Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: GAME: Yes or No Game

Re: GAME: Yes or No Game

Yes.

Ever take anyone snipe(snike) hunting?
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Yes.

Ever take anyone snipe(snike) hunting?
    No on the snipe hunting. Everyone I grew up around already knew that snipe had already been hunted to extinction.

Do you have a hunting or fishing license?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    No on the snipe hunting. Everyone I grew up around already knew that snipe had already been hunted to extinction.

Do you have a hunting or fishing license?
    Hunted as a kid all the time, fished even longer. never had a license or knew why you'd need one. But I did get out of it before I got into deer and such, and we fished on private property (our own) 99% of the time.

Along those lines, has anyone on here NEVER shot a gun? Betting not with this group, just curious. Dont' wait this one out, it's ok to answer you have (which I think will be the case for all of us).
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I have not shot a gun.

Today.

Wait, you said NEVER? No, I can't say that. It has been awhile, even a few months, and I need to get back to the range to sharpen up some more. I often carry a concealed weapon (with a permit--similar to that hunting license, but against really bad people when needed, and hopefully never needed). But practicing with the concealed weapon is a good idea.

(If others want to chime in with answers, obviously, we're laid back here,and it's a good place for discussion--but the "one" answer that counted is the first one, and he (me) gets to ask the next question!)

Hey, I'll stick with the same topic.

Have you shot a pistol in the last six months?

GAME: Yes or No Game

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I have not shot a gun.

Today.

Wait, you said NEVER? No, I can't say that. It has been awhile, even a few months, and I need to get back to the range to sharpen up some more. I often carry a concealed weapon (with a permit--similar to that hunting license, but against really bad people when needed, and hopefully never needed). But practicing with the concealed weapon is a good idea.

(If others want to chime in with answers, obviously, we're laid back here,and it's a good place for discussion--but the "one" answer that counted is the first one, and he (me) gets to ask the next question!)

Hey, I'll stick with the same topic.

Have you shot a pistol in the last six months?
    Yep, I've mentioned dove hunting in the past. I usually run a few rounds through several pistols while I'm "down on the farm".

Anybody ever hop a train. When I was in my youth we used to jump trains in open box cars and empty cabooses (back when they had cabooses) and ride them until they stopped or slowed enough to jump off. Usually just several miles down the line.

I had a couple friends that jumped a train in Lexington behind Fayette Mall the train didn't stop or slow enough to jump off and they ended up in Nashville TN.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Never hopped a train. Would be fun to do even now.

Have you ever "fished" for gator with a bass pole? ps. It's fun!!
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

No gator fishing for me. There are none to be found in these parts. Many a time though I have baited a line on a cane pole to fish for frogs that are sitting on the bank.

Do you wear a coat and tie to work?
    seeya
    dan

Yes, but only once a week. Sometimes I don't that day. And only for four months of a year. Other times, it is just if I have to, such as when I'm going to court, which is not often.

About 20 years ago I transformed from wearing a coat and tie each day to wearing polo shirts and slacks. I skipped the dress shirt and slacks stage for the most point, although I'll still do that on occasion.

Do you use a computer with more than one monitor attached?

No, but I have a 32" screen with over 50 tabs and an internet speed of around 350 Mbps download and 24 Mbps upload.

Have you ever walked off a job without notice?
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    No, but I have a 32" screen with over 50 tabs and an internet speed of around 350 Mbps download and 24 Mbps upload.

Have you ever walked off a job without notice?
    No but was fired very unexpectedly twice which will lead to my next question.

Have you ever told your boss what you truly think of them? Good or bad? Outcome?

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKERCATFAN View Post
    No but was fired very unexpectedly twice which will lead to my next question.

Have you ever told your boss what you truly think of them? Good or bad? Outcome?
    Sort of. Here's the story: I'd just gotten out of manager's training with Kroger's and was assigned as asst mgr in South Williamson, KY where at least half the phone book was either Hatfield's or McCoy's. The store manager informed me that our job was to inspect the departments for presentation and productivity and he was truly running a tight ship. So, I did that and in the process became more acquainted with the employees who, in turn was yelling me some bizarre stories about my boss. 1) He was having an affair with an office girl who was in turn causing tills to come up short with cashiers she didn't like. 2) He was blackmailing the grocery mgr. 3) He was giving beer to the night stockers to work off the clock. 4) Before taking a week's vacation told all department heads to add hours to their schedules well-above the allotted amount (to make me look bad) as I went around to check on where their departments stood, they'd say "fine" Ya think?!

Of course when it came time to tally the payroll it was over 100 hours too much. He'd set me up. It was about midnight and I was scared to death about what to do. I had the hours reduced to where the max should have been with the intent on adding it back in the next week. The following Monday I called the human resources guy who recruited me and I told him everything. He told me I had to go through the chain of command and tell the regional mgr. So, I did and he essentially told me it was all a figment of my imagination. Later that week we'd had a huge snowstorm which I managed to get through and when I got there, the office girl (mentioned earlier) said corporate called and said to close the store and was in the process of doing so which got everyone out by five o'clock.

That next week I was offered a store manager's position at a store not even a minute from where we lived and my salary would be about $7000 more per year. I took it. I gave a notice to my HR guy at Kroger's and while I was at the store the Front End mgr in formed me that the store mgr had written the office girl out for an additional five hours on that snow day. I presented the time card to the HR guy when we had our exit interview and the next week there was a full scale investigation and fired the manager at So. Williamson, KY.
    Last edited by badrose; 11-15-2017 at 10:25 AM.

Ever been stung by a man-o-war?

GAME: Yes or No Game

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    Ever been stung by a man-o-war?
    I have not.

Ever been in the water near a shark? I mean, an in the wild, real live shark that would scare the pants off you?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I have not.

Ever been in the water near a shark? I mean, an in the wild, real live shark that would scare the pants off you?
    Grammy and I were in the shallows, standing about waist to chest deep in the water when a bull shark went about 4-5' in front of us. I mentioned it and suggested we move slowly backwards; Grammy kicked it into four wheel drive and literally drug me backwards;not really in any danger, but it scares the devil out of you when they are that close, and unexpected. Beautiful creatures, though.

When was the last time you did something for you and you alone, totally selfish, for your pleasure alone?
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Probably about 3 years ago....Went for a 90 minute massage. I was sound asleep and felt great.

Do you eat pork skins? Hot or plain

Quote Originally Posted by CGWildcat View Post
    Probably about 3 years ago....Went for a 90 minute massage. I was sound asleep and felt great.

Do you eat pork skins? Hot or plain
    Yes, but it's been awhile and I prefer hot.

Do you miss the years of young adulthood?

No not really. Those years seemed like they were fun at the time, but I doubt I could actually survive them again. Thinking back on them it scares me of the times I did something stupid and put myself in a position to die in a heartbeat.

Do you have a lucky number?
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    No not really. Those years seemed like they were fun at the time, but I doubt I could actually survive them again. Thinking back on them it scares me of the times I did something stupid and put myself in a position to die in a heartbeat.

Do you have a lucky number?
    No, but I wish I'd bet on Pat Day the day he won every race at Keeneland. That was around '89 or '90.

Is there a sport you excelled in? (Can be pickup games for all I care)

I'm pretty good at solitaire....otherwise no. Scored 1 point in 6th grade basketball. Baseball was my game and played about 10 years growing up but never made all stars etc. (Which really bugged me)

What behaviors make you think a person is creepy?

Not really. Oh, in my mind, I was exceptional. I'll never forget my 9th grade year when I transferred schools after basketball tryouts. I asked the coach for a tryout, and he told me that "I have 12 uniforms, and 12 players have already made the team," so I didn't try out. When the "P.E." class played the 9th grade team, we lost 25-24. I scored all 24 points in the game. Won the one on one school contest, beating a 6'6 guy in the finals (I was 5'6 at the time.) He was actually one of the easiest to beat.

Playing little league baseball, I had opposing coaches shake my hand and call me "Brooks Robinson" when I played 3rd base, after making diving stops and throwing runners out as an 11-year old playing for Hoptown Clothing on our undefeated team. I wasn't that great of a hitter, though, but good enough. Thought I was great lol.

Had my moments on golf team in high school, won a couple of minor tournament things, made a couple of tournament-winning putts that was fun in things like two-man four-ball tournaments, etc. We had an 8' pool table at home and I used to be able to play a little pool. Stuff like that. Always make it much bigger in my mind than it really was. The truth really is that I was a "jack of all trades, master of none" athlete if an objective view was used. I could compete in about anything, but really exceptional? Nah.

I hope others answer this question, too--I love reading about our members who played baseball, basketball, football, etc.

I'll pass on asking the next question to allow somebody else to answer this question, too--and they can ask the next question.

I'll pass it on as well.

In baseball I wasn't a great hitter but I got on base quite a bit. I loved stealing bases and after a while I got pretty cocky about it. I once told the first baseman I was going on the next pitch and he relayed that to the pitcher. I didn't get a huge lead but enough to give me a shot. The pitcher gave me a look and proceeded to throw a pitch. Stolen base. I got a bigger lead off second but the 2nd baseman came to the bag so I went back a bit. I took a slightly shorter lead this time and made sure the pitcher saw that so he didn't bother to look back again before his delivery. I took off and dove in head first to third, arriving at the same time as the catcher's throw but with my hands extended my left hand blocked the ball from going into the 3rd baseman's glove. I once stole 2nd and 3rd on one pitch because I figured no one would expect it (catcher didn't, 3rd baseman didn't). I once stole 7 bases in a double header. My last time up in the second game I got walked which loaded the bases. The 1st baseman hollered at his coach to see if he wanted him to hold me on.

On to bastketball

Remember Greg Hoover? I ran into him and his son at the YMCA nearby and we were shooting around and at one point I hit 7 shots in a row from NBA 3pt range. (about 10 ft beyond the high school arc) It was easier for me to shoot from outside and more likely for me to make that shot than a layup. Used to play every Saturday morning with guys from church (some pretty good players) at an elementary school gym. One time I was on defense in the lane and it was packed so it was a missed shot and the guy next to me was on the other team and about 7 or 8 inches taller and he got the rebound and I blocked the put back attempt and took it away and it really pi$$ed him off. So I'm running the other way with it and he's doggin' me about a step behind so when I got to the 3pt line I held up a moment which allowed him to get in front of me. I dribbled behind my back but it got away from me headed toward going out of bounds toward the baseline corner. I got to it in time and, falling way and to my left I let it go and my defender fell on me. Swish! (My kids were there so they can verify.)
    Last edited by badrose; 11-17-2017 at 01:49 PM.

I'll ask the next yes or no question.

Do you still have a land line telephone?

Nope. Got rid of ours several years ago.

The only sport I played past Little League was baseball. I was a pretty good center fielder but a horrible hitter; I would just try to draw a walk. Once I threw a perfect strike to home from dead center though on one hop, got a very surprised runner out. I thought about football but after my brother broke his tailbone my parents said no way.

Have you ever had deja vu when you know you had never been some place before?
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Nope. Got rid of ours several years ago.

The only sport I played past Little League was baseball. I was a pretty good center fielder but a horrible hitter; I would just try to draw a walk. Once I threw a perfect strike to home from dead center though on one hop, got a very surprised runner out. I thought about football but after my brother broke his tailbone my parents said no way.

Have you ever had deja vu when you know you had never been some place before?
    No, but I have gone into a place I know I have been before and I remember asking my self, now what the heck did I come in here for?

Do you carry a pocketknife?

If I have my pants on and am not going thru the process of trying to board a plane, then yes, I have a pocketknife in my front left pants pocket.

Do you normally have more than $20.00 cash with you?
    seeya
    dan

I like to have cash with me always. No certain reason, I just feel better having it, and usually about 40 or 50. Until my wife finds out then I have 5.

Do you and family have passports?

No, and we should. Everybody should.

Funny story. Daughter and fiance were going to take a short trip to the Bahamas about six months ago. He is stationed in Fort Campbell, from Atlanta, and we're in Birmingham. He came over and visited us a couple of days, and then they left for Atlanta, where they were going to catch a flight the next morning. My daughter asked if she needed a "Passport," and he laughed and told her no, they weren't going anywhere they needed a passport. But they were sitting in Atlanta visiting with his parents, and about 10 p.m. she decided she'd check to see what she needed, sort of a last minute check.

Driver's license. Check.
    Birth certificate. What?

Yes, she needed an original birth certificate (or certified copy, more accurately). Fortunately, we keep those extra home at a fireproof safe, so the only issue was that they were 3 hours away (6 hours roundtrip). She was so mad. To save the poor guy, I jumped in the car with the birth certificate as fast as I could, and I met them halfway. Oh--and it was a driving rainstorm.

Fun times. But they laughed about it afterward.

Do you like cranberry sauce out of a can?

Freshman

Cranberry sauce is cranberry sauce. I’m not picky.

Question: If your neighbor leaves a declawed cat out in sub-20 degree weather, doesn’t feed her, and leaves her in poor health, is it ok to bring her into your home? (I think I know the answer - but interested in a third party opinion).

Yes, 100%. Man, I hate to hear that. Of course, you're talking to a family with four cats, two rescued in similar circumstances and two rescued from the Humane Society, so I'm always going to err on that side.

Have you intentionally run a red light in the last three months?

Quote Originally Posted by dethbylt View Post
    Cranberry sauce is cranberry sauce. I’m not picky.

Question: If your neighbor leaves a declawed cat out in sub-20 degree weather, doesn’t feed her, and leaves her in poor health, is it ok to bring her into your home? (I think I know the answer - but interested in a third party opinion).
    Jumping back, but seriously yes, on many levels. First, declawed cats shouldn't be outside. They're defenseless.

Second, in the cold and unfed to go along with unable to hunt for itself, that's just abuse and cruel. Get her, take her to the vet, keep her inside and tell the neighbor he's an asshat. If you get really inventive bind his hands together with superglue and sit his ass out in the cold and see how he fares.

Seriously, yes. If you want to avoid confrontation of keeping it long term at least take it to the animal shelter, but it sounds like they don't care about it. But many such people don't care until someone else cares for the animal, then they act like they've been robbed.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.