Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Need help; Romantic dining ideas Fort Walton Beach, FL

Grammy and I will be celebrating 19 years of marriage and over 31 years of knowing each other this November 1. We will be on vacation in Fort Walton Beach with my sister and brother in law. November 1 is our night alone.
    I come to you, my brothers and sisters in blue for suggestions confidently because you have not let me down in the past. Not a bad meal in the suggestion box.
    Grammy and I just want a nice, quiet place for a decent meal with a little atmosphere. After Kids, grandkids and great-grandkids I am thinking Grammy and I need a break from the younguns.

Blueboss, catonahottinroof, Darrell, Citizen - anybody, Help! By myself I am clueless an Grammy (Miss Peg) deserves better...

Thanks,
    Cliff
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Short drive down to Destin.... Henderson Park Inn. The restaurant is called The Beach Walk Cafe. Reservation are suggested, check the time for sunset and sit on the deck weather permitting. Really nice view and the food was outstanding. Ive recommended it to several different people and haven't got a complaint yet. Mrs boss and I celebrated our anniversary there one year and really enjoyed it.

The chef does what I call artsy fartsy presentations but he can get away with it because the food is so good. I had seafood catch which was grilled tile fish that day and it was the best I ever had.

Mrs. boss's daughter who lives in Denver recommended the place to us... she then surprised us, she had called and prepaid our bill for an anniversary present...They also served us a dessert that was really nice presentation with "happy anniversary" written out on the plate in a chocolate raspberry sauce.

Great food, great service, great view...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Rupp's Runt

Re: Need help; Romantic dining ideas Fort Walton Beach, FL

Lost my assistance at romantic... lol

I've got you, Pappy.

It's maybe a tiny drive (half-hour), but take a look at Emeril's. It's actually called Emeril's Coastal Italian, opened early summer at the Sandestin Town Center (technically Miramar Beach) It's the latest and greatest restaurant opened by world famous New Orleans chef Emeril Lagasse--featuring great Italian food and local seafood dining.

I haven't been there, but have eaten at Emeril's in New Orleans, and I just can't believe that it wouldn't be a fantastic experience. I'd get reservations if you decide to go that route.

I understand if you want some place closer. But it's Emeril Lagasse's place, man. Atmosphere, New Orleans fine dining, romantic Italian? Checks all your boxes.

Here's a link to Chef Lagasse's official Twitter account. Just scroll down and look at his dishes.

https://twitter.com/Emeril?ref_src=t...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

i suggest you don't spoil your womenfolk like that, they'll end up all uppity and demanding if you do. You're already taking her on YOUR vacation, and I doubt you'll even have her cook much, so if you're not going to have her cook the dinners don't do more than simple country cooking buffets or maybe Waffle House if she's really good.

You'll thank me later. And if I'm wrong be sure to write me into your will. thanks in advance.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Both suggestions from blueboss and Darrell sound laruppin' good.
    Might have to let Grammy do the deciding.

Citizen, too late my friend, I already took her to a Cracker Barrel once, ruined her for sure donchaknow...

I really appreciate the suggestions; when it comes to the romantic side I am a typical male but she still puts up with me.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Crack house? Yeah, you ruined her with those high brow places. Start letting your women expect that stuff and there's no end to it.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Heading down and Grammy took ill right before Birmingham. Planned trying to make it to Montgomery or farther, but here we are in Pelham staying right across from the Hooters. Not how I envisioned the start of this vacation.

Is she OK, Pappy? Need any medical attention or just need some TLC?

FWIW, I just got in from out of town, but you aren't far from me if you need something. Mick and Darryl aren't far either.

TLC. I believe she just went at it too hard leading up to our departure, and the bottom just dropped out on her. She is sleeping right now.
    I appreciate the thoughts and if I thought there were anything remotely, seriously wrong I would have just taken her to the local ER. Matter of fact I am going to join her and get some shuteye myself.
    This is the very reason this is the BEST online community on the interwebs.

Get some rest, then. You know where to find us if you need something.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    TLC. I believe she just went at it too hard leading up to our departure, and the bottom just dropped out on her. She is sleeping right now.
    I appreciate the thoughts and if I thought there were anything remotely, seriously wrong I would have just taken her to the local ER. Matter of fact I am going to join her and get some shuteye myself.
    This is the very reason this is the BEST online community on the interwebs.
    Really sorry to hear you are getting off to a rough start. You all are only about 5 miles from my house. Please don't hesitate to put a message here if you need anything. There is an emergency clinic about 2 miles north of where you are on US 31. You should be able to find anything you need within about 3 miles. There is a nice little bakery named Edgar's right in back of your hotel. They have very good coffee if you have to keep vigil. Great breakfast and lunch.
    Real Fan since 1958

She slept like a baby and appears to be at her normal charming self; raising hell with me because my alarm went off.
    Again, thanks guys - and I will let Grammy know about Edgar's when she gets through complaining about the hour of the day.

Sorry to hear the news... thoughts and prayers headed your way. Hope she's back in the pilot seat soon.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quick Update: We are at the beach, and she is right as the mail. Spent some seester time and I got some brother-in-law time and our bellies full (Original Waterfront Crab Shack) and all is well.
    By the way Mick, Edgar's was absolutely awesome! Got me a large hot coffee, 1/4 of a cinnamon roll and I made it to Montgomery in NO time. Heck I STILL haven't slowed down.
    Again guys, thanks for everything.

Fab Five

Quick Update: We are at the beach, and she is right as the mail. Spent some seester time and I got some brother-in-law time and our bellies full (Original Waterfront Crab Shack) and all is well.
    By the way Mick, Edgar's was absolutely awesome! Got me a large hot coffee, 1/4 of a cinnamon roll and I made it to Montgomery in NO time. Heck I STILL haven't slowed down.
    Again guys, thanks for everything.
    I should have told you to get a pound cake to take on the trip. Strawberry and Chocolate Marble are the bomb! I get breakfast there a couple of times a week. Can’t beat it.

The family that owns the bakery employ the handicapped and give the day dated products to a local mission. They run the business the right way.
    Last edited by MickintheHam; 10-30-2017 at 07:55 PM.
    Real Fan since 1958

Grammy got an Orange Danish Rolls type thingy that my sister-in-law is having for breakfast in the am and we are invited. I have to take it easy on those type of things with the Type II and counting the carbs and watching what I can and cannot indulge in until I give up another thing. Sure was simpler before...
    Does a heart good to hear that it is run by that type of family.

Good news, now all you have to do is relax!!

Sorry, but I get a message stating: Exceeds your quota by 89KB...
    It was only a 649KB image.

Had a pretty decent picture to share...

How's the dining going?

That's some setting or something, not a limit on the board software. I can't remember what people were doing/did to remedy that, but 649kb should be no issue.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    How's the dining going?

Not going as planned. All is well, healthwise, but life has a way of throwing you some curveballs and it appears we got a few. Heading back towards home today, and hopefully I will get to give Grammy that nice little getaway dinner before going back to work Monday.

Not going as planned. All is well, healthwise, but life has a way of throwing you some curveballs and it appears we got a few. Heading back towards home today, and hopefully I will get to give Grammy that nice little getaway dinner before going back to work Monday.
    Sorry to hear you had to cut your trip short... hope everything is ok.

Back home on the Bluegrass.
    The reason we cut our Anniversary/Vacation short is our grandson is making us great-grandparents for the third time.
    While we are ecstatic about our great-grandchild those of you that are familiar with the history of our oldest grandson and thus, Grammy's and my difficulty at the news.
    She had said that one of the reasons she was feeling a little under the weather was she had a feeling of dread about our grandson. Her gut, instinct, intuition...whatever the heck it is was spot on.
    Again, thanks guys for everything.