Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

Re: All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Well finished Deadwood the series and movie, not a favorite.
    The last couple of episodes and ending was terrible imo. After a great job developing the characters the writers eventually just quit and the actors followed suit.

I had no idea there was no ending.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

God Friended Me is ending Sunday. They were at least told in time to write a series finale (2 hour), so I'm looking forward to it. Will be interesting to see how they wrap it up, and if they find out finally who is behind the God account on Facebook.

Billions, S-3, starts out a little slow, but E3 has started to pick up steam. Should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Don't think anybody here besides me watched the God Friended Me show, but it was pretty good. Not a religious show, if that was a turnoff (or an inducement) for you. Premise is that a podcast guy/atheist whose father is an Episcopal minister (with a lesbian daughter, just to add more spice to it) received a Facebook "Friend" request from God.

God would recommend friend requests for him weekly, and it was always somebody who needed some sort of help. There are all kind of twists and turns in each episode, sometimes with them weaving earlier episodes in the current one in ways you did not see coming. Often the friend request would have an odd connection to one of the "God Squad" (Miles, Cara and Rakesh).

The main characters are the podcast guy, his computer tech superstar friend, his love interest journalist (the three of them work together). His father, head guy at Harlem Episcopal plays a medium role, and his sister, the lesbian bar owner/manager also a medium role.

Lot of cool characters developed through the series. Not my favorite show of all time, but nothing serious, pretty much "feel good" kinda show. I say "pretty much" because sometimes it doesn't work out like you think...a character will die, for example, that you thought might "beat" the disease, or somebody goes to jail, or loses their child or something.

Some questions that I am looking forward to seeing resolved by the finale (I won't post again because I don't want to ruin any storyline in case you end up needing something to watch, and go back and pick this show up):

* Will Miles and Cara reunite?
    * Will Miles' sister (Ali) beat her cancer?
    * Will they finally find out who is behind the God Account?

Lot of other possible storylines probably won't be addressed, like Cara's stepfather and his prison sentence, the former guy who was "friended" by "God," Rakesh's love interest; etc.

My thoughts are that they'll probably figure out who is behind the God Account, in a way...I think they'll find the person responsible for operating the Code, but they'll learn that the Code sort of operates itself or something. It will leave the viewer with the dual possibility that it either a) really is God behind it, or b) it was really science/computer/AI that was the engine behind the train.

The writing has been clever, although the storylines may not be your favorites (not mine either). It was definitely a "different" show for me to watch, but one I enjoyed. I'm almost glad that it is ending after this year, though. Carry it on much longer and I think you strain the storyline too much. Two years seems just about right. I think there are 32 episodes, so they did a really good job (in my mind) of keeping our interest to the end--but not sure it would have continued much longer.

(Note--one of my favorite type shows to watch are these "mini-series" shows. I like having about 8 hours of shows and it wraps up. Fargo, The Sinner, etc. are my cup of tea. So this is almost like an elongated version of it.)

Mrs. BEvans and I are enjoying "Kim's Convenience" on Netflix. It's a Canadian sitcom about a Korean family in Toronto. Mom and Dad own a convenience store ("Kim's Convenience"). Very funny and good if you're looking for something for the whole family.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Mrs. BEvans and I are enjoying "Kim's Convenience" on Netflix. It's a Canadian sitcom about a Korean family in Toronto. Mom and Dad own a convenience store ("Kim's Convenience"). Very funny and good if you're looking for something for the whole family.
    Ooh, I like the sound of that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Don't think anybody here besides me watched the God Friended Me show, but it was pretty good. Not a religious show, if that was a turnoff (or an inducement) for you. Premise is that a podcast guy/atheist whose father is an Episcopal minister (with a lesbian daughter, just to add more spice to it) received a Facebook "Friend" request from God.

God would recommend friend requests for him weekly, and it was always somebody who needed some sort of help. There are all kind of twists and turns in each episode, sometimes with them weaving earlier episodes in the current one in ways you did not see coming. Often the friend request would have an odd connection to one of the "God Squad" (Miles, Cara and Rakesh).

The main characters are the podcast guy, his computer tech superstar friend, his love interest journalist (the three of them work together). His father, head guy at Harlem Episcopal plays a medium role, and his sister, the lesbian bar owner/manager also a medium role.

Lot of cool characters developed through the series. Not my favorite show of all time, but nothing serious, pretty much "feel good" kinda show. I say "pretty much" because sometimes it doesn't work out like you think...a character will die, for example, that you thought might "beat" the disease, or somebody goes to jail, or loses their child or something.

Some questions that I am looking forward to seeing resolved by the finale (I won't post again because I don't want to ruin any storyline in case you end up needing something to watch, and go back and pick this show up):

* Will Miles and Cara reunite?
    * Will Miles' sister (Ali) beat her cancer?
    * Will they finally find out who is behind the God Account?

Lot of other possible storylines probably won't be addressed, like Cara's stepfather and his prison sentence, the former guy who was "friended" by "God," Rakesh's love interest; etc.

My thoughts are that they'll probably figure out who is behind the God Account, in a way...I think they'll find the person responsible for operating the Code, but they'll learn that the Code sort of operates itself or something. It will leave the viewer with the dual possibility that it either a) really is God behind it, or b) it was really science/computer/AI that was the engine behind the train.

The writing has been clever, although the storylines may not be your favorites (not mine either). It was definitely a "different" show for me to watch, but one I enjoyed. I'm almost glad that it is ending after this year, though. Carry it on much longer and I think you strain the storyline too much. Two years seems just about right. I think there are 32 episodes, so they did a really good job (in my mind) of keeping our interest to the end--but not sure it would have continued much longer.

(Note--one of my favorite type shows to watch are these "mini-series" shows. I like having about 8 hours of shows and it wraps up. Fargo, The Sinner, etc. are my cup of tea. So this is almost like an elongated version of it.)
    Outstanding ending.

Answered questions about

^ Miles and Cara
    ^ Rakesh and Jaya
    ^ Ali's cancer
    ^ Miles' faith. Sorta. In a cool way, as they wove several story lines from other episodes into the finale
    ^ Cara's stepfather. Not much to it, but I was kinda looking for a resolution there and it did
    ^ Who is behind the God Account? Hmm. Just say it was an outstanding way of wrapping up the series. A+ from me for the final storyline there, but if you require absolute tying up in a tidy bow, you wouldn't like it as much.

Will never be accused of being a great show, but cool plot twists, nice feel good stuff (but sadness, too), solid writing and acting. Left me with a smile on my face and a little dusty at the end, too.

Does anyone have a review to offer on the series Black Sails, on STARZ network?

Last edited by blueboss; 04-30-2020 at 09:30 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Haven't finished it , started a year and a half ago if that tells you anything...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Watching Curse of Oak Island. I like it because I can sleep thru an episode or two and not miss anything.

Went to that after 5 episodes of "Curb the Enthusiasm". First 2 episodes were good, then it became tiresome, and did so real fast.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I did watch "Super Size Me 2--"Holy Chicken". I am a huge Morgan Spurlock fan despite his political leanings (which comes thru on all is shows, documentaries, etc....). In this one he starts a restaurant and is 100% honest. A few things surprised me, but not much as most I already knew from arguments with my wife....the documentary shows she was wrong. Is a really good watch.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Excellent recommendation...and 15% discount during gay pride week!

Billions, season 5 episode 1 airs tonight on Showtime.

AMC is bringing back Creepshow, starts 5/4 10:00 pm est.

Toying with restarting Battlestar Galactica (the reboot). Some YouTube clips came up in my Recommended queue on YouTube, watched them and it reminded me how good the show was (for the most part). I've watched the first 4 episodes but there are 76 total IIRC and I'm not sure I'm ready to make that kind of commitment.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 05-04-2020 at 09:26 AM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Haven't finished it , started a year and a half ago if that tells you anything...
    I tweaked my back, and have had to slow down for a few days. Ive managed to get through two seasons of Black Sails, it’s not bad for a swashbuckler.

It does have quite a bit of nudity surrounding the prostitutes, and of course being pirates there is a lot of violence.

The story line keeps me wanting to see the next episode, so mission accomplished. Plus it depicts how tough those days were back then and doesn’t romanticize an idyllic life that most pirate movies do.

The lead, his mother is Dame Maggie Smith.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

If you're an Eagles fan the History of the Eagles is now available on Amazon Prime for around $12 and it lasts around 4 hours. It's an extended version over the last one that came out around 2003, I think.
    Last edited by badrose; 05-09-2020 at 11:52 AM.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos during the isolation. I watched a lot of pre-suspension Ali, then worked my way through the other heavyweights of that era (Frazier, Foreman, Norton, Lyle, Young, etc.), then the great lighter fighters of the 70s/80s (Hagler, Hearns, Leonard, Duran).

Now I've started watching some of the great track and field performances. Right now watching Mike Powell breaking Bob Beamon's WR long jump--before that, watched Dave Wottle's great kick to win the 800 at the 72 Olympics.

I miss sports.

Right now Donna and I are just surviving from one Blacklist episode to another

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Finished Bosch, well worth the watch great show!

Sundance Channel is running a John Wayne movie marathon (True Grit, Sons of Katie Elder, Rio Grande) tonight and a Clint Eastwood one (Joe Kidd, Pale Rider, Unforgiven, High Plains Drifter) tomorrow night.

Clint is the last of the big western stars.

Rewatched Road to Perdition tonight.

We don't normally watch movies at home, so that was a nice change.

Got started on the Netflix series Ozark.

Have started bloodline on Netflix

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Got started on the Netflix series Ozark.

Good show. Binge watched all 3 seasons in about a week and a half

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Good show. Binge watched all 3 seasons in about a week and a half
    I’m mid-way through season 2...

Can anybody ever catch a break on this show? Every character has way too many balls in the air at any given time.

Last edited by blueboss; 05-20-2020 at 09:14 AM.

"Somebody Feed Phil," a food/travel series with Everybody Hates Raymond creator Phil Rosenthal, returns with Season 3 on May 29th. Seasons 1 and 2 are on Netflix and amusing, especially if you've got wanderlust right now and looking to travel virtually.

Anybody watch the series, "Get Shorty"?

Got a little "Breaking Bad" in it. Really good show (I'm in the first season of it now) so far.