MickintheHam; 10-18-2017 at 03:58 AM.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Most local media is OK, but the Herald, what's left of it, sees itself as UK's conscience in some way, and Lex18 would throw grandmas off of bridges to get ratings.
    Quite the opposite of the Louisville media, who apparently were so in fear over Tom Jurich during his reign, they wouldn't have reported him if they saw him commit a murder.

that is a complete garbage article....

If my memory serves me well, I remember Trae being a strong UK lean at some point and then Cal backed way off for some reason. That tells me all I need to know.

If im uk uk calling wlex18 first thing this morning

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    You read the articles and came away with the understanding I had. Cal’s Ferrari is his offense. He has made that quote in public before. And Trae’s dad’s quote is almost what Cal said recently. What a bunch of hooey.
    this...

I am officially renaming John Calipari John Calferrari, by the way. I'm embracing it in an "in your face" attitude.

Calferrari rules, baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I read it and laughed, literally.
    Ha. Me too.

Does Cal actually have a Ferrari? Iím impressed.
    That story has the cut and paste acumen of Pitinos lawyer.

I'm guessing the original article bungled the metaphor and took it literally. I could be wrong, but the funny thing is, if you google "Calipari" and ferrari, you come up with another article that likens Calipari to a Ferrari--an expensive, but short-lived thrill ride that always ends badly for the driver.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...d-the-calipari

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I'm guessing the original article bungled the metaphor and took it literally. I could be wrong, but the funny thing is, if you google "Calipari" and ferrari, you come up with another article that likens Calipari to a Ferrari--an expensive, but short-lived thrill ride that always ends badly for the driver.

I image googled "short-lived thrill ride that always ends badly for the driver" and got this:

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I image googled "short-lived thrill ride that always ends badly for the driver" and got this:
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post

The original article referred to the keys as being the keys to the offense.

Fiddlin' Five

Nothing here to see folks, everybody keep moving.......

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    The original article referred to the keys as being the keys to the offense.
    Be careful. This is from the original article:

Some of the moments were unforgettable. Kentucky coach John Calipari once tossed the keys of his Ferrari to the five-star point guard and asked him something like, “You've got the keys to my offense now. What are you going to do with it?”

The link is inside the article first linked above.

Saying that Calipari "once tossed the keys of his Ferrari" to the player is pretty clear.

But I think the author bungled it. I think what happened is he's interviewing the player (or his Dad, or whoever), and they said, something like, "yeah, man. This recruiting is crazy. Like, I'm talking with Calipari and he tosses me the keys to his ferrari and says now you've got the keys to my offense."

I think he took it literally, and that's what he wrote. I don't think that's what really happened. I could be wrong. Cal may own a Ferrari. I don't keep up with his cars.

Of course, big deal if he does. So what? If he does, I'd sure toss the keys to a player, too. ULM used to have a football coach that would take recruits to dinner, and pull out of his pocket a huge roll of $100 bills. I mean, thousands of dollars, back in the 1970's. As long as you're not giving that to the recruit, it's not illegal to show how well you're doing, is it?

Agreed this is not a big deal. I am just totally curious if Cal has one. Ha

We are the BBN. We usually know stuff like this.
    ~Puma~

This was his 2013 model

Its one one that crashed and burned, just like the season.

Super Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post

Someone needs to send them a picture of Calipari driving his Vespa scooter.
    Receive updates on my UK website on Twitter at https://twitter.com/bigbluehistory

I doubt it.

On first read, I took it as metaphorical.

The "Ferrari" is "Kentucky Basketball" and I feel sure that is the exact, and ONLY, way that he meant it.

JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    I doubt it.

On first read, I took it as metaphorical.

The "Ferrari" is "Kentucky Basketball" and I feel sure that is the exact, and ONLY, way that he meant it.

JMO.
    I think so too. This writer is an idiot. But now I want to know what car he drives. We need to get on this people.
    ~Puma~

I think so too. This writer is an idiot. But now I want to know what car he drives. We need to get on this people.
    I an guessing a nice SUV type of thing, but nothing TOO flashy.

Just a feeling because it would make it easier to get home without other drivers gawking at him all the way along his route.

Gawkers can strangely set up the most snarled traffic jams from my experience.