Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Re: All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

Just discovered The Expanse on Prime and can’t stop watching it. Sci fi in HD with excellent writing.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Last 3 shows I streamed:

--The 100 Foot Journey: an Indian immigrant to France moves from his family's Indian restaurant to a Michelin-starred classical French restaurant across the way ("100 Foot Journey") and becomes a star.

--Ali's Wedding: an Iraqi immigrant to Australia (by way of Iran) fakes his medical school entrance exam score in an attempt to ingratiate himself with his crush's family. Comedy ensues.

--Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee: Jerry Seinfeld and Robert Klein episode.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 02-20-2019 at 08:17 AM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    Anyone still watching The Blacklist? Season 6 has been great so far. I hope there will be a Season 7 but I can't find any evidence of it just yet. It's one of the best shows on network television.
    Have watched the first 5 episodes in the last two days. It's very good. Enjoying the courtroom scenes, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Have watched the first 5 episodes in the last two days. It's very good. Enjoying the courtroom scenes, too.
    Court room scenes are the best part of this season IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Court room scenes are the best part of this season IMO.

I'm still one show behind, but I probably will not watch it tonight. I don't like to watch them unless I have a 2nd one ready to go in case I want to binge watch at least 2 in a row.

May I suggest "Inside the Mossad" on Netflix. Lots of back detail of old operations with the real players. Some stories are given with identities still cloaked.
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com

Rupp's Runt

Why is Netflix cancelling all the Marvel stuff? Have anything to do with Disney about to ramp up their streaming service?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Why is Netflix cancelling all the Marvel stuff? Have anything to do with Disney about to ramp up their streaming service?

Why doesn't Disney just buy Netflix? They own everything else.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Blacklist is one of the best shows in many years imo. In its genre, maybe the best I have ever watched.

I am also sold on The Good Doctor and the wife and I are loyal watchers. Tremendous acting by the whole cast aided by sensitive and yet cutting edge writers.

I highly recommend it.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

I'm going to give an update on a show that I initially commended, God Friended Me, about an atheist who received random "friend" requests from a "God" account on Facebook.

It has become very mediocre in my opinion. Initially, it had not only the "twist" you might expect, but a "twist" beyond the "twist," which made it really interesting. First couple of episodes were outstanding in that regard.

Recently, it has become not only predictable, but mundane. I'm going to hang in there and finish the first season and see what I think, but I worry the writers have just run out of ideas. I have no problem with the "goody two-shoes" approach for the whole show--I'm a weird guy, one of my absolute favorite shows is The Blacklist, so you know my tastes run the gamut--but when it's ONLY the goody two-shoes story, it gets rather boring.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Why doesn't Disney just buy Netflix? They own everything else.
    I've been hoping they will.

Watching The Untouchables for the first time in forever. Started watching on the Roku app but it was quite grainy so I popped in a blu-ray disc and it's as crisp as a 3D picture (almost). Great movie. Costner and Connery did quite well together.
    Last edited by badrose; 02-25-2019 at 08:59 PM.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Game of Thrones season 8 will premiere on April 14th.

I just saw on YouTube that Peter Tork had died recently. I remember watching The Monkeys on TV way back when although I don't remember much beyond the opening where they locked feet on the beach going in and out.

Just watched The Bill Murray Stories on Netflix, a documentary about how Bill Murray just kind of shows up and participates in these "regular folks" events, like a kickball game in a park, joining a couple for their engagement photo session, tending bar at a local hangout, washing dishes at a party in someone's house, etc. Really interesting--highly recommend.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

For those of you who have a 4K/UHD television Field of Dreams 4K will be coming out May 14th. There will be 2 versions. One is a Steelbook with cover art from Best Buy and the other will be regular 4K packaging from Blu-ray through amazon. The steelbook version is actually cheaper which is rare. Both come with digital copy which is a code number that can be used for streaming through Vudu, Fandango, and others.

^^^^They are taking pre-orders at blu-ray.com and at best buy now.

If you're a fan of the Sherlock Holmes movies with Jude Law and Robert Downey Jr and looking forward to the 3rd installment well, it's been pushed back another year making it a full decade since the last one.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/deadwood...te-teaser-hbo/

Deadwood, the movie...

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    http://www.tvguide.com/news/deadwood...te-teaser-hbo/

Deadwood, the movie...

Finally! W. Earl Brown, the guy who plays Dan Dority, is from Kentucky as well as his character. I've watched that series several times. Several of the actors played parts in the Justified series.

The final season of Game of Thrones premiers on April 14th on HBO. Great series!

The last (and sadly, final) season of Catastrophe is now up on Amazon Prime.

Mrs. BEvans and I watch a PBS/BBC show "Call The Midwife." The new season premieres on PBS this Sunday. Previous seasons are on Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    The last (and sadly, final) season of Catastrophe is now up on Amazon Prime.

Mrs. BEvans and I watch a PBS/BBC show "Call The Midwife." The new season premieres on PBS this Sunday. Previous seasons are on Netflix.
    I haven't gotten around to watching Catastrophe's last season but it's a good show, pretty realistic.

The Enemy Within is a good show. It stars Jennifer Carpenter as a former CIA agent turned traitor who helps the FBI catch bad people. If you're able to start at the beginning it's a worthwhile show. It's on Mondays on NBC.
    Last edited by badrose; 03-26-2019 at 12:13 PM.

^thanks for the recommendation. Someone else recommended it, too. I'll give it a look.

Bosch season 5 is coming April 19th on Amazon Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Just discovered The Expanse on Prime and can’t stop watching it. Sci fi in HD with excellent writing.
    I have watched that and enjoyed it very much. And I hear the fourth season will be released in a Prime bundle which means super binge watching. Not sure when though.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

If you watched Killing Eve last year season 2 begins Sunday at 10 PM and several re-airings after in case of conflicts with other shows. If you missed the first season they will re-air all episodes starting at 2 AM Sunday, just record if you're not a night owl.

The Highwaymen, on Netflix, looks to be a good show given the cast,... Costner and Harrelson for starters but just the tip of the iceberg.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1860242/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    If you watched Killing Eve last year season 2 begins Sunday at 10 PM and several re-airings after in case of conflicts with other shows. If you missed the first season they will re-air all episodes starting at 2 AM Sunday, just record if you're not a night owl.
    Great series, IIRC you may have been the one that recommended it last year when it first aired...Thanks, looking forward to season 2.

I forgot to mention that Killing Eve was on BBC America just in case.

BTW The Highwaymen on Netflix was pretty good. It's a movie about two old lawmen catching up with Bonnie and Clyde.
    Last edited by badrose; 04-04-2019 at 11:41 AM.