Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Re: All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    Mr. Bean is another in that genre. There's very little dialogue but his thought process in how he accomplishes his tasks is hilarious. For instance, he drives to a park to have a personal picnic while a car thief attempts to break in and steal his car only to find out the steering wheel is missing. Bean had put it in his picnic basket.
    Rowan Atkinson is a genius. I prefer his work in Blackadder more b/c it's more the banter and such, Bean is great but more of his physical side. he's one of the most broadly skilled comedians IMO in all of British humor. he can do the intellectual English stuff and the physical stuff just as easy.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    I love 12 Angry Men but I wouldn't rate it as one of the top 5 movies ever made. And any rating system that has Casablanca #36...well, as the kids say, I can't even.

Here's an article on why IMDB should scrap its rating system:

https://screenrant.com/imdb-ratings-...ser-score-bad/
    There are several ties regarding the average scores in which Casablanca would be tied for seventh. I suspect that voting is at least somewhat impacted by generational influences. Personally, I'm turned off by the glut of superhero offerings out there with which the difference with 100% animation is thin. I can suspend my disbelief to a point but give me a reason to stay engaged. Lord of the Rings, for example, accomplishes the task quite well IMO because the human element dominates. I don't rate movies I haven't seen so I don't impact their ratings at all.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

The Masters has uploaded to YouTube every final round of the Masters dating back to 1968:

http://golfweek.com/2018/03/19/last-...ow-on-youtube/
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

The Masters has uploaded to YouTube every final round of the Masters dating back to 1968:

http://golfweek.com/2018/03/19/last-...ow-on-youtube/
    Wow. Thanks.

Better download them. The makers of Ambien have petitioned google to have them removed. cutting into their sales.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Recent DVD viewings:

--Thank You For Your Service: good but dark and really highlights how lacking our system of assisting veterans truly is.

--Only The Brave: Really good movie. Any day I get to look at Jennifer Connelly is a good day, but good movie, too. Josh Brolin, Jeff Bridges, Miles Teller all very good in this.

--Darkest Hour: Saw it in the theater and liked it. Holds up on re-watching IMHO.

Also saw George Harrison: Living In The Material World on Netflix. Scorsese documentary on Harrison's life. Really well done and a good discussion of all he did after the Beatles break-up, including his solo career, the Wilburys and his contributions to Monty Python and starting his own film production company. A really interesting guy, arguably the most interesting of all the Beatles.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Recent DVD viewings:

--Thank You For Your Service: good but dark and really highlights how lacking our system of assisting veterans truly is.

--Only The Brave: Really good movie. Any day I get to look at Jennifer Connelly is a good day, but good movie, too. Josh Brolin, Jeff Bridges, Miles Teller all very good in this.

--Darkest Hour: Saw it in the theater and liked it. Holds up on re-watching IMHO.

Also saw George Harrison: Living In The Material World on Netflix. Scorsese documentary on Harrison's life. Really well done and a good discussion of all he did after the Beatles break-up, including his solo career, the Wilburys and his contributions to Monty Python and starting his own film production company. A really interesting guy, arguably the most interesting of all the Beatles.
    I'll have to check them out. Thanks!

Tonight I'm doing a double-feature with The Sting followed by Young Guns.

Mental Floss article: 29 Fun Facts about "My Cousin Vinny"

WOW! Excellent read! I've gotta watch it again.

Rupp's Runt

Any newer western recommendations? Maybe some netflix originals.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Any newer western recommendations? Maybe some netflix originals.
    I did a search on Netflix for westerns and found a few but most listed weren't westerns as we know it if at all. Longmire is a good series but more of a modern western. If you haven't seen Bone Tomahawk, that's a good one but with a twist. Not on Netflix but The Hateful Eight and 3:10 to Yuma are both pretty good.

Rupp's Runt

I did a search on Netflix for westerns and found a few but most listed weren't westerns as we know it if at all. Longmire is a good series but more of a modern western. If you haven't seen Bone Tomahawk, that's a good one but with a twist. Not on Netflix but The Hateful Eight and 3:10 to Yuma are both pretty good.
    I've seen 3:10 To Yuma, but that was when it came out. I could watch it again and it would probably be like the first time again lol

Not heard of Bone Tomahawk, and had forgotten about the Hateful Eight. I've seen Longmire on there, but no one I know watches it, so I might give it a try (modern might be good).

thanks

Netflix actually has an original Western series starring Michelle Dockery (from Downton Abbey, believe it or not) called "Godless." I haven't seen it but it looks interesting.

Netflix actually has an original Western series starring Michelle Dockery (from Downton Abbey, believe it or not) called "Godless." I haven't seen it but it looks interesting.
    I got to episode 4 and stopped. It's been a while and I can't remember why.

There's a website called What's on Netflix that provides what is coming to Netflix and what is leaving soon as well. I don't use it much but it can come in handy.

20 fun facts about your favorite sports movies.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/201...avorite-movies

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    20 fun facts about your favorite sports movies.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/201...avorite-movies
    4. Susan Sarandon auditioned for the role of Adrian in Rocky but was considered too attractive for the part.

Bette Midler and Cher were also considered before Talia Shire landed the part.​

Wise decision.

I may have posted this before but M. Night Shyamalan will be merging Bruce Willis' Unbreakable with James McAvoy's Split to complete the trilogy on Jan. 18, 2019. If you haven't seen both of them you'll want to do so between now and then. It's not often this kind of quality comes along.

I caught this on DRUDGE: Apparently there have been allegations that The Wizard of Oz munchkins sexually assaulted Judy Garland. The last munchkin alive refutes this.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-0...nchkin/9610256

I caught this on DRUDGE: Apparently there have been allegations that The Wizard of Oz munchkins sexually assaulted Judy Garland. The last munchkin alive refutes this.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-0...nchkin/9610256
    Likely depend on what you mean by "sexual assault". In that era leering at a pretty girl or even slapping her behind wasn't assault. Today it is. If one was looking up her skirt or put their hand up her skirt etc. that wouldn't shock me in that era either, and that's obviously not acceptable even then, but it's not the same in my use of the word as "assault". Should get the crap beaten out of you IMO, and back then that's how it was handled. Boyfriend/husband beat you up.

Given the nature of morality in Hollywood I'm sure this metoo thing is the very tip of the iceberg and that it was a LOT worse back then when studio execs and the power brokers had even more power over careers.

There have also been conflicting reports about their behavior generally, some saying it wasn't anything out of the ordinary for a movie environment (which probably means it was Caligula) and some saying it was insane and a huge problem. Probably was insane by our midwestern standards and probably not the worse Hollywood had seen by their standards. Their on location debauchery is legendary.

Season 4 of Bosch is now up on Amazon Prime video.

Rupp's Runt

I started Longmire. It is not bad. It moves a little slow but that is ok. I've been looking for a show to watch during the slower times and this is probably a good one for that. Will take me a while to finish the way I watch TV but that is what I was looking for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Westworld Season 2 starts tomorrow night on HBO.
    Last edited by badrose; 04-22-2018 at 07:12 AM.

Westworld Season 2 starts tomorrow night on HBO.
    Wow!! Just got through S2/E2. Going in about 9 different directions, took me an hour and a half to watch E2... this is getting good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

There's a show on BBC America called Killing Eve that's pretty good. IMdB has it with an 8.7 rating. It's 4 weeks into the season but if you get BBCA you can record what you've missed. Here's the link to the schedule: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7016936...ref_=tt_wbr_tv

It's about a female assassin in Europe who's about as cold-hearted as it gets and being tracked by a MI:5 agent who is also female and wanting a change of pace. I've enjoyed the first 4 eps and have found the plot approach kind of refreshing.
    Last edited by badrose; 05-06-2018 at 06:15 PM.

There's a show on BBC America called Killing Eve that's pretty good. IMdB has it with an 8.7 rating. It's 4 weeks into the season but if you get BBCA you can record what you've missed. Here's the link to the schedule: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7016936...ref_=tt_wbr_tv
    What's it about, badrose? Thanks for bringing this thread back up. With summer starting, there may be more time for television viewing.

It's about a female assassin in Europe who's about as cold-hearted as it gets and being tracked by a MI:5 agent who is also female and wanting a change of pace. I've enjoyed the first 4 eps and have found the plot approach kind of refreshing. The first episode will hook you. I would advise scheduling your recording starting next Sunday at 7AM and get them all at once and in order.
    Last edited by badrose; 05-06-2018 at 06:24 PM.

You can stream it here now starting with the 1st episode.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/full-episodes

It's about a female assassin in Europe who's about as cold-hearted as it gets and being tracked by a MI:5 agent who is also female and wanting a change of pace. I've enjoyed the first 4 eps and have found the plot approach kind of refreshing. The first episode will hook you. I would advise scheduling your recording starting next Sunday at 7AM and get them all at once and in order.
    Thanks. Sounds right up my alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Thanks. Sounds right up my alley.
    If you stream, there's a link above.