Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Seriously?

Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Re: Seriously?

California would prefer chants of USSR.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    California would prefer chants of USSR.
    or Viva Mexico
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

According to what I was told by a family member today, (who is a KHSA official and a staunch Republican too in case it matters) the chant was rudely directed at the Hispanic school that had just been beaten.

A little research shows that team to be San Antonio Edison High School - whose student body is 96 percent Hispanic.

As for the use ff the USA chant, there are similar bans in place elsewhere including Michigan and Wisconsin.
    The similar rules state that fans may chant “USA” only after the National Anthem is played. Outside of that, it is prohibited. Yet, in this case it is for a different reason in that the phrase has been co-opted to taunt an opposing team.

"Michigan High School O-K Conference Commissioner Jim Haskins told 24 Hour News 8 that some students attending athletic events were chanting “USA” as a way of telling opponents, “U suck a**.” Haskins said the chant filtered down from colleges and started happening at high school basketball games last year.
    “The USA chant came into discussion with both the AD Pres. and The Executive Board this week. It was approved by both groups that the chant should ONLY be used after the playing of the National anthem to salute our country. Any other time during the contest this chant, with different meanings for the USA letters, are demeaning and prohibited,” the note reads in part.
    "

Id have to have been there to decide myself. But if the use was for any other reason than a show of patriotism, it is disrespectful and an insult.
    It is not banned when used in the appropriate and respectful way.

Its interesting for certain, and on the surface sounds like a bunch of crazies out there in Cali, but closer consideration may be warranted if what others are saying is true.
    Last edited by kingcat; 09-14-2017 at 08:41 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain