Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Point spreads week 2 thoughts

Oregon -14 at home vs. Nebraska...Ducks cover (haha duck and cover)

Wisconsin -31.5 at home vs. FAU....way too many points to actually bet but Wisky covers as the Kiffin train wreck continues.

South Florida -17.5 at UConn...just how overrated was USF? Not sure but they probably win and fail to cover for the third week in a row.

Louisville -8 at N. Carolina....I should have taken Cal over UNC in the sup contest....Louisville missed covering at Purdue by 18.5; UNC by 18 in the loss to Cal. It should be dubbed the Strippers vs. Skippers Bowl. I think UL probably wins without covering again but to be honest I don't really care.

Penn State -20.5 vs. Pitt....PSU covers....might be the best team in the Big 10 this year.

Missouri -2.5 vs. S. Carolina...gamecocks should be the favorite here.

Clemson -5.5 vs. Auburn...Gus needs this one in order to bank some goodwill...War Eagles in a close one.

Notre Dame -6.5 vs. Georgia...Bulldogs had a better warm-up in Appy St. than did the Irish against Temple. Still hard to pick Georgia at the golden dome but even if the Irish win they won't cover.

Southern Cal -7 vs. Stanford....Should be down around -3 or -4. Stanford shows everyone why.
    Last edited by Catfan73; 09-04-2017 at 06:05 PM.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Re: Point spreads week 2 thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Missouri -2.5 vs. S. Carolina...gamecocks should be the favorite here.
    Agreed. 70 offensive points against a FCS team doesn't impress me much, particularly when they could have allowed 50 (actually allowed 43).

Georgia's quarterback is out vs. ND.

Point spreads week 2 thoughts

Ugh. Didn't know that.

Also keep an eye on Arkansas State +14.5 at home vs. Miami...they may not win but that's too many points, and New Mexico St. +7.5 at New Mexico....looks like an upset.

Arkansas State and Miami game has been canceled.

Looks like these cancellations are getting to be an every year occurance. Don't blame them though.

Looks like these cancellations are getting to be an every year occurance. Don't blame them though.
    Absolutely. Football is a game. Entertainment. Real lives are at stake with this kind of stuff. I admit, I hesitated on the cancelling of the game, since it was an away game, but I had a couple of you point out the logistics of why it matters, including departures, returns, families, etc. I get it.

Fab Five

Won't be a major factor. The freshman will get it done. Just keep handing off to the running backs and occassionally launch a long one downfield. ND can't stop Uga's running game and Georgia's defense will win the day.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Won't be a major factor. The freshman will get it done. Just keep handing off to the running backs and occassionally launch a long one downfield. ND can't stop Uga's running game and Georgia's defense will win the day.

No joke, Chubb and Michel are one heck of a one-two punch.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Oregon failed to cover at home against the Cornhuskers and Southern Cal manhandled Stanford. Looks like USC is the power in the west.

Wisky only beat FAU by 17 but not sure yet if that really means much. Penn State didn't cover against Pitt but they still look good, as much as I dislike James Franklin.

South Florida at UConn got cancelled.

Louisville covered at N. Carolina but are looking more and more like a one-man team. Clemson covered against Auburn in a defensive battle, sacking Stidham an eye-popping 11 times. Last year they sacked Jackson 5 times, had 9 hurries, and 10 tackles for loss.

Georgia won by one at Notre Dame with a freshman quarterback and a strong ground game. When does Eason come back and how much longer does Brian Kelly have?

And our foe this week, South Carolina, won fairly easily at Missouri but in fairly unimpressive fashion, getting outgained but winning the turnover battle 0-3. At NC State they got outgained but won that turnover battle 1-2. Deebo Samuel has 5 of their 9 touchdowns in two games and is a game changer. Don't try to cover him one on one and whatever you do,don't kick the ball to him.