Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1333

All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    The new theater that I can literally see from my house has those new theaters with super plush reclining seats and you have a tray for food, drink holders, all that stuff. Have been there once, and no doubt the theater itself is much more enjoyable than the old ones.

That being said I will still go to the Kentucky Theater and support it, as it is not as plush but is truly history and the theater itself is beautiful with big chandeliers, etc. It's also going to be 100 years old this year, which is pretty amazing.

But the new theaters are very nice. Helps offset the fact that it seems a lot of recent movies aren't all that good. lol
    Oh, and with you on the historic Theatre. There's one in Fondren (a hip off-downtown area, where Pig and a Pint is and other really good restaurants and bars), but the timing didn't work for us on the movie they had.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Nope.

Not recommended. Mediocre.

Hey, we enjoyed it. Sat in a plush recliner to watch (a first experience for me), and paid $3 because all movies were $3 yesterday. Wasn't a bad movie, just not good.
    We took my grandson to see the new Jurassic movie a few weeks back and went to a recliner theater, he woke me up twice.

I’m not sure if it was a commentary on the movie or the comfort of the seating, or I just needed some rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Re: All Things Video Thread (Movie or TV)

Just finished Season 1 of 1883 on Paramount+. It's a Yellowstone prequel but you don't have to have watched Yellowstone to watch it. It stands on its own.

Very dark. Very, very, very dark. But it paints a vivid picture of the West & what it took to get there & settle it. Tim McGraw is surprisingly good & Sam Elliott was made for this. Highly recommend.

Wish the end of season 1 ended differently for Elliott, thought he was perfect for that show.

Watched Margin Call again last night after listening to the latest Rewatchables podcast on it. Really good, underrated movie--everybody in it gives a great performance. Jeremy Irons in particular is spectacular, but I like him in everything. It's on Netflix.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 09-23-2022 at 08:54 AM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Watched Margin Call again last night after listening to the latest Rewatchables podcast on it. Really good, underrated movie--everybody in it gives a great performance. Jeremy Irons in particular is spectacular, but I like him in everything. It's on Netflix.
    I watched it last night, good movie.

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

OK..Dahmer, on Netflix. Very good, and very disturbing representation of the events. Just finished episode one
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Watching Rio Lobo on YouTube. Not as good as I remember. The first third of this movie (the gold theft, etc.) draaaaaaaaaaags.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    OK..Dahmer, on Netflix. Very good, and very disturbing representation of the events. Just finished episode one
    Thanks for review, I watched e1 last night… disturbing indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    Watching Rio Lobo on YouTube. Not as good as I remember. The first third of this movie (the gold theft, etc.) draaaaaaaaaaags.
    I prefer El Dorado and Rio Bravo of that basic trilogy. El Dorado with a very young James Caan, and then you can't go wrong with Dean Martin and Angie Dickinson and even Ricky Nelson in Rio Bravo. Also Walter Brennen who is always great.

Not really a trilogy but I guess three movies stamped out in that run that are usually grouped together. The casting in Rio Lobo is vastly inferior to the other two obviously. El Dorado still has James Caan, Robert Mitchum, Ed Asner.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I found myself glued to the tv while watching.

I watched e2 Dahmer, it’s hard to watch. He was one sick ticket.

Guess I'm on a Western kick--watched Little Big Man last night. Never really mentioned among the great Westerns, but still holds up.

Season premiere of Yellowstone tonight
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Did a little Yellowstone refresher and watched last episode of season 4…Bring on season 5.

On a spaceflight kick--watched the From The Earth To The Moon minseries on HBO Max, starting For All Mankind on Apple TV+.

Well did you boys finish dahmer? I started a week or so ago and had a few binge nights. The storyline of the father and his self discovery was so intriguing to me. The actor that played dahmer was just addicting as hell to watch, he’s really good. The fact they can make you feel sorry and understanding for the sick sob in one moment then realize he is a pathetic pos who is just endulging a sickness the next was masterful. Funny It didn’t get great reviews I loved it. Maybe I have issues lol, oh wait.
    Go Cats!

For me it’s hard to watch, and I suppose that’s a testament to how well the film makers have captured the sick bastards story.

I’ve watched three episodes and then took a break…I’ll get back to it shortly when my viewing schedule frees up some time to watch. Lots of college sports going on right now that ties up a lot of my viewing time.

OK, my wife and I enjoy listening to true crime podcasts when we travel by car, enjoy Criminal Minds, SVU, etc. Dahmer sounds like it would be right up our alley.

Got 3 months of free Apple TV+. I’ve been told Ted Lasso is worth a look, any other recommendations?

Mosquito coast is decent, it’s in its second season.

…also checked in on Echo 3, looks to be good, special forces action/drama in Columbia.

Some Black Friday/Cyber Monday ad-supported streaming deals:

Hulu $2/mo X 12 mos
    HBO Max $1.99/mo X 3 mos
    Peacock Premium $1/mo X 12 mos

https://www.cnet.com/deals/best-cybe...lus-hulu-more/
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 11-28-2022 at 09:53 AM.

Ted Lasso is pretty good, binged season one. Moving on to season two. They are :35 minute episodes.

I recommend Tulsa King. It streams on Paramount Plus. Episodes are about 38 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKERCATFAN View Post
    I recommend Tulsa King. It streams on Paramount Plus. Episodes are about 38 minutes.
    Watched the first two (teaser) episodes on Paramount looked good. I currently don’t have paramount +. Waiting for a promo, and get a few more episodes of a few of their shows to binge when I do sign up.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Watched the first two (teaser) episodes on Paramount looked good. I currently don’t have paramount +. Waiting for a promo, and get a few more episodes of a few of their shows to binge when I do sign up.

Promo Code TulsaKing gets you a free month I’ve heard

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKERCATFAN View Post
    Promo Code TulsaKing gets you a free month I’ve heard
    Thanks! I think what I’m going to do is look for a promo after seasons end for Tulsa King and a couple other shows so I can watch the whole season during a free month.

Season 3 of Jack Ryan now streaming on Prime… off to a good start.

Last edited by blueboss; 12-25-2022 at 05:35 PM.

Here are a few on Netflix I’ve liked:

Wednesday Adams- kind of childish but good binging for a season. It’s not been at the top of the charts for nothing.

The alpinist - if you watched free solo you’ll like this, the guy is unreal and very kind and just does it because he loves it. Extreme danger.

Narcos - it’s old but I just started it and it’s great. Love it.

Made the mistake of starting the HBO Chernobyl miniseries this evening. There's a chance I might get to sleep tonight.