Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Never forget!

Never forget!

18 years ago today...

cover9.jpg
    Last edited by badrose; 09-11-2017 at 10:28 AM.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Unforgettable

Re: Never forget!

EVER

Unforgettable

some have unfortunately

Thanks, badrose.

I'm worried about people I know in Florida right now having homes to go back to, including my nephew and his family in Tampa; my daughter in south Georgia(ish) with Tropical Storm Irma and her away from home for the first time (on her own, at least), and some other issues like that. But we'll never forget 9/11; nor should we.

I remember exactly what we were discussing and doing when it happened. I also recall yelling at those covering the story on TV that the first building had fallen.

And then a few days after, while listening to our leadership say citizens would have to sacrifice some liberties to fight this often unseen foe, for the sake of homeland security. My older cousin then looked solemnly at me and said..."we lost"

Both are seared into my memory.
    Last edited by kingcat; 09-11-2017 at 08:22 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by jazyd View Post
    some have unfortunately
    Not those who were alive
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Not those who were alive
    I saw a stat yesterday that 69,000,000 Americans were born after 9/11. Time really does march on.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Never forget!

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    I saw a stat yesterday that 69,000,000 Americans were born after 9/11. Time really does march on.
    Wow. That's startling.

The live image of the 2nd plane smashing into the WTC is burned into my memory. I was working in my home office on that morning and I got a call from my wife asking me if I was watching the news. She told me that a plane had crashed into one of the towers and I should turn on the TV to get the news. I did turn it on and a minute or two later the 2nd "bombing" took place.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    The live image of the 2nd plane smashing into the WTC is burned into my memory. I was working in my home office on that morning and I got a call from my wife asking me if I was watching the news. She told me that a plane had crashed into one of the towers and I should turn on the TV to get the news. I did turn it on and a minute or two later the 2nd "bombing" took place.
    Yes--I was working (at a military installation, ironically) when a co-worker came by and told me about the first plane hitting the WTC. I kind of wrote that off mentally as an unfortunate accident, but walked out to look at the TV when I saw the 2nd one hit. I knew at that point these were not accidents and our world had changed.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19