Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Re: All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

Heads Up: If you missed the BBC series Killing Eve 1st season it will show all episodes tomorrow morning at 1AM so most likely you'll want to record them.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    It’s very well done, we really enjoyed it. Having seen the 70’s version, I was actually interested in seeing how they adapted it to current time.

Gaga, love her or hate her can flat out sing, and I was pleasantly surprised at Bradly Cooper’s singing/acting, he did a great job.

If you know the storyline just be prepared, let’s just say it got a little dusty or smoky in the the theater a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cooper and Gaga were on Graham Norton last week. The clips were good. Gaga looks so much better without the gaudy makeup.

House of Cards...season 5 is out.

President Underwood, she takes "bitch" to a whole new level. I hear she is modeled after Hillary, and pretty accurately IMO....except she is good looking (not Hillary)
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

^^^It was a great show and Kevin Spacey was great at playing an a-hole and not just on House of Cards. I'll probably binge-watch this season.

You can get The Best of Bogart Collection on Blu-ray at blu-ray.com. Includes The Maltese Falcon, Casablanca, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, and The African Queen (my mom and dad's favorite). $31.95

Currently watching The Kominsky Method, a Netflix comedy with Alan Arkin and Michael Douglas. Pretty funny, good watch.

Going to start watching season 2 of Mars today. Enjoyed season one.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

Started watching The Little Drummer Girl. A mini series on AMC about a girl who gets tangled in an espionage/counter terrorism plot.

It’s 6 episodes but they run them two at a time back to back with a run time each of about 2:30.

Pretty good, but I will say it’s hard to follow from time to with the all of the twists and turns.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Some odds and ends:

--Just now getting to watching "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" on Amazon Prime. Very funny and also a nice little period show about NY in the late 50s;

--Comedians With Cars Getting Coffee is now on Netflix--Jerry Seinfeld kicking it with comedians/comedy writers. Funny in a Seinfeldian way;

--I'm a fan of old, pre-80s Chicago (with that big horn section and before the death of Terry Kath, a great, underrated guitarist). Netflix has a new and very good documentary of Chicago, "Now More Than Ever."
    The new season of "Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" premieres on Amazon tomorrow.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I wasn't able to get to the theater For Mission: Impossible - Fallout so I just got the 4K Blu-ray today. I wasn't disappointed and my expectations were high. I've seen every production in the series and IMO this one is the best so far. Plot, action, stunts, scenery, acting...all top notch.

I found this while looking to find the first two Godfather flicks rearranged in chronological order. It's about how difficult it was to get GF1 off the ground.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...day-of-it.html

Rupp's Runt

Just finished Gotham and started Krypton. Krypton is short. Maybe 10 episodes. First show kept me interested. Then I need to find a western or maybe a military type of series. Something to be a change from superhero sci-fi stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Rupp's Runt

My friend is pushing Supernatural. Anyone watched it?

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Just finished Gotham and started Krypton. Krypton is short. Maybe 10 episodes. First show kept me interested. Then I need to find a western or maybe a military type of series. Something to be a change from superhero sci-fi stuff.

Is that Gotham, the TV show? I've been following that. They do a pretty good job with it. If you haven't watched Justify, you might want to watch that. It has Timothy Olyphant in the role of US Marshal working in the Harlan, KY area. It has a slight western feel. Band of Brothers is the best series for military drama and appears to stay somewhat close to historical accounts.

Rupp's Runt

Yes the TV show. I've enjoyed it. The first season was just ok but I've really enjoyed it since. Or maybe I just enjoy Dr. Thompkins?

I'm glad they finally explained the Joker. And Cat and Bruce's relationship has been fun to follow. I think they are finishing it up this year with a partial season. Maybe we can get a Dark Knight spin off? The early days of Batman?

Deadwood, the movie, will be coming out sometime in 2019. Most of the cast of the series will be in it.

I've been watching a cop show called Rookie and it's really good. It's on ABC and you can pick it up On Demand. It gets better with each episode. The last ep was awesome.

Last edited by Darrell KSR; 12-13-2018 at 04:33 PM.

Watched the first episode of Romanoffs on Prime last night. It’s made by the producers of Mad Men if that tells you anything. Wasn’t horrible.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    I've been watching a cop show called Rookie and it's really good. It's on ABC and you can pick it up On Demand. It gets better with each episode. The last ep was awesome.
    I've seen every episode this year on my DroidTV app. I usually give a new show that looks like I *might* be interested 2 episodes to keep me, or else. If it's really bad, just one, but I try to go to the 2nd one.

This one kept me.

Anybody watching "A Million Little Things?"

I haven't seen the one from yesterday yet (I have to wait a day or so for it to "drop" to my app), and I've seen the entire season, but I'm not sure if I like it or hate it.

Everybody irritates me on the show. And it's depressing. And some parts of it lose track with reality. But I think the acting/actors are really good, and the writing, for what it is, is excellent.

I'm going to finish out the Fall season and then decide whether I'll pick it up or not in the Spring. I watch these shows usually between midnight and 4 a.m. when my insomnia kicks in. I'm currently on a kick of mostly reading on my Kindle instead, so I may take a break from some of the "borderline" shows anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    Really glad it's good. That's Nathan Fillion, who is known to the enlightened as Captain Mal Reynolds, or addressed simply as Captain if meeting him in public.

Of course he did Castle as well, and that was a fun series too, and I was hoping his new one really was well done. Glad to hear it's off to a promising start. He's got a great screen personality, but honestly these shows don't do anything to really let him be who he got to be as Mal.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I've seen every episode this year on my DroidTV app. I usually give a new show that looks like I *might* be interested 2 episodes to keep me, or else. If it's really bad, just one, but I try to go to the 2nd one.

This one kept me.
    That's awesome. I'm going to have to find it now. Two good up votes is great.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Well, I just read something that really pi##ed me off. Apparently, Longmire was cancelled, not because ratings were low, but because the viewership was too old, mostly 50 and up. Sponsors felt that the older viewers would be less likely to buy new products.
    Last edited by badrose; 12-17-2018 at 05:34 PM.

I started season two of Westworld...

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

How does it stack up to season one?
    I have them DVR'd just haven't gotten to them with the work schedule and all...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    How does it stack up to season one?
    I have them DVR'd just haven't gotten to them with the work schedule and all...
    It’s pretty bizarre, yet very entertaining. The hook is still set for me. The hosts are taking over trying to keep up with who’s real and who’s not.

Just an interesting tidbit:

He (Clint Eastwood) and Burt Reynolds had major influences on each other's careers. It was he who sent a copy of "Sharky's Machine" to Reynolds, which gave Reynolds the idea to turn the novel into a movie, Sharky's Machine (1981), which went on to garner excellent reviews. On the other hand, it was Reynolds who sent Clint a copy of "The Outlaw Josey Wales", later made into a film by Eastwood (The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976)). Years later, Reynolds told him about "this great novel" called "The Bridges of Madison County", and some time later it was shot by Eastwood (The Bridges of Madison County (1995)).

Any of you caught "Godless" on Netflix. Excellent western with Jeff Daniels as the most known actor. Story about a town of women whose men all parish in a mine in one day.
    My Etsy Shop; https://rogerelliottphotos.etsy.com