Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: GAME: Yes or No Game

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Yes, 100%. Man, I hate to hear that. Of course, you're talking to a family with four cats, two rescued in similar circumstances and two rescued from the Humane Society, so I'm always going to err on that side.

Have you intentionally run a red light in the last three months?

This is Lexington. You get rear ended and cause accidents if you don't run red lights here.

Ran one coming out of a neighborhood a week ago. In St. Louis late at night many areas go to blinking lights, and it's smart. middle of the night and no one coming, let people go.

Do you open your Christmas presents before Christmas?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    This is Lexington. You get rear ended and cause accidents if you don't run red lights here.

Ran one coming out of a neighborhood a week ago. In St. Louis late at night many areas go to blinking lights, and it's smart. middle of the night and no one coming, let people go.

Do you open your Christmas presents before Christmas?
    Ditto. Some day I'll miss a police authority there and get a ticket. Worth it, IMO, for all the possible things it has avoided. I try very hard not to stop on roadways where it can get "suspect" after dark, you know? I have a "helper" with me, but who wants to put themselves in that kind of position? Not this kid.

Speaking of kids....

Yes, we open "family" Christmas presents on Christmas Eve. My family didn't do that growing up, but my wife's family did, so "happy wife, happy life," they say, and we adopted her procedure. Plus, I get presents a day early. OK, so she didn't have to twist my arm on that one.

The bad thing is, for the kids, "we" only give them a Christmas ornament each year. It's a nice, Lenox or something type ornament. I don't know; I just occasionally look at some bill for way more money than you'd expect and my wife tells me it's for six ornaments--our five children and a Godchild. But fortunately, they have grandparents that give them presents, and their Godparents (some do, some don't), as well as "secret Santa" between the siblings.

"Santa" brings them their other gifts the next day. Santa doesn't bring my wife and I anything. You can read into that what you will. Oh, we'll have our stockings packed like the kids, but no gifts, since Santa is for kids.

Do you have any special meal on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? (I'll add mine after this is answered).

Nothing special for Christmas Eve or morning, but we do something a bit unique for Christmas lunch. We pig out on local, southern style, steamed, hot tamales.

Can you pass a Salvation Army Santa Clause without dropping a donation in the kettle?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Personally, no. I carry so many singles just to do that, I am glad Grammy is not a suspicious soul.

Do you know what your spouse is getting you for Christmas?
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

GAME: Yes or No Game

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Personally, no. I carry so many singles just to do that, I am glad Grammy is not a suspicious soul.

Do you know what your spouse is getting you for Christmas?
    Yeah, THAT'S why you carry all those singles...

Probably. She has asked me to pick out the heated vest I want, so I guess I do.

Does your spouse know what you are giving her (or him) for Christmas?

Yes she does. She really likes to go to sleep watching TV, and now that can happen in bed rather than on the couch in the den. We had talked about and agreed on the "gift" and she ran across a deal at Target she could not pass up so went ahead and brought it home.

Do you make it a point to watch "feel good" Christmas shows or movies this time of year?
    seeya
    dan

I like the Christmas shows/movies this time of year, but the wife goes overboard and I get tired of them quickly.

Do you microwave your coffee, after pouring it hot from the maker?
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

I don't microwave my coffee from the coffee maker. It's already too hot for me to drink, but I do routinely microwave "old" coffee that I put in a thermos from as much as the day before. Honestly, often I won't even microwave it, I'll drink it "hot enough" at around 130 degrees.

Have you eaten snow ice cream in the last couple of years?

I don't microwave my coffee from the coffee maker. It's already too hot for me to drink, but I do routinely microwave "old" coffee that I put in a thermos from as much as the day before. Honestly, often I won't even microwave it, I'll drink it "hot enough" at around 130 degrees.

Have you eaten snow ice cream in the last couple of years?
    Nope, hasn't really snowed enough in the last couple of years.

Do you ever watch any of the crime reporting shows like 48 Hours or 20/20 and disagree with the verdict... they almost always find the person guilty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

No but my wife watches all of them. I always think they're guilty too.

Ever put your heavy groceries on the belt first with the hope they'll actually be put in the cart first and not crush everything? Does it EVER work?
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    No but my wife watches all of them. I always think they're guilty too.

Ever put your heavy groceries on the belt first with the hope they'll actually be put in the cart first and not crush everything? Does it EVER work?
    I'm probably going to jinx myself, and I rarely purchased many items at a store anyway, but it seems to me that they load the merchandise in the order they scan it. I might have some beverages that are heavy in a case of 12, and I put that on the belt first. I think they go ahead and bag those as they occur.

Have you left something you paid for at a store recently?

That is probably my biggest concern if I am actually purchasing several plastic bags worth of merchandise. I can never tell if I have them all or not. I have caught them telling me that I have everything before and I reached around and found a bag with some of my paid merchandise in it, so they are not foolproof.

No but my wife left her keys on the counter at Kroger one time. The little old lady behind her in line apparently thought they looked like hers and picked them up. They had her on video but of course had no idea who she was. They called us 3 or 4 days later and said they had them back.

Ever left a store with the security tag still on items you've just purchased? We had this happen at an outlet mall about 20 miles out of town. Of course the alarms kept going off but everyone was so busy they would just say go on, it does that all the time lol. Luckily I was able to talk someone at a store much closer to home into removing them once we discovered the problem.

No but my wife left her keys on the counter at Kroger one time. The little old lady behind her in line apparently thought they looked like hers and picked them up. They had her on video but of course had no idea who she was. They called us 3 or 4 days later and said they had them back.

Ever left a store with the security tag still on items you've just purchased? We had this happen at an outlet mall about 20 miles out of town. Of course the alarms kept going off but everyone was so busy they would just say go on, it does that all the time lol. Luckily I was able to talk someone at a store much closer to home into removing them once we discovered the problem.
    I have, a long time ago. Can't remember how it was resolved, but did.

Are you currently sitting at your office watching online professional education courses to make sure you get your credits in before the end of the year? (6 hours of it I'm getting....over the next week or so....)

No I am not. I completed the course hours back in Feb.

Do you have more than one television in your house?
    seeya
    dan

Yes - (2) people, five television sets.

Can you find all the remotes to your TV's?
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Yes - (2) people, five television sets.

Can you find all the remotes to your TV's?
    If my daughter is away at College, yes. If she is home, no. I don't know what happens when she's home, but they disappear.

Are your outside faucets covered or insulated in preparation for the hard freeze?

No sir they are not, but they are all freeze proof models.

Do you subscribe to any print magazines or new papers?
    seeya
    dan

Birmingham News, but only 2 or 3 days a week. I rarely read it.
    Wall Street Journal during the Fall.
    Birmingham Business Journal weekly.
    Birmingham Magazine monthly.
    Sports Illustrated (my son, but I can sometimes read it since it comes to the house).
    280 Living (local newspaper)
    One Voice (weekly Catholic newspaper)
    Alabama print newsletter concerning court decisions and legislation.
    Alabama Lawyer monthly magazine.
    Probably a few more. I'm old school. Still like print publications to hold in my hand and read. Oh, and my daughters get those trash magazines like People or US or something, I dunno. I see those from time to time.

Do you have any DIGITAL subscriptions to newspapers or magazines online?

Not anymore, I find I either don’t have the time to read them on regular basis, or I don’t take the time to read them.

Have you already got your Christmas decorations taken down... including outside ?

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Not anymore, I find I either don’t have the time to read them on regular basis, or I don’t take the time to read them.

Have you already got your Christmas decorations taken down... including outside ?

Yes. Now. Wouldn't have been when you asked, though.

Have you broken any New Year's Resolution yet?

Yes. Resolved not to take my phone to bed and scroll through stuff before sleep. I think it lasted a day.

Have you ever installed a doorknob? (I'm working up the courage to try. Has me a little intimidated.)
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Yep. Installed the one in the picture in the other thread.

Have you recently put your foot so far in your mouth that you have to undo your fly to trim your toenails?
    I did recently.
    I called a lady, sir. That is something that is a byproduct of the stroke. Doesn't happen often but when it does, oh boy. Lady was working at a counter, slightly large and with a mustache, and I called her sir.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Yes. Resolved not to take my phone to bed and scroll through stuff before sleep. I think it lasted a day.

Have you ever installed a doorknob? (I'm working up the courage to try. Has me a little intimidated.)
    It's already been answered, but I've probably installed 10. I promise, I am the LEAST "handy" guy on the board. As long as the door knob fits the already-cut hole, you're good. Everything else is drag-and-drop easy. Sometimes I've had to fiddle a little with the placement of the strike plate to make sure the latch goes in easily, but that's easy, too.

Yep. Installed the one in the picture in the other thread.

Have you recently put your foot so far in your mouth that you have to undo your fly to trim your toenails?
    I did recently.
    I called a lady, sir. That is something that is a byproduct of the stroke. Doesn't happen often but when it does, oh boy. Lady was working at a counter, slightly large and with a mustache, and I called her sir.
    Did you notice it immediately and correct it, or allow her (him) to correct it? Details!

I can't recall RECENTLY putting my foot in my mouth terribly, but it has happened so often in my life that it just sort of is like water off a duck's back to me now, so I may have forgotten.

Do you use a notebook/legal pad/stenographer's book/something like that regularly to do a manual "to do" list?

Did you notice it immediately and correct it, or allow her (him) to correct it? Details!

I can't recall RECENTLY putting my foot in my mouth terribly, but it has happened so often in my life that it just sort of is like water off a duck's back to me now, so I may have forgotten.

Do you use a notebook/legal pad/stenographer's book/something like that regularly to do a manual "to do" list?
    Backstory: After my stroke the one lingering effect is not being able to say a word when I want to. I can think of it, visualize it, even write it down. After a little bit, I can read it. One of the first phrases I said to Grammy when she asked what I wanted for lunch at Olive Garden, I said Soup, Salad and Umbrellas instead of Soup, salad and breadsticks. Other than that I am back baby and Praise God and then some. But along with that I will say Ma'am to a fellow and Sir to a lady. It doesn't always happen but boy with this lady, Grammy was with me and she politely said, "Honey, you called this lady, sir."
    And when I went to apologize and explain, all Hell broke loose. She advised us that "that was alright, she knew what I meant." Proceeded to get real nasty. I advised her that whatever she perceived, that was not the case and I tried to apologize, again.
    She wouldn't hear it, so I said believe me Ma'am, I did not intend it as a slight and started to walk on away. She said something charming, I did not hear or care to, but Grammy did...well, it didn't end up to well for the young lady. Let's just leave it at that ...glad I don't get on Grammy's bad side too often...

Interesting story, Pappy, and in the grand scheme of things, it's "sand." Something unimportant. (It's the old story of the mason jar, filled with golf balls and sand.)

Repeating my question to get the thread going again-- Do you use a notebook/legal pad/stenographer's book/something like that regularly to do a manual "to do" list?

I make to-do lists all the time, usually just on scrap paper because I have to destroy the evidence before Mrs. Catfan sees how much I didn't get done.

Have you ever gotten tired of people posting pictures of their kids on facebook just to get attention?

I make to-do lists all the time, usually just on scrap paper because I have to destroy the evidence before Mrs. Catfan sees how much I didn't get done.

Have you ever gotten tired of people posting pictures of their kids on facebook just to get attention?
    No. But only my wife has Facebook, so there's that.

Had you forgotten about this thread?

Completely.

Have you begun any spring yard work like trimming shrubs, fertilizing, mulching, etc?

Lord no I have not. It is still going to snow again before spring. Our weather never really settles into a springlike pattern until after Easter.

Did you ever purposely start a fire using a magnifying glass as the source of ignition?
    seeya
    dan