Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Irritated at the Sports World on today, October 13, 2017....will now take a break

Wake up this morning and I still see issues related to the non-story yesterday about Calipari and Jerry Tipton. In a no-win situation, Kentucky fans allowed Tipton to win, and cast "concern" and garbage when it didn't belong. Nobody can answer to reassure all, which is why the question was improper, and it's irritating (to me) that the issue even arose after Calipari said to move on before he asked the question.

Then we see another non-story that has UK fans concerned (not anywhere, but here), because Terry posted an alarmist post about something he thinks he heard. Meanwhile, Cameron Mills is active on twitter today talking about the news of the day, and hasn't said one character similar to the post made. Meanwhile, there isn't a single media member anywhere (I follow about 25 Kentucky-media only folks, and I guarantee, within seconds of anything UK-noteworthy, one or more of them tweets--every time) that has said anything. No national, no anything. I'm not blaming Terry, it happens, and I appreciate anybody posting quickly what they believe to be breaking news (good or bad). This time it just isn't news at all.

Then the NCAA announces the ruling with UNC-CH. While the defense of "we have to rely on the academic institutions to govern their own academia" has always been there, and at its base, is correct, when a fraud has been committed on the NCAA for purposes of athletic eligibility, most reasonable people understand that the defense is lost. But lots of money changed hands (maybe all of it legally; maybe not, I don't know), and relationships likely cemented. But the fact remains, UNC-CH competed for at least 18 years with athletes who weren't going to classes or doing anything other than playing basketball almost exclusively, and were awarded college credits they did not deserve.

I've had it.

I'm taking a break from the madness until, well, Big Blue Madness. See you tonight.

Re: Irritated at the Sports World on today, October 13, 2017....will now take a break

I am so pissed off. I seriously want UK and the other major schools to simply leave. It is an unfair institution that has differing rules for differing schools based on popularity within certain circles. I am done with NCAA and I want it put out of business. I hope the FBI freaking ruins the whole NCAA money game.

Re: Irritated at the Sports World on today, October 13, 2017....will now take a break

Honeslty this thing with UNC makes me more likely to drop following college ball than the other scandal. The fix is clearly in with the NCAA and certainly everywhere else in the sport.

The NCAA IMO has underestimated the damage they did to college sports today. They showed there is no integrity, and that image of itegrity and amateurism was a big part of the appeal.

Also agree with you 100% on the Tipton thing. It wasn't a "legitimate" question adn some noble purusit by Tipton any more than "Senator when did you stop beating your wife?"
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

This is as disgusted as I've ever been.

It is blatant and shameless favoritism to a school that has blatantly cheated for over 20 years. There's no other way to look at it. UNC plays by different rules.

Blog Entries

Omit the word "Sports" & that's pretty much my mood today.
    All I did was stand up to a long laundry list of people who passed away today who couldn't stand up because what was done was wrong.--RP, 8/26/09

Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post
    This is as disgusted as I've ever been.

It is blatant and shameless favoritism to a school that has blatantly cheated for over 20 years. There's no other way to look at it. UNC plays by different rules.
    Pretty much how I feel. SMU got a tourney ban because 1 kid, cheated in 1 class. you know what there were non-athletes in that class also.

It will not change until the presidents of the universities who have been wronged stand up the the fraud and corruption.

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBird View Post
    Pretty much how I feel. SMU got a tourney ban because 1 kid, cheated in 1 class. you know what there were non-athletes in that class also.

It will not change until the presidents of the universities who have been wronged stand up the the fraud and corruption.
    SMU got in trouble because an asst coach helped that player

Ole Miss has cheated in football and so far has paid back over $8 million. Will probably get hammered. They did much less than UNCheat

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    SMU got in trouble because an asst coach helped that player

Ole Miss has cheated in football and so far has paid back over $8 million. Will probably get hammered. They did much less than UNCheat
    I guess today's decision shows that SMU assistant should've found a non-player to help, too. Quick edit of Joe Regular Student's paper and voila! No violation.
    All I did was stand up to a long laundry list of people who passed away today who couldn't stand up because what was done was wrong.--RP, 8/26/09

Look the world is not fair, its easy to see. UNC used 18 million dollars in legal fees to fight this. That is why they won today. NCAA all but said, guys you did it, but you beat our lawyers up. Just move on.. Enjoy our night tonight

As long as the FBI leaves us alone, I could care less at this point. If they don't, I may go off the deep end!!!

Peace

Richard (CW)