Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Lynn Bowden named SEC Freshman of the Week

First of many SEC honors for the young man, I predict.

Re: Lynn Bowden named SEC Freshman of the Week

LEXINGTON, Ky. – Kentucky freshman wide receiver/kick returner Lynn Bowden Jr., was named Southeastern Conference Freshman of the Week it was announced by the league on Monday.

Bowden, a native of Youngstown, Ohio, led UK with 128 all-purpose yards in the Wildcats’ 40-34 win over Missouri on Saturday. He caught three passes for 49 yards, with all three catches going for first downs on UK scoring drives.

In the fourth quarter, he caught a pass in the flat and apparently was tackled for no gain when he broke the tackle, zig-zagged all the way across the field, and broke another tackle before finally being stopped for a 20-yard gain.

He also returned three kickoffs for 79 yards, a 26.3-yard average.

This is Bowden’s first SEC honor and UK’s fifth this season.

The Wildcats (5-1) will enjoy a bye week before returning to action at Mississippi State (3-2) on Saturday, Oct. 21.

Awesome. It's time to see what he can really do.
    Don't panic

Just get him in space and watch the highlite reel develop. He is very elusive
    seeya
    dan

I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky. Hunter S Thompson

Fiddlin' Five

He won't see the ball again this season. They can't find Conrad, they won't give Bowden any more touches the rest of this season either.
    Kentucky's TE's & WR's, the "forgotten players" in its offense. Note I said forgotten.......not missing, just forgotten.

Bowden will be a much bigger factor for us in the last half. If he stays healthy and does the right things off the field he should have a great caeer

The play he turned a marginal gain into a 22 yarder was impressive. He is elusive that is for sure. Honestly, I was impressed with him before MO, but I think he wasn't given the ball in a position to show what he could do with it and make an impact.

I think it's time to give him the keys to the Wildcat. Benny isn't getting the push up front to be as successful as last year and Bowden can get to the edge and has the capability to throw to provide more looks.