Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Re: All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

If you love (or miss) Monty Python you can buy the entire series now.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Monty...Blu-ray/78922/

(it appears to be recorded in Norwegian) I just caught that. English subtitles.
    Last edited by badrose; 11-15-2019 at 07:44 AM.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

New season of Shameless started last Sunday
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Season 3 of The Crown is now on Netflix. Different actors for the main characters, and that takes some getting used to. But 3 episodes in it's still a good watch.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

Mr Mercedes season 3 just wrapped up on Audience... not bad. They haven’t announced whether there will be a season 4 yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Rupp's Runt

Signed up for Disney +

Good deal if you like all things Disney.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Signed up for Disney +

Good deal if you like all things Disney.

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk
    Since they own everything it's a fair bet they have something for everyone.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Since they own everything it's a fair bet they have something for everyone.
    Ha, you would think but not really. If you love all things Marvel and Star wars it is great. But it is mostly stuff you have seen. They will have some original content, but it will be slow to roll out.

The other audience is kids and cartoons. Which is the reason I bought it. I like the above, but it is mostly for my girls.

Only G - PG 13 content will be on there. Their rated R stuff will be on Hulu eventually. But price is the big deal. I just don't see how Netflix can compete long term. Disney plans to bundle this with Hulu and ESPN+ for the same price as the middle Netflix plan.

I don't see me having Netflix in a year

Disney's doing a thing right now where they're packaging Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ for $12.99/month. I was thinking about it, holding out to see if something better gets offered for Black Friday.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Late notice alert*****

Life of Brian and Monty Python The Holy Grail is airing on IFC tonight starting at 8:00 pm est

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

The Irishman is now up on Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Late notice alert*****

Life of Brian and Monty Python The Holy Grail is airing on IFC tonight starting at 8:00 pm est

My friends and I were watching these last night. I saw your alerts, sent out a text to them and voila.
    Let's go the the stoning!
    142 Mexican Whooping Llamas...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Just saw the new Midway movie over the weekend and loved it. Highly recommend watching it.
    Donna my wife, who is more a Hallmark movie fan, loved it too. She said she could barely eat her popcorn for fear of missing something important. The acting is at least as good or better than any war movie from the past. Imo everyone of the people below deserve an award for giving a historically accurate and moving peformance. And very surprisingly, Woody Harrelson actually became Chester Nimitz with a tremendous acting job. They took this serious and if you liked the old Midway, these gals and guys, in spite of the historic actors in the original, took it to a whole new level imo.

Ed Skrein ...Dick Best
    Patrick Wilson...Edwin Layton
    Woody Harrelson...Chester W. Nimitz
    Luke Evans...Wade McClusky
    Mandy Moore...Ann Best
    Luke Kleintank...Clarence Dickinson
    Dennis Quaid...William 'Bull' Halsey
    Aaron Eckhart...Jimmy Doolittle
    Keean Johnson...James Murray
    Nick Jonas...Bruno Gaido
    Etsushi Toyokawa...Isoroku Yamamoto

..and many more solid performers

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    Just saw the new Midway movie over the weekend and loved it. Highly recommend watching it.
    Donna my wife, who is more a Hallmark movie fan, loved it too. She said she could barely eat her popcorn for fear of missing something important. The acting is at least as good or better than any war movie from the past. Imo everyone of the people below deserve an award for giving a historically accurate and moving peformance. And very surprisingly, Woody Harrelson actually became Chester Nimitz with a tremendous acting job. They took this serious and if you liked the old Midway, these gals and guys, in spite of the historic actors in the original, took it to a whole new level imo.

Ed Skrein ...Dick Best
    Patrick Wilson...Edwin Layton
    Woody Harrelson...Chester W. Nimitz
    Luke Evans...Wade McClusky
    Mandy Moore...Ann Best
    Luke Kleintank...Clarence Dickinson
    Dennis Quaid...William 'Bull' Halsey
    Aaron Eckhart...Jimmy Doolittle
    Keean Johnson...James Murray
    Nick Jonas...Bruno Gaido
    Etsushi Toyokawa...Isoroku Yamamoto

..and many more solid performers
    Looks like a great cast.

We have an informal tradition that we don't watch Christmas shows until Thanksgiving. Starting after the Macy's parade, my son watched Elf, Home Alone, Miracle on 34th Street and A Muppet Christmas Carol (an underrated version of the story--Michael Caine is really good).

The son is working retail during the Christmas season, so I don't blame him for trying to get a booster of Christmas goodwill.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    We have an informal tradition that we don't watch Christmas shows until Thanksgiving. Starting after the Macy's parade, my son watched Elf, Home Alone, Miracle on 34th Street and A Muppet Christmas Carol (an underrated version of the story--Michael Caine is really good).

The son is working retail during the Christmas season, so I don't blame him for trying to get a booster of Christmas goodwill.
    Watching Christmas Vacation right now on network television.

Watched CV at eight last night myself while installing live tree lights. A tradition for me

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Been watching Madmen almost to season 7 and it’s really good.

Will watch Midway looks really good.

Have you seen the Apple ad? I know they're manipulating me, but it still gets me in all the feels, as the kids say.

This is the long version--I can't find the TV version online.

Just discovered QB1 on Netflix. They follow four high school quarterbacks each season; Nik Scalzo is one of the featured qb’s in season 3. This may be old news to everyone else lol. Didn’t have time to watch much last night but I’m going to check it out this weekend.

Season 3 of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is now live on Prime streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Season 3 of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is now live on Prime streaming.
    The Mrs. is a devotee and I promised to start watching it with her. She even said she would rewatch the first two seasons with me lol.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

^Season 1 was a jewel. Season 2 not as good IMHO but still funny and worth a watch.

If you're a Bond fan Amazon Prime has most, if not all, of the Bond movies (except the Daniel Craig series) and have given them a 4K boost in picture quality.

I should say that Never Say Never Again is included in the offering and the resolution is much better. Plus, the movie itself is better than most of the official series.
    Last edited by badrose; 12-16-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Prime has the new seasons out of both The Expanse and the John Krasinski version of Jack Ryan. I got about halfway thru one episode of Jack Ryan before I fell asleep last night (my fault, not theirs). I may have to wait for vacation after Christmas to catch up :/

I was posting in another thread about Love Actually and thought I'd throw it open for the group. Any Christmas shows that are definitely must-watch?

At Casa Evans it's
    --Die Hard (just kidding--but really)
    --Love Actually
    --The Holiday (we usually start early with Love Actually and The Holiday because they're arguably not even Christmas movies)
    --Elf
    --Charlie Brown Christmas
    --Rudolph
    --Frosty
    --Miracle on 34th Street (my family prefers the John Hughes remake with Richard Attenborough for some reason)
    --Muppet Christmas Carol (an underrated Michael Caine performance as Scrooge, IMHO)
    --It's A Wonderful Life
    --The Nativity Story (split opinion on this--DW and I really like it, our adult children don't)
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 12-16-2019 at 10:17 AM.

BTW, yes, we do watch a lot of TV. What's your point?

Besides Charles Brown, various family members have to watch A Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, and Elf. Elf is my personal favorite but of course we’ve seen them all a dozen times each.

Just saw a quick teaser for Fargo, coming this spring on FX.

Last night on Prime I watched Brittany Runs A Marathon, about a person who's in a bad place due to a variety of bad life choices and she decides to, well, run a marathon. In the process she learns a lot about herself. Inspirational movie for the New Year.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 01-03-2020 at 10:29 AM.