Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Florida names Joker as their new WR coach

Florida names Joker as their new WR coach

Drop city has arrived in the swamp

http://www.kentucky.com/2012/12/03/2...-phillips.html

Re: Florida names Joker as their new WR coach

He didn't drop too many as a player and he coached a few good ones (Stevie Johnson, Keenan Burton) so I wish him the best of luck until they meet again and then I say it is time to end another streak.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Good for Joker! He's still a Wildcat

He will do well. Some people are cut out to do certain things. Joker is flat out not a good head coach but excels at WR position coaching and recruiting. Just like, say, engineers often make crummy managers if they get promoted because it's not their skill set. But he'll be fine.
    Follow my insane ramblings on UK sports and this crazy world we live in: @UKSalsaKat

I hope he does well, but he's a little long in the tooth to be the recruiter he was when he was 35 when he would think nothing of the endless hours on the back roads of the south chasing talent. It's rental cars, hotel rooms, and airport terminal waits. It's being out there alone for days at a time away from your family. Hungry young assistants climbing the ladder go at it like a pack of dogs after a fox. The hardest thing for Joker will be to find the fire to blunt the grind now that he's got a fat bank account.

I wonder if Timmons and Quick get a call from him.

Quote Originally Posted by ajp40505 View Post
    I hope he does well, but he's a little long in the tooth to be the recruiter he was when he was 35 when he would think nothing of the endless hours on the back roads of the south chasing talent. It's rental cars, hotel rooms, and airport terminal waits. It's being out there alone for days at a time away from your family. Hungry young assistants climbing the ladder go at it like a pack of dogs after a fox. The hardest thing for Joker will be to find the fire to blunt the grind now that he's got a fat bank account.
    Haha, I'm not even 35 yet and just reading that makes me feel exhausted and homesick. That is the main reason I could never, ever coach college sports. I remember when Tubby all but came out and said he hated the recruiting circuit and thinking, "I can't blame you one bit but don't you think you might be in the wrong line of work then?"
    Follow my insane ramblings on UK sports and this crazy world we live in: @UKSalsaKat

Joker seems to like and care about people. One plus to the recruiting trail is making relationships. Without them, you might as well just drive and drive. I do not think he is too old to enjoy that aspect of coaching. Cal seems to be constantly on the run and he is no spring chicken.

JV Team

I think its a twist of fate that now allows him to actually beat ul in a bowl game.
    Last edited by Poetax; 12-04-2012 at 10:14 PM.