Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Irma

Re: Irma

Jeez. Unreal power.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

My daughter and her husband are on a cruise down there right now. Heard from her today. She said they were okay for now and in St. Kitts. Hitting Bonaire tomorrow, but they shore up in Puerto Rico to fly back to Miami....sooooooo Prayers please.
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Definitely Homestead. I was in Opa Locka on duty that night.
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by CGWildcat View Post
    My daughter and her husband are on a cruise down there right now. Heard from her today. She said they were okay for now and in St. Kitts. Hitting Bonaire tomorrow, but they shore up in Puerto Rico to fly back to Miami....sooooooo Prayers please.
    Im surprised they didnt reroute the cruise.

I was suppose to go to a wedding today on a cruise ship in Cape Canaveral. The wedding was to take place in port on the ship and then the guests disembark except for those going on the cruise (bride, groom, some of the family). It all got cancelled and after some scrambling they held it at a restaurant last night. Of course it was appropriate for the couple as its both of their second marriage....to each other. They "accidently" had a kid in college, then got married, he caught her in bed with another man, divorced, got back together and are now remarried. So an altered wedding plan due to a hurricane is par for the course
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    Where was the dumb ass weather reporter, usually eye candy, in a rain slicker that the networks stick in front of the camera to tell you how dangerous it is and to not go out, at? Probably got blown away too
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    That NOT what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    That NOT what I want.
    Doc, I enlarged it and got more detail, and it looked very bad for your town. I know a "jig" here or there can make a ton of difference, so hopefully that will occur.

Had someone tell me this morning to buy a couple of big gas cans and fill them up, and keep both cars topped off, said shortages are coming. I'm not sure how true it might be but it doesn't sound like a bad idea.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

I just finished putting up the majority of my hurricane shutters. Still have 3 big sliding glass door but want them open until the last minute as well as our chimney box (wood box that goes over the chimney then is tap conned into the concrete--although this time I might also strap it down as well!). Also one outdoor TV that I have to pull down and Direct TV dish.

Also trying to figure out which cars get the garage. Of course the 2 motorcycles have one but that also has tons of crap in it. The other one holds two cars after we cleaned it out and 4 candidates (Darrell thought it would be 5----I manage to reduce by one as my daughter is working for the Police dept and is on the next five days). Probably be the boys car since he has liabilty only where as I have total coverage. Of course I wouldn't consider leaving Shawn's car outside.

Have 75% full tank of propane... a full tank gets me about a week of generator power so I figure I got 4 to 5 days of juice one we lose power. Filled up the cars with gas and got some cash.

Think that the last prep we have. Got beer, bourbon, chips and hot dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Had someone tell me this morning to buy a couple of big gas cans and fill them up, and keep both cars topped off, said shortages are coming. I'm not sure how true it might be but it doesn't sound like a bad idea.
    The helpful hints I got.... things like fill up zip lock bags and freeze them, turn your to max cold now, etc... are mostly stupid common sense. One person suggest I put my important paper inside my dishwasher because its "waterproof".

Fab Five

Folks in Kentucky should also take note of some of the latest models. Several show the sorms, after landfall in SC, the doing a loop de loop in Southeastern Ky. It looks like the center would be in the Middlesboro/Lake Cumberland/Danville areas of the state before exiting to West Va. winds shouldn't be a major concern, but flooding could be amsignificant issue. Don't have a link tomthe site, but folks back home should be on watch.
    Real Fan since 1958

Fab Five

Has anyone heard from Suncat. This storm can't be good news for the Lake Okachobee area.
    Real Fan since 1958

Irma

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Has anyone heard from Suncat. This storm can't be good news for the Lake Okachobee area.
    Very concerned.

Irma

I just finished putting up the majority of my hurricane shutters. Still have 3 big sliding glass door but want them open until the last minute as well as our chimney box (wood box that goes over the chimney then is tap conned into the concrete--although this time I might also strap it down as well!). Also one outdoor TV that I have to pull down and Direct TV dish.

Also trying to figure out which cars get the garage. Of course the 2 motorcycles have one but that also has tons of crap in it. The other one holds two cars after we cleaned it out and 4 candidates (Darrell thought it would be 5----I manage to reduce by one as my daughter is working for the Police dept and is on the next five days). Probably be the boys car since he has liabilty only where as I have total coverage. Of course I wouldn't consider leaving Shawn's car outside.

Have 75% full tank of propane... a full tank gets me about a week of generator power so I figure I got 4 to 5 days of juice one we lose power. Filled up the cars with gas and got some cash.

Think that the last prep we have. Got beer, bourbon, chips and hot dogs.
    Take the #8 car and slide it behind the #9 car, then pull the #4 car down and shove over the other column. Then take the #3, do a "L" move with it and backward, and repeat. Then I don't know what you do with the motorcycles.

My only other suggestion is to power bank your cell phones in case you need to post a recruiting thought. Remember what's important.

Easy roof access might be important

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Gov. Rick Scott has also ordered mandatory evacuations for 7 cities along the southern part of Lake Okeechobee

The cities are:
    - South Bay
    - Lake Harbor
    - Pahokee
    - Moore Haven
    - Clewiston
    - Belle Glade
    - Canal Point

Fab Five

Isn't Moore Haven where Suncat is? Godspeed!
    Real Fan since 1958

Yup that is his locale. I also feel sure he is working his butt off. Take care suncat!!!!!!!!!
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Irma

Keep your head down Suncat...Know you're going to be out in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Take the #8 car and slide it behind the #9 car, then pull the #4 car down and shove over the other column. Then take the #3, do a "L" move with it and backward, and repeat. Then I don't know what you do with the motorcycles.

My only other suggestion is to power bank your cell phones in case you need to post a recruiting thought. Remember what's important.
    Car 3 has no reverse

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Easy roof access might be important
    Bought 5 lifejackets and 2 umbrellas today

He is in LaBelle

Looks like ill still be able to see the UK game as ot wont get bad till late Sat, then all day Sunday

Looks like ill still be able to see the UK game as ot wont get bad till late Sat, then all day Sunday
    It may get bad between 12 and 3 on Saturday, just not where you live.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Was in Perdido Key last night & went in a Publix to get some things -all the water was gone. I mean, every last bottle. And Perdido's way west of the projected path & this was 4-5 days before it would hit, anyway. This definitely has everyone's attention. Hang tight, Doc, suncat & others in the path.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 09-07-2017 at 10:34 PM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Was in Perdido Key last night & went in a Publix to get some things -all the water was gone. I mean, every last bottle. And Perdido's way west of the projected path & this was 4-5 days before it would hit, anyway. This definitely has everyone's attention. Hang tight, Doc, suncat & others in the path.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Isn't Perdido Key out at the edge of the Fla. panhandle next to Gulf Shores? That's a LONG way from this thing for people to be hoarding water. Dang.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Isn't Perdido Key out at the edge of the Fla. panhandle next to Gulf Shores? That's a LONG way from this thing for people to be hoarding water. Dang.
    Yep. About as west as you can get & still be in Florida. Found it very odd.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19