Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1335

Thread: All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

Re: All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

Seen over the last week:

--Guardians of the Galaxy: Didn't really like it. Got to a good place at the end, but I didn't like the journey. Rocket's origin story grossed me out and made me sad.

--A Man Called Otto: Really liked it. It was faithful to the original (A Man Called Ove) but was different enough that it was enjoyable. Tom Hanks was awesome, as always.

--Ted Lasso: Season (series?) finale was last night. This episode was the best of what I think was an uneven season 3. It was very good, as was the next-to-last episode, with lots of callbacks to the start. If I rewatch the series in the future, I'll probably watch the first 2 seasons and jump right to the last 2 episodes of season 3.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

MAX has Murder at Carter County Mines. Carter County, Kentucky. Wasn’t great but wasn’t bad.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

I was just in Carter County a couple of weekends ago. 16th Region! Beautiful country.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Seen over the last week:

--Guardians of the Galaxy: Didn't really like it. Got to a good place at the end, but I didn't like the journey. Rocket's origin story grossed me out and made me sad.

--A Man Called Otto: Really liked it. It was faithful to the original (A Man Called Ove) but was different enough that it was enjoyable. Tom Hanks was awesome, as always.

--Ted Lasso: Season (series?) finale was last night. This episode was the best of what I think was an uneven season 3. It was very good, as was the next-to-last episode, with lots of callbacks to the start. If I rewatch the series in the future, I'll probably watch the first 2 seasons and jump right to the last 2 episodes of season 3.
    Otto, was probably not the greatest choices of movies for me to watch given my current life hurdles…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

^Ouch--yep, I get that, blueboss. Hang in there, my friend.

Don't know if this is something for all Millenials, but my kids love some classic 70s and 80s TV shows. They both love Matlock and Golden Girls, and the daughter has discovered The Love Boat. We watched 2 episodes last night--one had Billy Crystal and the other had Vincent Prince. They were funnier than I expected!

Neither watches any current network TV--it's basically Netflix and classic TV.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 07-21-2023 at 07:42 AM.

Binge watched all of the Indiana Jones movies last weekend. I had forgotten how campy they all were, but they were a good tune up for the upcoming final movie of that series.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Just flipped channel and saw Karate Kid on for the 1100th time and watched the tournament.

Every time I watch I this must be what Barney Fife looked like as a kid.

TV died last week. It was 13 years old, so can't complain.

We spent almost $1000 (on sale) on that 46 inch TV in 2009. Ordered a 50 inch TV, 4K, UHD, Roku built in, delivered to the door today for $299. America is already great.

Had almost the same experience you had, BEvans. We had a 42" Philips that was on its last legs (we had to keep it on 24/7, or else, it was a real bear to get "booted up" again), and I think we spent like $800 on sale for it. Got a 55" JVC 4k UHD 2160p HDR Roku for $248 from Wally World last week. We aren't big audio/video people; a standard TV is fine for us, but the speaker was so awful that we picked up an inexpensive sound bar from Amazon to add to it, and now it's great.

Funny thing--I remember getting the 42" TV and remarking how light it was, compared to the old TVs with picture tubes. I didn't weigh the TVs, but the Philips is significantly heavier than the JVC, which is light as a feather.

I have a 55” Samsung sitting in the corner of my basement that I’ve been pondering how to get rid of. The LED reflectors or whatever they are started to slide down behind the screen, leaving white spots. It’s not that old—probably 10 years give or take but it was on all the time in my son’s room and that might just be the life expectancy for a flat screen tv now? I guess I’ll wait for junk day and put it out on the curb.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

just started watching Lucifer, on Netflix. Binged 3 episodes last night. Came away impressed. Good show!
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

If you've never seen Band of Brothers or The Pacific because you didn't have HBO, both are now on Netflix. Both are sensational.

If you've never seen Band of Brothers or The Pacific because you didn't have HBO, both are now on Netflix. Both are sensational.
    Band of Brothers has been on my "need to watch" list for a long time. I'll make a point of watching it now. It has been so highly recommended it's a shame I haven't seen it yet, but it does give me something to look forward to.

My wife and I started watching Broadchurch again last night, season 1. I've seen all 3 seasons; she's never seen it. I enjoy, after a period of time, going back and rewatching things like that, even though I know how it ends, as I look for different things. She was unsure about it before we started. We watched 4 episodes (season 1 is 8) last night and she wanted to watch more, but it was 11 p.m. and I had to work this morning lol.

We'll watch the final 4 episodes tonight. I'll try to get it started before 7. Fortunately, I have it without commercials, so each episode is about 45 minutes, and should be done by 10.

YouTube's algorithm started serving me clips from Chernobyl. I watched a couple and that got me interested in rewatching it. Scary, but so good.

Fargo season five on FX… I’m on E1. Off to a good Fargo type good start.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Watched the first half of the last season of The Crown. (It's odd how they're doing it. They released half of the season, but only week by week, not all at once. Then they make you wait a month before they dribble out the last half, week by week. Gotta keep those subscriptions up, I guess.) It was interesting but dark--it was the events leading up to and including Diana's death. Not happy-happy fun stuff.

Why did I watch it? I liked the earlier seasons, probably because I didn't know as much about the other UK in the 50s.

Bass reeves is solid, it’s a Yellowstone show set in 1883 showing the life of a former slave turned us marshal who is often considered to be the inspiration behind the Lone Ranger.
    Go Cats!

Watching For All Mankind on Apple TV+. It's an alternate history show that starts in July, 1969 with a different kind of landing on the moon and a continued space race. Really good.

Watching For All Mankind on Apple TV+. It's an alternate history show that starts in July, 1969 with a different kind of landing on the moon and a continued space race. Really good.
    I just finished first season, haven’t got into 2nd season yet… nice spin on space race .

^Season 2 is a slow burn but the last couple of episodes--

^^^Wow! Just finished S2… let’s just say, it got good!

Prime Video will now include commercials starting Jan 29:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...s/72039099007/

First they raise the Prime rates, then they degrade the viewing experience. I'm sure the $2.99/month ad-free tier will go up over time.

Boiling frogs.

If I watched a lot of Prime (or any, really) I'd be ticked.

Prime Video will now include commercials starting Jan 29:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...s/72039099007/

First they raise the Prime rates, then they degrade the viewing experience. I'm sure the $2.99/month ad-free tier will go up over time.

Boiling frogs.

If I watched a lot of Prime (or any, really) I'd be ticked.
    Yeah, Amazon must really be struggling making ends meet. Greedy bast&)(ds!

By the way, For All Mankind hasn’t disappointed.

I’ve actually started watching the sopranos for the first time at my cousins recommendations. This may take a while…

I've never seen it either, Padukacat. Maybe I'll start too.

I started watching Breaking Bad after the series was over. I'm always late to the party.

I think Americans really like to watch football--like, a lot:

1-5-24 (3).jpg

https://twitter.com/LoganDobson/stat...99411327762495

Quote Originally Posted by Padukacat View Post
    I’ve actually started watching the sopranos for the first time at my cousins recommendations. This may take a while…
    I noticed on the guide that HBO was airing The Sopranos again. I thought to myself that might good to rewatch since I hadn’t seen it for a long time.

…getting close to finishing For All Mankind