Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

UNC-CH skates free -- NCAA concludes no violations

Wow.

Re: UNC-CH skates free -- NCAA concludes no violations

Rupp's Runt
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Wonder if the report got changed in the past week. Immaterial now.
    This will be a day longer remembered. It has seen the end of Pitino and will soon see the end of Louisville. September 27, 2017

I'm in disbelief.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

The after-party will be held at Michael Jordan's estate tonight. Cigars and cognac for all!

UNC-CH paid more than $18 million dollars in legal fees to handle this matter, coincidentally, $1 million per year of academic cheating.

Well worth it! Go lawyers!

Freshman

Amazing but totally expected. If I'm any other school I immediately set up BS classes to keep players eligible and stick some regular students in there.

The only penalties the COI levied are minor, and related to Julius Nyang'oro and Debby Crowder. No other sanctions.

Can’t believe this shocks you all

Fiddlin' Five

What did I tell you guys?
    And now, the NCAA has truly rendered itself worthless as a governing body.
    And truly, is anyone here really surprised? I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    Wonder if the report got changed in the past week. Immaterial now.
    I 100% believe that. Itís why I think it was delayed.
    Another bombshell dropping just escalates the ďcollege sports is corruptĒ narrative.

Super Kitten

I can't believe they did nothing. They did not any slap their wrist. Just unbelievable

Blog Entries

I guess the lesson here is its OK to give players extra benefits so long as you give some non-players extra benefits, too. Camouflage.

Can something be breathtaking but not surprising all at the same time? That's what this feels like to me.
    All I did was stand up to a long laundry list of people who passed away today who couldn't stand up because what was done was wrong.--RP, 8/26/09

Quote Originally Posted by goodycat View Post
    Amazing but totally expected. If I'm any other school I immediately set up BS classes to keep players eligible and stick some regular students in there.
    Eveyrone's doing it seems to be the mantra.

3 years of looking into it, 18 million in atty fees, and they didn't do anything wrong at all. Sounds like a waste of time dawg gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Padukacat View Post
    3 years of looking into it, 18 million in atty fees, and they didn't do anything wrong at all. Sounds like a waste of time dawg gone.
    Yep. Could have saved a lot of time if that is the conclusion.

This is a travesty. The NCAA officially has ruined itself as a governing body. Why even attempt to follow the rules. It doesnít matter if you pay players, give them prostitutes, make up fake classes to keep your players eligible- or employee a pedophile for 30 years. As long as you arenít the University of Kentucky just do whatever you want. Iím officially done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Alert, Alive; Do or Die; Take Care! Sgt. Jones (my father's last words February 7, 2017).

It really is time for the NCAA to fall apart. Total hypocrites.

I don't even know what to say folks.......they will be celebrating tonight @ late night with Roy.

What a jacked up day!!!!! I sure hope nothing is going on at UK because my day will be shot!!!! Mark my works folks, the FBI will get the NCAA's full support in a UK investigation. All hands on deck!!!!

Peace

Richard (CW)

I knew it. Dirty, miserable, rotten, cheating SONOFABITCHES! I hope they all burn in hell.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
    Can’t believe this shocks you all
    Me either (yawning)
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinawildcats View Post
    I don't even know what to say folks.......they will be celebrating tonight @ late night with Roy.

What a jacked up day!!!!! I sure hope nothing is going on at UK because my day will be shot!!!! Mark my works folks, the FBI will get the NCAA's full support in a UK investigation. All hands on deck!!!!

Peace

Richard (CW)
    There is absolutely no way people can say that paranoia on our part isn't warranted. They'd have closed our doors if we had done what UNC did. So Rose may or may not have taken his test - as a high school kid - so their whole season is vacated. But UNC has fake classes and get nada? As I've said before, high level college sports are fixed - one step away from pro wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by goodycat View Post
    In addition start paying a few non-athlete students and their families lots of money, and buying them hookers in case something should come up.

UNC has written the blueprint on how to cheat and get away with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

As much as I wanted UNC to get slammed, I just never could come to a conclusion that they had a rationale for punishment. It's not the NCAA's business to regulate the quality of classes offered, especially since the entire student body had access to the class. Not sure there's even a governing body that exists to do that. It's basically up to the institutions that set the standards. The world sees them as a fraud. Other than that, not sure what NCAA rules they really broke.

I've moved on already but will say this

1) At one point I had some respect for UNC-CH as a program. That is past tense. I will never have that again. Many may not care about that, certainly their fans won't but for me that does mean something. In my book they are now perhaps the lowest level program when it comes to cheating, lower than a Jim Valvano run NC ST or a Tarkanian run UNLV or Sam Gilbert influenced UCLA. Those teams are all clean compared to Carolina.

2) the next time somebody say "The Carolina Way" to me, I will literally laugh in their face, then defilne that as a means of prolonged and sanctioned cheating... and as a fraud. I will actually hold both Duke and UL in a higher regards.

3) will now forever see the NCAA as nothing more than a joke. I've always felt they were inept but now they have gone way beyond that. There are no words to even describe how ####ed up they are. They have the ability to hammer Penn State because a coach fondles boys but won't touch a school that creates bogus classes to keep players eligible. How messed up is that?
    Last edited by Doc; 10-13-2017 at 10:51 AM.

I'm a unitasker living in a multitasker world

Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
    As much as I wanted UNC to get slammed, I just never could come to a conclusion that they had a rationale for punishment. It's not the NCAA's business to regulate the quality of classes offered, especially since the entire student body had access to the class. Not sure there's even a governing body that exists to do that. It's basically up to the institutions that set the standards. The world sees them as a fraud. Other than that, not sure what NCAA rules they really broke.
    SACS governs this

They would have shut us down. Us being my college, not UK.

Classes were created specifically to keep kids eligible. If the NCAA couldnít find this a violation then it is because they didnít want to determine it was a violation.

The general public had access to whores but Louisville got slammed.
    Follow me on Twitter @krcrider

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Classes were created specifically to keep kids eligible. If the NCAA couldn’t find this a violation then it is because they didn’t want to determine it was a violation.
    That's the theory, but $18MM in attorney fees painted the picture that it wasn't at the benefit of the student-athlete, but the student. In an effort to preserve the athletic department, they threw the entire University under the bus. It just shows the power of sports to a University.

Now that the NCAA has basically said that this is a University issue, it should open up an opportunity for some sort of class-action lawsuit like that stupid one that was filed against UofL for hooker-gate diminishing the value of a degree. There seems to be a legitimate case for fraud and devaluing a degree here.