Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Scientists witness huge cosmic crash, find origins of gold

This is amazing. TWO neutron stars colliding for a spectacular explosion, the likes of which CREATED gold, platinum, and other heavy elements. With the help of gravitational wave detection, this event has unleashed a HUGE opportunity for astronomers to study LOTS of cosmological data which will very much enhance the understanding of a WIDE range of theories.

I am very much looking forward to artist-enhanced renderings of this event.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/scientist...140024492.html
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

Re: Scientists witness huge cosmic crash, find origins of gold

Read the report here earlier today. Pretty cool how they managed to catch the event in real time.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Read the report here earlier today. Pretty cool how they managed to catch the event in real time.
    Yeah, that's really a big part of the excitement.

If you put together this grav. wave stuff, what they continue to do at Cern, Fermilab, et al, all of what they are doing by bringing worldwide telescopes together online to create a massive "Earth-sized" scope, AND... the BIG dog, the James Webb, scheduled to launch in Spring, '18, astronomers are going to have SO much stuff, it'll be like an endless cavalcade of Halloween candy for a five year old.

Very exciting time for Cosmology and Physics.

I am watching a program, Spaces Deepest Secrets, on the science channel tonight and part of the show is about the Hubble. The images they have been showing are just outstanding.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I am watching a program, Spaces Deepest Secrets, on the science channel tonight and part of the show is about the Hubble. The images they have been showing are just outstanding.
    I don't have normal access to the Science Channel as of about nine months ago, due to another one of those endless media buyouts.

Why the Science channel has to be, in any way close to premium status is beyond me, but anyway, I miss all of their Astronomy stuff, except for Through the Wormhole.

As to your noting of Hubble's imagery, it's unquestionably historic for science, in general, what that instrument has done... even when the images are enhanced, like they so often have to be in order for some of these cosmological phenomena to be shown in all of their energy radiating glory, I almost always am wowed by new stuff coming from Hubble...

and the Webb telescope is going to make it look like a set of binoculars. Unreal.