Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Final Regular Season Stupid Underdog Pick Standings (and Sad Second Chancers)

Final Regular Season Stupid Underdog Pick Standings (and Sad Second Chancers)

Congratulations to UKFlounder, who had a remarkable year this year. In 14 weeks, he correctly selected 9 outright winners. Considering he went scoreless the first 2 weeks, that meant he was a red-hot 9 out of 12 the final 12 weeks of the season--including the last 4 weeks in a row. Wow.

Also a special note to ram, who managed to sneak into 3rd place. You think a 2.5 point underdog won't add up? Managed to move him from 4th to 3rd.

Here are the final regular season results. Remember, look for the Bowl Game Edition to be put up later today, too. This is just the Regular Season Championship.

Name Total

1. UKFlounder 52.5
    2. blueboss 43
    3. ram 40
    4. thedonnie123 39
    5. SalsaKat 37

6. Scout714 36
    7. Bluetothebone 32
    8. Lfbj00 31
    9. Catfan73 27.5
    10. bluesuedeshoes 26.5

11. truecatsfan 25.5
    12. CatinIL 24.5
    13. fastkat 23
    14. LePaige 20.5
    15. Doc 18.5

16. DarrellKSR 16
    17. millsforthree 11
    18. BudCat_upthecreek 4.5
    19. dethbylt 4
    20. critter 1.5

bigronhahn1011 0
    CatinIL 0
    Catonahottinroof 0
    CGFootball5307 0
    Jeeepcat 0
    Jimcats 0
    Kingcat 0
    KSRBEvans 0
    missile67 0
    MTCatfan 0
    PJ4UK 0
    UKDream 0
    Virginiacat 0

Re: Final Regular Season Stupid Underdog Pick Standings (and Sad Second Chancers)

Wow--super close in the coveted "Sad Second Chancers Season Standings." Remember where I just said you don't think a 2.5 point underdog can make much difference, and pointed to ram's pick of 2.5 point dog Wisconsin over Nebraska, moving him from 4th to 3rd in the final season standings?

Check out the Sad Second Chance standings. Congrats, ram--well done.

Name Total

1. ram 33
    2. SalsaKat 32
    3. UKFlounder 29
    4. blueboss 25
    5. thedonnie123 21
    5. Bluetothebone 21

7. Scout714 18.5
    8. Catfan73 17
    9. DarrellKSR 16
    9. truecatsfan 16

11. LePaige 13.5
    11. bluesuedeshoes 13.5
    11. Lfbj00 13.5
    11. fastkat 13.5
    15. CatinIL 12.5
    16. millsforthree 4

Doc 0
    BudCat_upthecreek 0
    dethbylt 0
    critter 0
    bigronhahn1011 0
    CatinIL 0
    Catonahottinroof 0
    CGFootball5307 0
    Jeeepcat 0
    Jimcats 0
    Kingcat 0
    KSRBEvans 0
    missile67 0
    MTCatfan 0
    PJ4UK 0
    UKDream 0
    Virginiacat 0
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 12-04-2012 at 12:21 AM.

Re: Final Regular Season Stupid Underdog Pick Standings (and Sad Second Chancers)

I actually got more points in the 2nd half and finished 3rd there, so thankfully I had some luck in the first half.

It's amazing how close a lot of these games were. My first game, Ga Tech in OT and the 2nd week, my pick lost by something like 10-9. Of course, that balances out with ULM coming back to beat WKY in OT, Cincinnati beating VTech at the end of the game and Missouri coming back at Tennessee in multiple OTs. My score could have been even better or much, much worse, with just a few points here and there. It made scoreboard watching a bit more nerve-wrecking, especially with the Cats not being so competitive this year.

I may have to stop here and not play next year. I'm not sure I can ever top this - far better than I had ever done before.

I'd prefer cash instead of a check.
    Thanks,
    ram

I tried to catch me a flounder, but my luck was not quite long enough.

Even though I couldn't reach the top spot with my week 13 pick it didn't get added to my sad 2nd chance total which would move me to the top 5.
    Last edited by blueboss; 12-03-2012 at 05:58 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I tried to catch me a flounder, but my luck was not quite long enough.

Even though I couldn't reach the top spot with my week 13 pick it didn't get added to my sad 2nd chance total which would move me to the top 5.
    Look again!

Thanks for the update--I checked, and you were right--the 11 point winner you had in week 13 was added only to the Regular Season, and it was (temporarily) skipped for the Sad Second Chancers. It is now fixed. Congrats!