Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: CBD Oil

  1. #1

    CBD Oil

    Any of you ever tried this? My VA doctor told me about it a couple weeks ago. Said a bunch of her vets from 25-85 swear by it. I did some research and apparently it's pretty legit stuff. It's made from marijuana but does not contain any of the THC (illegal 'in some states' get you high stuff).

    Really haven't found any negative about it. The mrs, is still undergoing a lot of sciatic/back & leg issues, plus my knees, not to mention my depression I fight. Well I asked around and one my friendly farmers comes out of her house and hands me a jar of CBD tincture. Said she rubs it on her joints and feels great. I went ahead and ordered some oral mix online. I've been on it 2 days and so help me, my knees have NO pain. None. I can't even recreate some aggravating positions. It seems to help the Mrs. but she needs a bit of higher dose.

    The dosage of this 350mg bottle is about the size of a grain of rice out of a dropper. Place it under tongue, let it sit about 10 seconds before swallowing and that's it. Couple times a day. I found out it's also in cream form and I can go pay 50 bucks for a medical marijuana card from some doctor and buy it over the counter at some dispensary's in town!
    My Photography Page; http://rogerelliottphotography.com/

  2. #2

    Re: CBD Oil

    More power to you, CG.

    It's good to see so many of the myths associated with cannabis being squashed by actual user accounts.

    I am familiar with your product. I know MANY folks that use various cannabis oils, tinctures, edibles, and the good ol' smokable stuff and it is not uncommon at all for folks to have success treating certain types of back and joint pain. I know even more who have found it to help with depression, even though I am more knowledgeable about how that has been helped with THC-included forms.

    Personally, I learned of the medicinal value of cannabis about 25 years ago when it was truly the only thing that would help me with very severe nausea associated with a cancer I had been diagnosed with (caught early, cured quickly FWIW). I went from the worst nausea, by far, of my life (vomiting six times in 20 minutes on the morning I made the leap to weed to help) to ordering a pizza within, literally, FIVE minutes from smoking.

    I love that there are so many options out there now. That's all folks need: choices beyond super-addictive opioids and hard liquor, both categories being FAR worse, in terms of side effects or, even worse, having no efficacy whatsoever.

    Congrats on finding help for yourself.
    "Shut your eyes and you'll burst into flame"

  3. #3

    Re: CBD Oil

    It's definitely an interesting thing. From what you describe, I'd have looked for any type of relief from every source I could also. Good for you for finding it and getting relief.

    It's an interesting dilemma for me. 31 years involved with the Coast Guard, they frown on that stuff, so I "feel" very odd researching and talking about it. I'm looking over my shoulder a lot waiting to be jumped by cops for even considering it. ha
    My Photography Page; http://rogerelliottphotography.com/

  4. #4

    Re: CBD Oil

    There are a lot of benefits to be found in a variety of controlled/illegal substances:

    1. Cannabis - A variety of treatments with various amounts of success, everything from pain relief, increasing appetite, stress-relief, etc. Agreeably less harmful at high doses than alcohol, at low doses, lower, similar or higher levels of harm depending on the mode of ingestion.
    2. Ketamine - Literally one of the best treatments for otherwise treatment-resistant suicidal depression. The suicidal tendencies essentially melt away for multiple weeks.
    3. Amphetamine - ADHD treatment, it works very very well. I say this as a sufferer of ADHD that has taken medicine since childhood.
    4. MDMA - HUGE promise in the treatment of PTSD. When used in a therapeutic setting, it allows the PTSD sufferer to address the mental implications of a trauma in a neutral and more healthy light. Allowing them to rebuild the traumatic connections, which cause the PTSD triggers, into more healthy and sustainable ones.
    5. LSD - Interesting and very promissing results for anxiety, narcissism and depression
    6. Mushrooms - Similar to LSD.


    The current system of drugs is simply not working, AT ALL. So much good and promising research has been fought against tooth and nail because the drugs were deemed to have no medical benefit.

  5. #5

    Re: CBD Oil

    Is that 10w-30 synthetic blend?

  6. #6

    Re: CBD Oil

    Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Is that 10w-30 synthetic blend?
    Do they run cannabis now like they use to run shine? Put it in the car itself and then drain it out?
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

  7. #7
    Fiddlin' Five bigsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bozeman MT
    Posts
    6,323

    Re: CBD Oil

    The use of cannabis for MS will convert almost anyone. People's lives change dramatically.

    Since I was treasurer and spokesman for the pro mmj initiative last year for Montana I heard too many stories from even conservative church going ms sufferers to not be convinced, paticularly as used to relieve painful muscle spasticity.

    The use for pain and mental and physical relief for cancer patients is less convincing but they've got cancer and Jeff Sessions sucks.

  8. #8

    Re: CBD Oil

    I have MS, and you have piqued my curiosity now.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    The use of cannabis for MS will convert almost anyone. People's lives change dramatically.

    Since I was treasurer and spokesman for the pro mmj initiative last year for Montana I heard too many stories from even conservative church going ms sufferers to not be convinced, paticularly as used to relieve painful muscle spasticity.

    The use for pain and mental and physical relief for cancer patients is less convincing but they've got cancer and Jeff Sessions sucks.

  9. #9

    Re: CBD Oil

    Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    The use for pain and mental and physical relief for cancer patients is less convincing but they've got cancer and Jeff Sessions sucks.
    For those on chemo, the ability to actually consume food is quite important as well. Agree about Jeff Sessions and his view on MMJ.

  10. #10

    Re: CBD Oil

    Sessions is a mixed bag for me. I'm OK with some of what he is reviewing, but his stance on pot is outdated (I dislike drug use in the extreme but I'm tired of this obviously failed war on drugs strategy that drains our treasure and has helped no one at all) and his stance on "civil forfeiture" is insulting and blatantly unconstitutional. They call it that b/c "seizure at the point of a gun without due process" doesn't sound as palatable.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

  11. #11

    Re: CBD Oil

    As for this remedy I'm intrigued. Not for me, but I have a friend who suffers with constant joint and back pain.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

  12. #12
    Fiddlin' Five bigsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bozeman MT
    Posts
    6,323

    Re: CBD Oil

    Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    I have MS, and you have piqued my curiosity now.
    So there is a particular strain, Charlotte's Web, I believe, low in THC and high in cbd.

    https://www.leafly.com/sativa/charlottes-web

    Not a perfect source but a start to the investigation with a mention of the guys in Colorado doing the research.

  13. #13
    Fiddlin' Five bigsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bozeman MT
    Posts
    6,323

    Re: CBD Oil

    Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    I have MS, and you have piqued my curiosity now.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    For those on chemo, the ability to actually consume food is quite important as well. Agree about Jeff Sessions and his view on MMJ.
    Not downplaying its rile in cancer pain and chronic pain and sidenaffects cancer f chemo, just highlighting the over the top incredibly believable and moving testimony from MS patients

    So a preacher/priest whatever came to see me about mmj. Told me that the sheriff gives him the best stuff he confiscates to distribute to the sick.

    i hope you check it out and it works for you.

  14. #14

    Re: CBD Oil

    I have to thank both you Bigsky for steering me in this direction and CG Wildcat for starting this thread.
    Let me preface this by acknowledging I am a skeptic among skeptics. I bought a 1 oz bottle of this to give it a trial and all I can say is wow...
    MS constantly has me in a spastic muscular state. I'm always stiff after sitting for even 15 minutes or so, and especially so after a night of sleep.
    This stuff relieves that and I noticed it the next morning after taking the recommend base dose.
    Thank you again!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    So there is a particular strain, Charlotte's Web, I believe, low in THC and high in cbd.

    https://www.leafly.com/sativa/charlottes-web

    Not a perfect source but a start to the investigation with a mention of the guys in Colorado doing the research.

  15. #15

    Re: CBD Oil

    hottin, is that the one you ordered? I've looked into this for a friend after reading this thread, need to order something for her to try. She has a lot of pain from back and other issues.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

  16. #16

    CBD Oil

    Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    I have to thank both you Bigsky for steering me in this direction and CG Wildcat for starting this thread.
    Let me preface this by acknowledging I am a skeptic among skeptics. I bought a 1 oz bottle of this to give it a trial and all I can say is wow...
    MS constantly has me in a spastic muscular state. I'm always stiff after sitting for even 15 minutes or so, and especially so after a night of sleep.
    This stuff relieves that and I noticed it the next morning after taking the recommend base dose.
    Thank you again!
    That is fantastic. Thanks for the update.

  17. #17
    Fiddlin' Five badrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of the Enemy
    Posts
    5,973

    Re: CBD Oil

    A sheriff from a nearby county came in to my store several months ago. I don't remember how we got on the subject but he told me the reason pot is still illegal is because it was lucrative income for the county from confiscations of property.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

  18. #18

    Re: CBD Oil

    CWhemp is what I ordered. It has the most cannibinol (sp?) per dropper. It works, I'm flat out stunned too...
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    hottin, is that the one you ordered? I've looked into this for a friend after reading this thread, need to order something for her to try. She has a lot of pain from back and other issues.

  19. #19

    CBD Oil

    Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    CWhemp is what I ordered. It has the most cannibinol (sp?) per dropper. It works, I'm flat out stunned too...
    That is incredible news, I'm very very glad it works for you. Just another of many many success stories.

    Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

  20. #20
    Fiddlin' Five bigsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bozeman MT
    Posts
    6,323

    Re: CBD Oil

    "Must be dust or smoke that's in my eyes". I admit to being a sap and too emotional. Thank you for reporting back.

  21. #21

    Re: CBD Oil

    Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    I have to thank both you Bigsky for steering me in this direction and CG Wildcat for starting this thread.
    Let me preface this by acknowledging I am a skeptic among skeptics. I bought a 1 oz bottle of this to give it a trial and all I can say is wow...
    MS constantly has me in a spastic muscular state. I'm always stiff after sitting for even 15 minutes or so, and especially so after a night of sleep.
    This stuff relieves that and I noticed it the next morning after taking the recommend base dose.
    Thank you again!
    Thrilled to hear this for you!!! I have found myself to be rather sleepy the next morning after taking it before bed. PLUS I have a couple irons (job possibities) in the fire and cbd cannot hide from those tests....so Im hesitant to take any for awhile.
    My Photography Page; http://rogerelliottphotography.com/

  22. #22

    Re: CBD Oil

    Quote Originally Posted by CGWildcat View Post
    Thrilled to hear this for you!!! I have found myself to be rather sleepy the next morning after taking it before bed. PLUS I have a couple irons (job possibities) in the fire and cbd cannot hide from those tests....so Im hesitant to take any for awhile.
    It still bothers me that companies test for this. I can understand testing for harder drugs such as cocaine, heroin, and methamphetamines, but testing for lesser drugs like marijuana, LSD, MDMA, etc. is just a waste of money. Thankfully, at least in my field, more and more companies are excluding marijuana from their testing schedule, if they test at all.

  23. #23

    Re: CBD Oil

    Quote Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
    It still bothers me that companies test for this. I can understand testing for harder drugs such as cocaine, heroin, and methamphetamines, but testing for lesser drugs like marijuana, LSD, MDMA, etc. is just a waste of money. Thankfully, at least in my field, more and more companies are excluding marijuana from their testing schedule, if they test at all.
    I agree with you Pedro, and to be clear, the jobs I'm in the running for are with the city of San Francisco. They would probably just laugh at me if it popped up by having so very little in me.
    My Photography Page; http://rogerelliottphotography.com/

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •