Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Echo in my car

Echo in my car

I picked up a couple of Echo Dots at a good price, gave them to my sons and they like them.

Picked up two more at better prices (free) and I've just started using them. One that intrigued me was using it in my car.

Have to finish preparing for class, so I can't do this post justice. But it was really easy to do, and will allow me to ride down the road, set reminders, add things to my calendar or my to do list, and even play Sirius XM Radio without my car having a SiriusXM Radio installed. I don't have anything smart in my home, and that goes very broadly for a lot of things, so I can't tell it to change my thermostat, turn off my lights, etc., but what it does is pretty cool in the car.

I have some videos of my daughter singing in various performances, and I converted those to MP3, uploaded them to my Amazon music library, and created a playlist when I just want to hear her voice singing while she is away at college. Dumb, but I have enjoyed it.

Re: Echo in my car

Enjoying our loved ones is never dumb.
    Good on you Mr. Cartwright.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Rupp's Runt

I have an Echo in my car. It is 3 years old now and I call her Emily.

Is this anything like the voices in my head?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

Hope not Citizen. Mine repeats everything. And occasionly screams for no apparent reason. Then laughs about it....

Echo in my car

When I read the title to the thread I said to myself "here we go, what now" thinking it was the phenomenon not the device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Do I understand correctly that these echo dots are the "Alexa" commercials on tv?
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by CGWildcat View Post
    Do I understand correctly that these echo dots are the "Alexa" commercials on tv?
    I haven't seen the commercials, but sounds like it.

FWIW, I learned a new trick with it yesterday. If you have a Kindle book collection, you can ask Alexa to read your book as an audiobook. It will be read in "her" voice, and it's not nearly as good as a true audiobook, but if you are like me, and you read a Kindle book, and then get in the car, it can pick up where you left off, and read to you while driving. Then when you pick up your Kindle again it will go to where "Alexa" stopped reading. Pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    I have an Echo in my car. It is 3 years old now and I call her Emily.
    I've had one 30 years...I call her Shawn. She tells me all the stuff I do wrong, when I'm driving too fast, reminds to take out the trash, wash dishes, etc...
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Mine is the "Peg"...
    Never needs charging or plugging in...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Fab Five

Be careful what you listen to on Sirius if your tastes run to George Strait or Hank jr. you don’t want all hell breaking loose in your car.
    Real Fan since 1958