Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Half the universe’s missing matter has just been finally found

This is NOT dark matter, which is still mostly mysterious. This is baryon gas in the form of intergalactic filaments. They've been trying to detect this stuff forever so it's a pretty big deal for how the Universe, particularly how it has evolved, is understood and how they can predict how it will continue to change over time.

https://www.newscientist.com/article...lly-found/amp/
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

Cool stuff... I think. It's really hard for me to grasp, I'm no Neil deGrasse Tyson, but I find space exploration fascinating. I guess space exploration also includes what space consists of...lots of answers out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blueboss; 10-09-2017 at 07:43 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: Half the universe’s missing matter has just been finally found

It's about damned time. The next step was putting it on some kind of galactic milk carton.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Half the universe’s missing matter has just been finally found

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Cool stuff... I think. It's really hard for me to grasp, I'm no Neil deGrasse Tyson, but I find space exploration fascinating. I guess space exploration also includes what space consists of...lots of answers out there.
    The thing about Tyson is that he is terrific, almost certainly THE best, at explaining Cosmology, Astrophysics, etc. to laymen.

He has a "fun" show (if you dig a bit of nerditude like me, lol) on NatGeo called "Star Talk" that can feature scientists, philosophers, artists, etc. to talk about many realms of science and how it can be more accessible to folks in general. He typically includes a comedian to help host and keep it light amidst what can be pretty out there stuff... almost, literally, by definition.

As cool as the Solar System stuff is, I really dig the "larger" Universe realms of Cosmology and Tyson is pretty good at breaking that stuff down, yet he can also get pretty deep pretty fast when the conversation seems to demand it.

Check it out.
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    It's about damned time. The next step was putting it on some kind of galactic milk carton.
    Maybe on a Milky Way carton...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire