Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: GAME: Yes or No Game

No. I love watches though. My go-to is a self-winding Seiko and that's the one I always wear because the rest have dead batteries in them. One time I took three in at once for new batteries when the Seiko needed a new band but then they all just died around the same time.

Have you ever tried candy corn and dry roasted nuts together? Tastes just like a Payday. Great at tailgates.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

GAME: Yes or No Game

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    No. I love watches though. My go-to is a self-winding Seiko and that's the one I always wear because the rest have dead batteries in them. One time I took three in at once for new batteries when the Seiko needed a new band but then they all just died around the same time.

Have you ever tried candy corn and dry roasted nuts together? Tastes just like a Payday. Great at tailgates.
    My FIL gave me a Rolex - claimed he got a real good deal on it, whatever. And I wear it regularly. But I also wear this one regularly, including today. Inexpensive self-winding Seiko. Swapped the nylon band for a leather one and I really like it for a casual look. I'm old school and like these better than battery ones, too.

And your question? (tapping fingers)
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    And your question? (tapping fingers)
    The question is still on the board. I didn't answer one. (Look at the post above mine).

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post

No, but Paydays are a favorite.

Did you watch the Emmys last night? (I didn't)

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    My FIL gave me a Rolex - claimed he got a real good deal on it, whatever. And I wear it regularly. But I also wear this one regularly, including today. Inexpensive self-winding Seiko. Swapped the nylon band for a leather one and I really like it for a casual look. I'm old school and like these better than battery ones, too.
    That's the one! Great watch. Mine loses about a minute a day but I just correct it every couple of days. Sure beats batteries. I replaced the band when it wore out with a black silicone one. I wear out the leather ones too fast. The same watch comes in black, blue, and white but so far I've resisted the temptation to get another.

IMG_0050.jpg
    Last edited by Catfan73; 09-18-2017 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    No, but Paydays are a favorite.

Did you watch the Emmys last night? (I didn't)
    I did not watch the Emmy's. Didn't know they were on. I'm clueless.

Have you listened to AM Radio in the last month?

I did not watch the Emmy's. Didn't know they were on. I'm clueless.

Have you listened to AM Radio in the last month?
    Nope. Either Classic Vinyl or Classic Rewind on Sirius/XM

Do you ever suffer from road rage?

I gave up getting upset on the road long ago young grasshopper. Now I just mutter under my breath and give them a thumbs up.

Did you miss Parks and Recreation when it ended?

No. I never watched it.

Do you have solar panels on your house or in your yard?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    No. I never watched it.

Do you have solar panels on your house or in your yard?
    No--not there when we bought the house, way down the list of potential improvements.

Have you seen a movie in a movie theater in the last 90 days?
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    No--not there when we bought the house, way down the list of potential improvements.

Have you seen a movie in a movie theater in the last 90 days?
    Yes, took my grandson to see Boss Baby

Have you had to drive in dense fog lately? I did this morning from Louisville to Indy... slow going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Yes, took my grandson to see Boss Baby

Have you had to drive in dense fog lately? I did this morning from Louisville to Indy... slow going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have not. Last two days there has been a dense fog warning in my area, but I've been under the weather, so I opted not to go to the office until later both days.

Have you written with a fountain pen in the last year? (I have, it's part of my rotation of changing between pencils, ballpoint pens-cheap and expensive, gel pens, and fountain pens. It's weird, but it motivates me work-wise.)

No- use a pencil most days.

Do any of you have step kids? What's the relationship like?
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

I have no biological children, God looked at me and said, "that gene pool needs some chlorine", but my kids are just that; my kids.
    That is the only healthy way it should be- they have a father, but they also have a Pap.

Favorite, non-adult beverage?
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post

Favorite, non-adult beverage?
    Yes? No? Maybe.....(yikes...thinking back to those words issued by Rebecca DeMornay in.....nevermind. Man, that was a great movie, but not because of the story lines.)

I'm going to assume that Pappy's question is,

"Do you have a favorite non-adult beverage?"

My answer would be, "Yes, coffee." I would say water, but I enjoy coffee more than I enjoy water, although I drink ten tons more water than I do coffee. So I guess you could argue that my "yes" should be for water instead.

I could have said "yes," and then chosen something sweet to drink, but I don't drink soft drinks anymore (I don't have anything against it, and if I'm thirsty enough, I'll drink a coca-cola or whatever).

I'll stick with Pappy's general line here--

Do you prefer Coca-Cola over Pepsi-Cola?

RC - but type II has pretty much brought that to a halt, so Coke Zero.

Last time, if ever, you went frog gigging?
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Close to 30 years ago was the last time I went wading for frogs. My FIL was a Louisiana "wannabe' cajun and he got me hooked on the sport. We used to go twice every weekend during the season.

Do you hate going to visit the dentist?
    seeya
    dan

Do you hate going to visit the dentist?
    No. Most people do. I used to. I now have a dentist I really like, and it seems technology has caught up where they don't do so many things that irritate me. Plus they give me nitrous oxide when I walk in the door, so that helps.

Just kidding on the laughing gas. But I've reached the point in my life where I like going as a "tune-up," to keep things in good order that I used to take for granted, like my teeth.

Have you printed a photo you have taken with your camera (or phone) recently? (I find I take tons of photos, but almost never print anymore.)

Yes, usually not too traumatic, but still not fun.

Have you ever woke up in bed naked next to a transvestite prostitute? (Figured I'd go big for my first question)
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by CGWildcat View Post
    Yes, usually not too traumatic, but still not fun.

Have you ever woke up in bed naked next to a transvestite prostitute? (Figured I'd go big for my first question)
    next to?

No. Not next to.

Have you printed a photo you have taken with your camera (or phone) recently? (If Coastie gets this one, I have a feeling I know the answer already!)

next to?

No. Not next to.

Have you printed a photo you have taken with your camera (or phone) recently? (If Coastie gets this one, I have a feeling I know the answer already!)
    I do here and there to show a client, but not often.

Have you ever been arrested or even just placed in the cruiser? Hoping someone has a funny version of this question, where they got busted for protesting in the 60s or mistaken identity or something. If you're a three time felon posting from FOlsom I'd probably prefer you not let it out here.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I do here and there to show a client, but not often.

Have you ever been arrested or even just placed in the cruiser? Hoping someone has a funny version of this question, where they got busted for protesting in the 60s or mistaken identity or something. If you're a three time felon posting from FOlsom I'd probably prefer you not let it out here.
    Yes--I was placed in a cruiser and driven to the police station when I was 17. I was at a camp-out party where there was a bunch of drinking. About 2 am (because lots of good things happen after 2 am) a girl decided she wanted to go home. I knew I was drunk and shouldn't drive, but somehow I let myself get talked into getting in the car with another girl who was equally too drunk to drive. So here are 3 drunk high school kids riding in a car through downtown Flatwoods, Kentucky at 2:15 am.

Of course, a cop pulled us over, took us back to the police station and did the worst thing he could do: he called our parents. If he had given me the choice of staying in jail that night and releasing me the next morning or calling my parents, I definitely would've chosen jail.

None of us were ever charged, including the driver, which is how it was done back in 1980 I guess, but I doubt the driver would've gotten off that easy now. Maybe in a small town. (BTW, the driver is now a doctor and professor at a medical school, so the cop calling her parents and not charging her was a great break.)

So, next question:

Have you ever used a smoker?
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Used one< heck I built one. I used a 250 gallon propane tank, a salvaged 2 wheel trailer, stainless steel conveyor chain, and some steel to build the firebox. I can smoke 12 whole turkeys or 22 boston butts at a time. I love it and so do friends and neighbors.

Do you snow ski?
    seeya
    dan

Used one< heck I built one. I used a 250 gallon propane tank, a salvaged 2 wheel trailer, stainless steel conveyor chain, and some steel to build the firebox. I can smoke 12 whole turkeys or 22 boston butts at a time. I love it and so do friends and neighbors.
    That's hard core, Dan! I bought an entry-level electric smoker a few years ago but never did a whole lot with it: smoked about 1 butt/summer, some ABTs, etc. I like smoked anything but Mrs. BEvans does not and when we became empty-nesters I couldn't see doing it for just me. 1 of those things I might try to work with again someday.

Rupp's Runt

No, not a big fan of smoked foods. Only get a taste for that stuff once or twice a year. Otherwise, nope.

When was the last time you swam, snorkeled, or scuba dived in the ocean?

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    No, not a big fan of smoked foods. Only get a taste for that stuff once or twice a year. Otherwise, nope.

When was the last time you swam, snorkeled, or scuba dived in the ocean?
    Correction: the question should have been 'have you what's instead of 'when was the last time'.........brain fart. Sorry, my peeps!

Rupp's Runt

Correction: the question should have been 'have you what's instead of 'when was the last time'.........brain fart. Sorry, my peeps!
    DAMN AUTOCORRECT!
    HAVE YOU EVER........is what it should have said.
    I am really, really starting to dislike this new Kindle.......grrrrrrrr........

I'll answer both.

Do you snow ski?
    No.

Everybody in my family has, except me. It's not a big deal with us, and every time I could have, there was some obstacle keeping me from it. Maybe someday.
    Yes, I've snorkeled in the ocean. Most recently, if you count the Gulf of Mexico, in the last couple of years. Otherwise, heck. Maybe 20+ years ago in the Cayman Islands with the stingrays and such. That was a blast.

I have never been diving. Another, "one day" thing. (Edit - I missed the swim part. If Gulf of Mexico counts, a couple of months ago).

Have you eaten a warehouse store sandwich recently? (asked the guy sitting at Costco eating their turkey provolone sandwich, surprisingly good).

No, but I do love the Costco hotdogs!!

Will you be attending the San Francisco Folsom Street Fair this weekend? Attachment 6806Attachment 6807
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com