Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1333

Thread: All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

Season three of Jack Ryan on Prime did not disappoint… watched all eight episodes in four days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

The Detectorists. Sounds stupid but it’s funny.

Binge watching Wednesday on Netflix. Is pretty good. Harry Potter meets Beetlejuice meets Adams Family
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

--Been watching 1923, a Yellowstone prequel with Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren, on Paramount+. It's a dark, dark show with a lot of beautiful scenery and adventure, like Yellowstone and 1883. Harrison Ford looks old and borderline frail. I looked it up, and he's 80. He looks it on this show--maybe that's what they're trying to communicate. He doesn't look like he can be running a ranch like Costner does on Yellowstone. Helen Mirren's 77 but she looks more vital and stronger than he does. I'd say it's not as good as Yellowstone and 1883, but still a good watch.

--New season of All Creatures Great and Small has started on PBS. It's also set in beautiful country (the Yorkshire dales in England) but it's kind of the opposite of the Yellowstone shows. Not much dark happening, unless it's taking care of a horse or working out a disagreement in the house. Mrs. BEvans and I thoroughly enjoyed the 1st 2 seasons and this one's good, too. It's set in 1939 as WW2 is starting.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Binge watching Wednesday on Netflix. Is pretty good. Harry Potter meets Beetlejuice meets Adams Family
    That it was.
    The greats watched it with Grammy and me one weekend when they were feeling poorly and the weather was not being so nice.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Wednesday was really cute. Great casting on Wednesday, Morticia, and Gomez.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Ted Lasso Season 3 premiere: March 15!

https://twitter.com/AppleTVPlus/stat...95089920507908
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I’ve been watching the series Shooter, spin-off from the Mark Wahlberg movie with same title, Shooter.

One of my favorite movie lines came from the movie Shooter

“I don’t think you understand, these boys killed my dog” ~ Bobby Lee Swagger

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Started watching "Dear Edward" on AppleTV+. Produced by the guy who was the showrunner for the Friday Night Lights TV series. 1 teenager (Edward) is the sole survivor of a passenger jet crash. It follows him and several different families who lost someone in the crash. Not going to lie, the 1st episode is dark, but overall the show's good and uplifting in an odd sort of way.

Oh, and just read this interesting Twitter thread: imagine Jerry Maguire with Tom Hanks as Jerry (and, say, Gwynneth Paltrow as Dorothy and Jamie Foxx as Rod Tidwell):

https://twitter.com/Jon_Finkel/statu...37329315893252

I'm sure some of you have been following the podcast and trial about the Murdaugh murders, well i would highly recommend watching the Netflix series that just came out about the murders in order to put a face with a name. I've heard everything theyve shown but it does bring the characters to life, very interesting indeed. Watch it quick, and follow along with the Murdaugh podcast by Mandy Matney or whatever her name is, she kind of brought this stuff to the surface over the past 4 years from the very first crime, and man it just kept getting deeper and darker and all unfolded as she made the podcast. Unreal abuse of power and sickness by the guy and family. Has to be the single craziest story to ever unfold in real time on a podcast. Podcast is pretty painful to endure with so much detail. The Prosecution has rested i believe, and there should be a decision on the charges against the murder of the wife and son soon. I bet he skates somehow but all of the evidence points to him. Anyone else been following?
    Go Cats!

Quote Originally Posted by Padukacat View Post
    I'm sure some of you have been following the podcast and trial about the Murdaugh murders, well i would highly recommend watching the Netflix series that just came out about the murders in order to put a face with a name. I've heard everything theyve shown but it does bring the characters to life, very interesting indeed. Watch it quick, and follow along with the Murdaugh podcast by Mandy Matney or whatever her name is, she kind of brought this stuff to the surface over the past 4 years from the very first crime, and man it just kept getting deeper and darker and all unfolded as she made the podcast. Unreal abuse of power and sickness by the guy and family. Has to be the single craziest story to ever unfold in real time on a podcast. Podcast is pretty painful to endure with so much detail. The Prosecution has rested i believe, and there should be a decision on the charges against the murder of the wife and son soon. I bet he skates somehow but all of the evidence points to him. Anyone else been following?
    I watched all 3 episodes the other night… wow!! That’s some family!! I’m curious how it got released during/before the murder trial. Talk about tainting a jury pool before the fact, and throw it out if court if a juror had seen it during the trial… is that jury sequestered?

Paul was a flat out “black out alcoholic” and would still be alive today had he not skated due to his family ties. He should be doing 15-20 for vehicular murder/manslaughter for the boating accident that is referenced in the ongoing trial as to who was alleged to kill the wife and son by the father.

48 hours has shown this in the past

Godfather of Harlem on Hulu is pretty good stuff.

Has anybody watched “Everything Everywhere All at Once”?

..I have no idea what it is about, but did win some awards. Not that awards mean anything to me, given who is voting for them and why.

Anything to report on Carnival Row, on Amazon?

Watch carnival row and really enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post

..I have no idea what it is about, but did win some awards. Not that awards mean anything to me, given who is voting for them and why.

Got halfway thru it and gave up. Actually I gave up a couple of times and kept thinking it would get better but it never did. It was just really boring. But then it might have just been me, it did win a lot of awards.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Got halfway thru it and gave up. Actually I gave up a couple of times and kept thinking it would get better but it never did. It was just really boring. But then it might have just been me, it did win a lot of awards.
    Same, I made it through 15 minutes, and thought maybe it was just me. I recorded it so I could fast forward to where I left off, and made it another 15 minutes… after the third 15 minute session I determined the movie sucked and deleted it.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Watch carnival row and really enjoyed it.
    I watched season 1, characters take on a wild premise, but the story line is familiar…

Last edited by blueboss; 04-07-2023 at 07:58 PM.

Am watching 1883. It is the "Yellowstone" prequel prequel. Watched first three episodes, really good. Sam Elliot, Tim McGraw and Isabel May steal the show
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Am watching 1883. It is the "Yellowstone" prequel prequel. Watched first three episodes, really good. Sam Elliot, Tim McGraw and Isabel May steal the show
    Oh she definitely is going to steal the show, that’s the best series of all the Yellowstone stuff
    Go Cats!

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post

It was hard to watch but incredibly smart and interesting in the end. It definitely will make you think and I’m barely smart enough to get it. It’s also a bit on the “woke” side I suppose and not really a Christian type of film in regard to the overall message it’s trying to convey but an interesting piece of work.
    Go Cats!

I enjoyed 1923 the most of the Yellowstone.

1883 was my favorite of the Yellowstone series so far. It's dark as hell but gives you a real sense of what it took to go west and the danger involved.

Night Agent, on Netflix is pretty good…

There are a couple of lousy actors, but the action and story keep it going.

So finally watched Top Gun Maverick. I think I saw it years ago under the title "Iron Eagle", they just fused some Star Wars in there. Am I the only one who was expecting to hear "Use the Force Rooster" when he shot the missle without guidance into the shaft?

Just finished binging Tulsa King on Paramount+. It's another Taylor Sheridan show (he created Yellowstone and the prequels/spinoffs 1883 and 1923), but set in modern-day NYC and Tulsa. It's action/drama/comedy where Stallone is freed after 25 years in prison and his Family sends him to Tulsa to plant their flag there.

Stallone is good! IMHO he's always had underrated comedy chops--he has good timing. Good cameos from Barry Corbin, too. Wish they had more of him.

It was fun and can't wait for Season 2.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 05-19-2023 at 01:38 PM.

Just watched Air on prime video about sonny vicarro signing michael jordan to Nike, it was really good. Loved the 80s feel to it.
    Go Cats!

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    1883 was my favorite of the Yellowstone series so far. It's dark as hell but gives you a real sense of what it took to go west and the danger involved.
    I binged it with my daughter and SIL… all I could think of was “tough living” my daughter was like, “could at least one good thing happen?”

…but, agreed, could not imagine making that journey during that period in time.