Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: GAME: Yes or No Game

No. There are things that can be seen that do not warrant viewing

Do you have newspapers delivered to your home?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

GAME: Yes or No Game

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    No. There are things that can be seen that do not warrant viewing

Do you have newspapers delivered to your home?
    Yes. But only 2 or 3 days a week. Maybe Wednesday, Friday and Sunday? I don't remember. The Birmingham News no longer prints daily, but we may not even get it as often as they publish.

I rarely read it. But it's enjoyable when I do. I like reading it in hand as opposed to a computer or phone screen, where most of my reading occurs.

Did you or your child play varsity high school sports?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Yes. But only 2 or 3 days a week. Maybe Wednesday, Friday and Sunday? I don't remember. The Birmingham News no longer prints daily, but we may not even get it as often as they publish.

I rarely read it. But it's enjoyable when I do. I like reading it in hand as opposed to a computer or phone screen, where most of my reading occurs.

Did you or your child play varsity high school sports?
    Yes. Me: Baseball, My oldest daughter: Basketball

Did you ever streak on a dare?
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    Yes. Me: Baseball, My oldest daughter: Basketball

Did you ever streak on a dare?
    On a dare, as opposed to just enjoying it as a hobby?

No, I have never streaked on a dare.

(I answered the question precisely.) Hey, I want to hear your story behind the question when you get a chance.

In the meantime, next question--

Have you ever lost a hat on a roller coaster or other amusement park ride?

On a dare, as opposed to just enjoying it as a hobby?

No, I have never streaked on a dare.

(I answered the question precisely.) Hey, I want to hear your story behind the question when you get a chance.

In the meantime, next question--

Have you ever lost a hat on a roller coaster or other amusement park ride?
    No.

I threw in the 'dare' part as a plausible excuse for anyone who would need it. I ran to the mailbox and back for $10 once on a dare (it was dark---good excuse?) Another time I ran about 70 yards both ways (dark again but the distance made it much more daring. I was about 15 then) it was a mutual dare. I want to hear the reason behind your question.

Ever randomly walk up to a girl and kiss her in the middle of her conversation with another guy. (not in any way related to the last question)
    Last edited by badrose; 09-22-2017 at 01:14 PM.

No. They used to do that to me.

Ever wondered how big a "yay" is when someone says "Its about yay big"?
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    No. They used to do that to me.

Ever wondered how big a "yay" is when someone says "Its about yay big"?
    No. It's usually accompanied by hands being held apart to indicate that.

Are you slowly but surely getting away from network TV?

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    No. It's usually accompanied by hands being held apart to indicate that.

Are you slowly but surely getting away from network TV?
    Yes, pretty much top to bottom

Have you recently called in sick to work and not been sick (played hooky)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Yes, pretty much top to bottom

Have you recently called in sick to work and not been sick (played hooky)?

Not recently. Did it a few times when I worked night shifts but that was about 35 years ago. The last time I missed work was October 2006.

Are there some movies that you watch more than 2 or 3 times a year? (feel free to name them)

Yes. Will not try to name them, but my lovely wife is addicted to Christmas movies and during November and December I am subjected to a constant diet of those movies, sometimes 3 or 4 times.

Do you like your neighbors?
    seeya
    dan

Yes, the Lord blessed me with two awesome, Christian neighbors, Kenny & Tammy and their two daughters have been a blessing to us. Oh, by the way Kenny is a Baptist preacher, I can't get away from them.

When was the last time you had squirrels, biscuits and gravy for breakfast?
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Yes, the Lord blessed me with two awesome, Christian neighbors, Kenny & Tammy and their two daughters have been a blessing to us. Oh, by the way Kenny is a Baptist preacher, I can't get away from them.

When was the last time you had squirrels, biscuits and gravy for breakfast?
    Have I ever had squirrel, biscuits and gravy for breakfast?

Yes, once when I was in college. Went hunting with a buddy of mine and that's what they had for breakfast.

Have you ever had a sickening, nauseating, helplessness, viciously angry to the point you want to wreck a hotel you're staying in feeling after a Kentucky football game?

Damn right, tonight.

When was the last time you longed for the days of Coach Jerry Claiborne and the Wide Tackle Six?
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Damn right, tonight.

When was the last time you longed for the days of Coach Jerry Claiborne and the Wide Tackle Six?
    Yes and no. It seemed more fundamentally sound, but the athletes weren't as good. Him coaching with Stoops recruiting?

Did you go out of town this weekend?

Nope, no trip for me this weekend.

Can you see may stars from your backyard at night?
    seeya
    dan

Nope, no trip for me this weekend.

Can you see may stars from your backyard at night?
    It varies but definitely more than I could in Charlotte.

Ever had chicken grape salad?

Many times. And pecan, too.

Have you ever lost your wallet, or had it stolen?

Many times. And pecan, too.

Have you ever lost your wallet, or had it stolen?
    ( my favorite snack, and sometimes meal, is chicken grape salad scooped with Wheat Thin crackers)

(BTW, D, I followed up on your request earlier in this thread)

No, at least as far as I can remember. For some time now I've kept my wallet in my front pants pocket which is deeper and far more likely to notice if there's an attempt to lift it and very, very seldom do I carry cash.

Did you ever pop wheelies on a bike with a banana seat and butterfly handle bars?

Every day! Mine had the thing on the back end that would keep you from falling off.

Ever spent Christmas Eve in a seedy hotel in Charlotte because the airport was fogged in?
    changing my signature to change our luck.

No, I don't ever remember staying in a hotel around the Christmas holidays.

Do you own any Adidas sports gear.... shoes, sweats, t's etc?

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

No, I don't ever remember staying in a hotel around the Christmas holidays.

No. I don't remember brand loyalty being a 'thing' back in the day. I wore Converse All-Stars as my every day all-purpose shoes and my first baseball glove purchase was a Wilson A-2000 which I paid for with money I earned cutting grass. I got it at the Wilson factory which was just across the Ohio River in Ironton, Ohio for about $40. I remember oiling it with Neatsfoot oil, putting a baseball in it, tying a string around it and putting it between my mattress and box springs to help break it in. I loved the way it felt and the way it smelled.

Did your family have a vegetable garden when you were a kid?

Yes, from time to time. Generally had tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes, onions, and lettuce. It was never very large it was more of a summer hobby type thing for my mom and dad.

Have you ever swam in the ocean far enough off shore where you can't see land?

Going to answer the correct question, then, just because, I thought I'd answer a couple of the ones previously posted, too. You guys come up with great questions.

Have you ever swam in the ocean far enough off shore where you can't see land?

No, I haven't. I'm probably the biggest chicken there is when it comes to swimming in the ocean. It bothers me when I see my sons go out there, or anyone where I realize I couldn't get out there to get them easily.

I get chill bumps just thinking about being on boats (I've done it plenty of times, though) and being in the deep ocean. When I'm on it, it's fine, but sitting here in my chair, I worry about all the things that could go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Ever spent Christmas Eve in a seedy hotel in Charlotte because the airport was fogged in?
    In Charlotte? No. But in Kenner, Louisiana, on Airport Highway in a very seedy area? Yes.

My wife was pregnant at the time, and we were living in Alabama, came back for Christmas. Somebody had --I don't remember, something serious that you couldn't expose a pregnant woman to, like chicken pox, or measles, or really bad hair day, or something--seriously, I don't remember--and so we couldn't stay there. I was young and stupid, and just looked for the closest hotel (motel) possible, and it was on Airline Highway in Kenner (anybody familiar with New Orleans will know that's not a great area).

We dropped off presents and went back to the seedy motel,spent the night and returned home the next day.

Also remember as a kid traveling on Christmas Day, stopping at McDonald's to eat "Christmas Dinner" because Dad had to be back at work the next day and we were coming back from Kentucky, I think to Mobile. Maybe we were in Louisiana by then, but I want to say Mobile.

I own probably more Adidas gear than Nike gear, for whatever reasons. When I exercise I wear dry-fit type apparel, and just look for stuff on sale. Seems Adidas Clima-cool is on sale more often than Nike Dri-fit.

I own one Adidas Clima-cool running hat and one Nike Dri-fit hat. The Adidas is a light grey, and I love it for running. Very light weight, keeps sweat out of my eyes (along with my Sweat Gutr), and can be rinsed out (I understand it has a plastic bill underlining) when I am done.

The Nike hat is a black Nike hat with a white swoosh, and I love that hat. It used to be my hat to run in as well, but I found I wear it practically everywhere on weekends, such as to soccer or football games, if I am outside and I am sweating. It doesn't create the "sweat stain" that my "regular" hats, like UK, ULM and Miami hats do. So I wear it probably slightly more than the Adidas hat (I certainly wear it LONGER), and the rest of my hats are rare these days.

I also have shorts, polos, and even socks that are Adidas (Nike, too). But yes, a lot of Adidas stuff. I will be wearing more of it now when I come in contact with my UofL friends here

Finally, my question--

Do you have any plans to watch a sporting event in person this weekend?

Jumping off a boat into the wide open ocean with no land in sight is pretty unsettling. Jumping in the ocean with some type of air supply has never really bothered me.... I guess it's like a security blanket or something. Just jumping in to swim around, I never last very long before the heebie jeebies set in and I climb out.

Do you have any plans to watch a sporting event in person this weekend?
    No sir. Grand youngins have the weekend off for fall break

Do you have any phobias that you are aware of?
    seeya
    dan

No sir. Grand youngins have the weekend off for fall break

Do you have any phobias that you are aware of?
    Well, I'm not sure. Maybe close, I dunno. I didn't think I was claustrophobic until I had an MRI on my right shoulder a few months ago, and it bothered me. I'm having an MRI on my left shoulder next week, and I'm already contemplating tequila or bourbon before I go in, and I'm not kidding.

We were having dinner last night and I was having a margarita and I told my wife I'd have to arrange it after 5 so I could have a margarita, and she reminded me that I don't have to wait til then. And I won't.

I'm also semi-phobic about the ocean and heights, I guess. I go on these "space shot" things at amusement parks, and I get very anxious as it is going up. The going down is fine.

So I'm not sure if any of that qualifies, but I think it's dang close.

Are you in any social clubs (you can define that how you want)?

As Groucho said, I won't join any club that would have me as a member. So that is a no on social clubs.

Do you regularly watch national network or cable news broadcasts?
    seeya
    dan

As Groucho said, I won't join any club that would have me as a member. So that is a no on social clubs.

Do you regularly watch national network or cable news broadcasts?
    Maybe. We have Fox News on all day in our lobby, and I sometimes sit and watch when I just want a break. Usually because some news item is on of interest, and usually just for the duration of that item. I don't at home. (I'm not advocating for or against Fox, but it appeals to our clients.)

Do you have more than one pet?

No pets at all. When my daughter left home for college the dog went with her and a few years later my wife's cat passed away. We decided to not replace either of them.

Do you regularly wear a wristwatch? (An apple watch does not count)
    seeya
    dan

Daily - a cheap Timex, with hands no less.

About how many hours a day do you spend actually relaxing, or doing something recreational?